It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason for Increased Sinkholes, Land Slips and Land Cracks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
One of the more noticeable phenomena that has increased in recent years is the sinkholes. This also began increasing along with quakes, volcanoes, disease outbreaks, fireballs, fires and explosions, mass animal die-offs and extreme weather events, all right around the same time with a slow increase in 2009 and rapidly upticking in 2012-13. This is next chapter in my series of threads from my book, Fever Rising. Although the book is for sale on Amazon, I'm publishing the book in its entirety here on the pages of ATS for the community where the ideas, information and writing were actually born back in late 2012 when I first started writing threads about methane gas, which I also attribute to the cause of increased land subsidence events, including sinkholes.

Here is a link to the last two threads. In the When the Trumpets Sounded thread, you can find the links to all the other threads right at the beginning.

The Daily Explosions and Unexplained Fires
Why Methane is Reponsible for the Loud Booms
When the Trumpets Sounded

Chapter 20: Sinkholes, Land Slips and Land Cracks

The earth’s crust is displacing and I don’t mean the Earth Crust Displacement Theory that predicts the poles will literally shift beneath our feet, but rather, it’s displacing from movement and shifting of the crustal plates. The evidence continues to mount with an increase in the amount of small earthquakes, volcanoes and resultant sonic booms from gas explosions as it erupts from fissures. The most insurmountable evidence is the sinkholes, land cracks, and land slides.

We’ve discussed in previous chapters the why, but here is a quick overview. The thin continental shelves under the oceans, off coastlines, is shifting from the increased pressure of added sea weight from land ice melt across Greenland, Siberia and Antarctica from record warming temperatures. On the reverse side of this is the decreasing pressure on those lands when the permafrost melts. This is not only affecting the thin continental shelves or the land underneath the polar ice, but the entire planet is suffering from this shifting weight as evidenced in the increased land subsidence events, earthquakes and volcanoes. This is yet another byproduct of increasing atmospheric dangerous gases trapping the sun’s heat, warming the air and causing ice to melt at alarmingly catastrophic rates.

There have been many sinkholes in all parts of the globe. Some have logical explanations, while others don’t. Some can be attributed to water main breaks, but could it be the other way around? Could the water mains be breaking due to land subsidence which is causing the sinkhole in the first place? Many sinkholes are due to the high amounts of rain in certain areas, which is another indirect result of the increasing methane and hydrogen sulfide gases causing the atmosphere to warm and moisture to increase.

Heavy rainfall can cause sinkholes in an event known as the karst process. This is a process that can take thousands of years. What happens is a layer of rock such as limestone underneath the ground is dissolved by acidic water. Typically the rainfall seeps through the soil over a long process absorbing the carbon dioxide which reacts with decaying vegetation. When the water reaches that layer of rock it’s acidic and that’s what erodes the soluble rock layers beneath the surface creating caverns that eventually cause surface grounds to collapse into them. Of course, the amount of heavy rains that some areas are experiencing, such as the UK in early 2014, can speed up this process.

When you consider that this karst process may be resulting in sinkholes, even then you have to question why now, today, are there so many sinkholes opening up all around the planet. Sure, the karst process may occur and take thousands of years, but it’s the earth’s crust shifting that may be the overall culprit and it may have triggered the collapse of many sinkholes that were in the karst process and would have normally taken hundreds of years to sink.

I asked Jonny Mnemonic if he thought that the sinkhole epidemic was related to the methane and hydrogen sulfide increase. Here was his response.

Post by JonnyMnemonic
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
Dangerous Gas may be the cause of super-charged, mass die-offs, quakes and more
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Yeah, I think at least some of the sinkholes are related. Couple of possibilities: 1) methane hydrate deposits beneath ground level may be giving way as the waters along coasts warm; and 2) biogenic sulfide corrosion is probably eating away at steel and concrete below ground where there's moisture and causing pipeline ruptures. If increasing numbers of sinkholes keep popping up - and that does seem to be the case - then it's gotta be something that's happening now that didn't used to happen, and both of those above possibilities would qualify.

