It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's A Wonderful Life," starring Donald "Dr. Strangelove" Rumsfeld

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Maureen Dowd picks up where she left off at the end of her book "Bushworld: Enter At Your Own Risk." The focus is what it would be like had Rummy never existed....

A Not So Wonderful Life
By MAUREEN DOWD

Published: December 19, 2004

XTERIOR BRIDGE OVER POTOMAC RIVER - NIGHT

CLOSE SHOT - Rummy is standing by the railing, staring morosely into the water. The snow is falling hard. Feeling a tap on his shoulder, he wheels around and wrestles an old man with wings into a headlock.

OLD MAN: Ouch! Tut, tut. When will you learn that force doesn't solve everything?

RUMMY: Who the dickens are you?

OLD MAN: Clarence, Angel First Class. I've been sent down to help you.
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'm pasting the whole article in so y'all don't have to register at the NYT:

December 19, 2004
OP-ED COLUMNIST
A Not So Wonderful Life
By MAUREEN DOWD

XTERIOR BRIDGE OVER POTOMAC RIVER - NIGHT

CLOSE SHOT - Rummy is standing by the railing, staring morosely into the water. The snow is falling hard. Feeling a tap on his shoulder, he wheels around and wrestles an old man with wings into a headlock.

OLD MAN: Ouch! Tut, tut. When will you learn that force doesn't solve everything?

RUMMY: Who the dickens are you?

OLD MAN: Clarence, Angel First Class. I've been sent down to help you.

www.nytimes.com...

Word from on high.. my helping you out with this link was not appreciated. If you wanna read this great piece, you'll have to go through the pain in the A$$ of registering with the NYT. Sorry, I was lookin' out for y'all, but that's not cool, I guess. D

You can take my points, but you can never take my pride!

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Amen ! Brother, Amen !

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I love it, it if wasn't for this administration the world would be a better place to live.

I love the ending with the "Wife french conection"

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yeah, Dowd is a master at stickin' it to 'em. Bush don't call her "The Cobra" fer nuttin'.

If Rummy had never been, Tricky Dick would never have become. Colin Powell would probly be our Vice President and next President. How cool would that have been?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well, that's messed up. The mod just moved my thread from where it originated. WAR ON TERROR FORUM. I guess the humour's just a tad too stout for..

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Digression..... methinks Colin Powell should take a position and make a challenge come February. He commands tremendous respect in the military and with foreign leaders. Someone, please get this message to him !

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
this thing sounds some thing like the ghost of Christmas present!
Good story though! BTW no mention of what George W is doing

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
After the stunt he pulled at the UN, fabricated all that crap evidence, rather than resigning, he completely torpedo'd himself. He doesn't have near the credibility that he once had, unfortunately.:shk:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAF101

It doesn't say what W is doing..

CLARENCE: Dick and Lynne run a bait, tackle and baton-twirling shop in Casper, Wyo. You didn't exist, so you never gave him those jobs in the Nixon and Ford administrations, and he never ran for Congress or worked for Bush 41 or anointed himself 43's vice president. W. chose Chuck Hagel as his running mate. So without you and Dick there to dominate him, he was guided by his dad and Brent Scowcroft, who kept Condi in line.

It sez he's busy being prez.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I consider Rumsfeld a disgrace to our nation and to the administration, and he should have resign a long time ago when the prison scandal.

From all the other Bush appointees that had the decency to resign with graces he is the worst one and still hanging around.

I guess the pay off is to good for him to quite just now.

What a disgraced indeed.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Rumsfield can't resign just yet can he ? The oil wells of Iraq are not flowing too well at the moment and his expertise as Defence Secretary is still sorely needed to keep the wells safe.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yeah, Rumsfeld is a total disgrace to this nation.
The fact that he hasn't resigned willingly or even been forced is mind-boggling. This administration can in no way, ever again, criticize the Clinton administration for its lack of character. Bush's White House is every bit the moral cesspool that Clinton's was.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I agree with your ECK, sometimes I wonder if the reason Mr. Bush has not been able to get him out of is neck, is because Rumsfeld will become a bitter enemy to the present administration and to the Republican party.

I mean he has taken enough criticism from its own party members and even hints from Bush itself, to just run in shame and guilt, but you see that, he is just either stubborn or he knows that nobody can touch him right now.

And yes, Dixon, your are right I think the hold of that oil is to powerful to risk anything by him.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It basically proves that Bush isn't in charge at all. It's Rumsfeld and Cheney running the show. So, in essence, Rummy answers to no one. It's time good men on the right - if there are such a thing anymore - get together and force the old war-mongering curmudgeon out of power. The USA's reputation would be strengthened if that happened.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Dr. Strangelove Check out my avatar.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Dr. Strangelove Check out my avatar.

Nice one!

top topics

join