It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weird and Pointless Korg Miku Stomp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I didn't know what to expect when I hit the play button. I would consider myself a hobby drummer, and have been thinking about picking up a second instrument. While looking at some guitars online, I stumbled across this video and it had me in stitches! It's quite long, but these two gentlemen give the pedal a proper review. I love how you can upload your own vocals.

Dimensions are 2.91 x 4.72 x 1.97 inches for the box, which uses a pair of AA batteries for power. Oh yeah, it comes with a Japanese-language iPhone app where users can upload their own vocal patterns, which the box synthesizes using the integrated eVocaloid software.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

That's hilarious. I don't see any practical use for it but it is funny. The pic of the pedal made me laugh, too. I might have a dirty mind or something but I think they could have picked a better place to put that chrome button. It almost looks like she has a metal...boy part...sticking out there.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I can safely say, I will never buy this pedal lol. On a side note: does anyone else think that a lot of the sounds it makes could be reproduced using a Wah pedal?

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

That's hilarious. I don't see any practical use for it but it is funny. The pic of the pedal made me laugh, too. I might have a dirty mind or something but I think they could have picked a better place to put that chrome button. It almost looks like she has a metal...boy part...sticking out there.

Are you saying that kicking a tranny in the crotch produces high pitched noises?

Strange...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

LOL that's one way to put it. Oh, wow that was funny.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

It's a codpiece, get it right! It's a picture from Miku's death metal project.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That pedal seems to be a pretty effective way of ruining a perfectly good jam session!

Honestly though, even fans of the character (of which I know quite a few as it happens) will be hard pressed to describe this pedal in a positive light, let alone to coax a workable tune out of their guitars using it! You can tell from the way those fellows are reacting to the "music" they were making just now, that this pedal does not deal with change very well, and gets lost easily.

I have a pedal for my bass, which provides a suboctave backing. It tracks like a blind hunter with no sense of smell, but even that thing would outpace the nonsense that the reviewers had to deal with during that video! I felt really sorry for "the captain", as you could see that he was not holding himself together very well, and who can blame him?

top topics

join