This could really be quite a problem, probably worse if it's melting methane hydrates. The hydrate deposits formed across the ages, but then erosion washed soil and rocks over them along the coasts over time. Then animals and plants moved in on top of the soil. Then WE moved in on top of the soil and built cities all along the coasts. Just how stable is the ground going to be along coastlines? I haven't a clue. This could be anything from major annoyance to massive catastrophe. I am definitely watching these sinkhole events though.

I believe sinkholes will progress as a threat and the danger will escalate over the next couple of years as these heavy rains seep under ground and widen out the already existing cavities, create new ones, weaken anything left of supporting pillars and wash out the fine deposits that keep these caverns in place today. As temperatures continue to warm, the sinkhole threat will increase from torrential rains and pressures on the earth’s crust from melting ice. This is one epidemic that the main stream media will have a hard time ignoring, especially after people start dying.

The first death by sinkhole with widespread media attention happened in Seffner, FL when the earth disappeared underneath a home, a man’s bedroom to be more specific and this in the middle of the night while he slept. He sank into the hole and was swallowed up by the earth never to be heard from again.

Continued...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
A loud crash, then nothing: Sinkhole swallows Florida man
CNN, March 5, 2013
By Michael Pearson and John Zarrella
The ground just swallowed him up.

A Florida man fell into a sinkhole that opened suddenly Thursday night beneath the bedroom of his suburban Tampa home, calling out to his brother for help as he fell, the brother said Friday.

"I ran toward my brother's bedroom because I heard my brother scream," Jeremy Bush told CNN's "AC360."

"Everything was gone. My brother's bed, my brother's dresser, my brother's TV. My brother was gone."

Bush frantically tried to rescue his brother, Jeff Bush, by standing in the hole and digging at the rubble with a shovel until police arrived and pulled him out, saying the floor was still collapsing.

"I couldn't get him out. I tried so hard. I tried everything I could," he said through tears. "I could swear I heard him calling out."

There were five other people in the house, including a 2-year old child, who all escaped unharmed. The sinkhole was 30 feet across and 30 feet deep. The hole continued to expand at a slow pace, till officials quickly called off any rescue attempts of the man and bulldozed the unsafe home, filling in the hole during the process.

An official said although sinkholes were common in Florida, this one was, “not your typical sinkhole.” The state and the media came out immediately with statements about how common sinkholes are and how they can be deadly. Sure, have you ever heard of someone dying from a sinkhole, well, prior to this event anyways? Since the deadly Seffner sinkhole there have been a couple of deaths, but before this one, there had only been one death we know of from a sinkhole and that was when a Utah family drove their car into a sinkhole that had opened up and their young daughter had died from the crash.

Not long after the Seffner event a sinkhole opened up in China and a city worker who was walking down a sidewalk fell into the earth. He died. Several months later, another sinkhole that received widespread attention occurred when a man out after dark fell into a deep chasm in Missouri and died.

U.S. Marine falls into Missouri sinkhole and dies while tracking a deer
Huffington Post, Sep. 18, 2013
A sinkhole claimed the life of a U.S. Marine who was hunting deer in Missouri, according to the Pulaski County Sheriff's Department.

Sheriff Ron Long told KMBC that 31-year-old Curtis Powelson was tracking a wounded deer that he had shot with a bow when he fell into a 70-foot deep sink hole on Monday evening. His body was recovered early Thursday morning.

Officials ruled the death accidental. On Tuesday, KY3 reported that the hunter was Curtis Powelson, a U.S. Marine stationed Fort Leonard Wood.

It’s interesting to note that this sinkhole occurred near the New Madrid fault. I have a chapter dedicated to the New Madrid later, but this is a region of the country that stretches from the lower Mississippi River region all the way up to southern Illinois and at one time was considered very inactive, but in recent years the seismic activity along the New Madrid has picked up. There have been a lot of events taking place throughout this area from sinkholes, animal die-offs (Beebe, AR blackbirds), sonic booms and earthquake tremors to make one wonder just how much crustal movement is occurring underneath our feet.

Another sinkhole that garnered widespread attention occurred along the New Madrid just weeks after the Seffner, FL sinkhole where a golfer fell into a deep hole on an Illinois course and he sustained a fractured shoulder. He was golfing with three friends when he noticed a depression in the ground and stepped on it, the ground gave way and he fell 17 feet down into a hole only a couple of feet wide. His friends wondered where he had disappeared to until moments later they heard him hollering for help. Emergency crews had to come and rescue the man.

Officials claim that many of these sinkholes are the result of recent rains, such as in the case of the Missouri hunter sinkhole. They said rains hit the area about three weeks prior to his death. They can blame it on the rain, but how do they explain that sinkholes at the current frequency and intensity are a new phenomenon. Yes, sinkholes have happened before, but nothing like we are observing today, so, how do you explain that we’ve always dealt with heavy rains as well and yet, no sinkholes, well, not on this scale anyhow. I know I’ve argued that there is also more rain right now because of the atmospheric moisture, but nonetheless, it doesn’t change the fact that there have been plenty of times in history when certain areas were deluged and yet, sinkholes of this magnitude were unheard of.

Florida may be the sinkhole capital of the United States, but China is the sinkhole country of the world. One city in China, Lianyuan, suffered 20 sinkholes in a five-month period where houses collapsed and rivers disappeared. Residents were treading lightly in their village afraid of where the next sinkhole might have opened up. According to local authorities, these sinkholes were the result of coal mines in the area, but in actuality, they had no idea why these monster sink holes were opening up. And conveniently, the sinkhole epidemic plagues this nation at the same time that world wide headlines were popping up about sinkholes.

Other headlines included the Orlando, FL resort that started trembling, giving the residents time to escape, before it collapsed into the earth. There was the pizza restaurant in Florida that also collapsed, and the church that had to close down because the building started sinking. Of course, there was the large sinkhole that opened up in a Chicago neighborhood swallowing up three cars.

I could drag on for hundreds of pages about these sinkholes because they are so vast. There are literally a dozen new sinkholes every day opening up in some city or country side around the world that gains media attention because of its nuisance to the public. These are the ones we know about, but imagine how many sinkholes we don’t know about.
Sinkholes were the first signs of the geological upheaval taking place across our planet. Soon to follow would be many other land subsidence events. Here are a series of news headlines over one week in February of 2014 about different land subsidence events that occurred world wide.

Woman and her dog fall into sinkhole behind her Portland home
KGW.com, Feb. 19, 2014
By Cornelius Swart
Crews rescued a woman and a dog trapped in a deep sinkhole in Southeast Portland on Tuesday night.

Fire fighters said the woman fell into a sinkhole about three and a half feet wide and 20 feet deep at 2723 SE 38th Avenue.
At approximately 7:15 p.m. a man taking a walk heard a woman screaming for help. He followed her cries and discovered her underground in a backyard, according to crews.

The woman, about 30 years old, had been looking for her dog in her backyard when she fell in.

A heavy rescue unit arrived and pulled the woman and her dog, a poodle mix, from the hole.

Continued...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This next story is very disconcerting because it involved the super volcano known as Yellowstone. Officials were tracking some major earth deformation that took place at Yellowstone, such as the formation of a circular pattern from some small ground changes. A 3.5 inch uplift was tracked from a GPS station there in one section of the park. The same ground had moved in a southerly direction about a centimeter and a half. This was tracked over a five-month period. During this period, other events ensued in the same area. Combined, they formed a large circle, like the round mouth of a volcano.
Scientists said this land deformation episode was consistent with an underground build up or minor pressurization about five miles deep near Norris Junction.

And what really worried the scientists was that Yellowstone started emitting helium-4 gases from below. This is a precursor to other volcanic eruptions, such as El Hierro volcano in the Canary Islands. That volcano had some groaning and rumbling sounds for seven months as the gas built up and seeped through the soil and sediment, and then finally erupted with a large plume.

All these events are things that were observed at other volcanoes just before eruption, for instance, elevation of the ground, development of new cracks, earthquake swarms, and the presence of helium-4 coming out of the surface. A week prior to this report about the helium-4 gas, one of the largest earthquakes in the United States for that week erupted near the park which was evidence of magma movement below the crust.

If Yellowstone were to erupt, which hasn’t happened in 640,000 years, it would be one of the worst disasters we’ve ever witnessed, destroying everything up to 500 miles away, creating an ash cloud that would cover 2/3rd of the United States and cooling the entire planet within a month. It would be earth-changing.

Here is a story from the Los Angeles Times about the helium-4 gas releasing.

It’s up, up and away for ancient trapped helium at Yellowstone
Los Angeles Times, Feb. 19, 2014
By Monte Morin
Talk about passing gas: Vast stores of helium are escaping from the steam vents and hot springs of Yellowstone National Park after being trapped within Earth's crust for up to 2 billion years, according to new research.

In a study published Wednesday in the journal Nature, researchers with the U.S. Geological Survey determined that the famed national park was releasing hundreds -- if not thousands -- of times more helium than anticipated.

In fact, researchers say, the escaping helium -- about 60 tons per year -- is enough to fill one Goodyear blimp every week.

The experts believe the gas began emitting roughly 2 million years ago with a volcanic eruption.

"That might seem like a really, really long time to people, but in the geologic time scale, the volcanism is a recent phenomenon," said study coauthor Bill Evans, a research chemist at the USGS office in Menlo Park, Calif.

The study said that helium-4 is produced in the Earth’s crust as uranium and thorium decay. Groundwater eventually sweeps away this nonradioactive crustal helium, or its released as a result of tectonic movement. In the case of Yellowstone, there is no groundwater or movement to free the helium-4 and so it builds up, becoming trapped.

"The Yellowstone crust is among the oldest on Earth, and for most of its history had been part of the tectonically moribund core of North America," said lead study author Jacob Lowenstern, a research geologist and scientist-in-charge of the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory. He said that things changed 2 million years ago when magma triggered several enormous volcanic eruptions, the most recent about 640,000 years ago.

"Think of it this way: You have these old crustal rocks just sitting around for hundreds of millions, perhaps billions of years," Evans said. "They have this boring little existence, and then suddenly somebody puts the heat on under them and they start giving up all their long-held secrets."

The LA Times article said that there were thousands of times more helium releasing than previously thought. Although, officials downplay this and say that it has been happening for two million years, that is quite a bit of helium-4 gas releasing and they didn’t know before?

So what do we know about current Yellowstone activity; the ground is rising and moving southeastward in a large circular pattern like the mouth of a volcano; helium gases suddenly appeared and when these gases have appeared at other volcanoes there was usually an eruption; and also prior to eruptions, earthquakes usually appear, which Yellowstone has had recent swarms as well as a 3.6 just outside the Yellowstone crater.

On Feb. 22, headlines were being made across the world in regards to sinkholes. The UK had been hit by relentless torrential rains over the previous couple of months resulting in sinkholes opening up all over the islands, including Ireland. One woman was in critical condition in Morriston after she drove her car into a massive sinkhole. A massive 30-foot deep hole opened up in Ireland swallowing up an entire yard causing the family to panic. There were five major sinkholes that opened up in the UK in just a few days that received nationwide news coverage. The experts also warned the residents of the country to expect multifarious sinkholes appearing all over the place.

On the same day, headlines came out about the continued sinkholes popping up all over the United States. One headline included a woman in Long Island, NY who came home from work and as she pulled into her driveway a sinkhole opened up and swallowed the front of her car. The entire car went nose first into the 15-foot hole and only the rear tires hung up on the edges of the hole above ground. The woman said she was terrified as she believed she would be swallowed up entirely.

On the same day a car crashed into a sinkhole in Nashville, TN and a sinkhole opened up below a parked car in a mall parking lot in Boston, MA. Also, a large sinkhole swallowed up a families swing set as their backyard collapsed in Pine Hills, FL. This was definitely a busy day for sinkholes around the world. Another one that made headlines was when a garbage truck crashed into a sinkhole in Philadelphia.

Torrential rains hit the European nation of Croatia and caused a major land crack, which resulted in serious damage to a farm near the village of Racari. The land slipped ten feet and in some parts as much as five meters. The depth of the cracks was more than a meter. The villagers reported that the cracks happened overnight. One of the oldest villagers said in a news story from Istramet.com, February 22, 2014, that he couldn’t remember such a case. The owner of the damaged farm, Dario Matkovic, said he cried in anguish at the sight of the deep cracks and ravine. Dario said that he was missing his most productive half of the arable land.

In this next story, one of the largest landslides on record, and the worst in the world since 2010 happened in Alaska when 68 million tons of land was displaced. The sediment slid almost five miles.

Continued...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
NASA satellite detects massive landslide in southeastern Alaska; displacement of 68 million tons
EarthObservatory.nasa.gov, Feb. 24, 2014
Using imagery from the Landsat 8 satellite, scientists have confirmed that a large landslide occurred in southeastern Alaska on February 16, 2014. Preliminary estimates suggest the landslide on the flanks of Mount La Perouse involved 68 million metric tons (75 million short tons) of material, which would make it the largest known landslide on Earth since 2010.
The Operational Land Imager on Landsat 8 acquired this image on February 23, 2014. The avalanche debris appears light brown compared to the snow-covered surroundings. The sediment slid in a southeasterly direction, stretching across 7.4 kilometers (4.6 miles) and mixing with ice and snow in the process. The slide was triggered by the collapse of a near-vertical mountain face at an elevation of 2,800 meters (9,200 feet), according to Columbia University seismologist Colin Stark.

Stark first became aware that a landslide may have occurred when a rapid detection tool that sifts through data collected by global earthquake monitoring network picked up a signal indicative of a fairly significant event. The earthquake sensors detect seismic waves—vibrations that radiate through Earth’s crust because of sudden movements of rock, ice, magma, or debris.

A large crack appeared in the Wanapum Dam in Grant County, Washington state in early March, 2014. The crack was 65-feet long and two inches thick. Authorities tried to reassure residents that there was nothing to be concerned about while they lowered the water level to get a better grasp of the situation while at the same time, they issued a higher alert that warns people to evacuate, the dam may give way. They said that if it did, it would result in a 25-foot high wave racing down the riverside causing series damages and threatening any life in its way. A town about 8 miles down river was put on alert.

What’s really terrifying about these cracks, buckles, slips and slides and sinkholes is that they don’t discriminate. They may appear anywhere at any time no matter what the circumstance, and this includes underneath the earth below nuclear power plants and where waste sites exist. If the earth deformation, gas fires and explosions and rogue gas plumes and natural disasters aren’t enough, our future may be in crisis as we deal with major radiation leaks that may endanger civilization.

This may have happened already. Further down river from the Wanapum Dam there lie the Hanford nuclear waste tanks which curiously enough, were experiencing some construction flaws the same day the crack in the dam story came out. The Hanford site is about 20 miles down river. They were struggling with leaky radiation and if the dam gave way, the water that would invade the waste tank site could lead to a catastrophic situation.

There are also some strange birth defects occurring in this area at a far higher rate than the rest of the nation, so these leaks have probably been going on for quite some time. The recent construction flaws highlighted in the story below could be from the same land subsidence event that may have caused the crack in the dam. This area has also experienced some small tremors.

Construction flaws found in six Hanford nuclear waste tanks
Russia Today, March 1, 2014
“Significant construction flaws” have been found in at least 6 of the 28 double shelled radioactive waste storage tanks at the Hanford nuclear waste complex in Washington State, which may lead to additional leaks, documents obtained by the AP say.

After one of the 28 huge underground double shelled tanks was found to be leaking in 2012, subsequent surveys performed for the US Department of Energy by one of its Hanford contractors found that at least six of the other tanks shared the same defects, according to the documents. A further 13 tanks may also be compromised, the inspectors found.

“It is time for the Department (of Energy) to stop hiding the ball and pretending that the situation at Hanford is being effectively managed," Senator Ron Wyden, D-Ore, who until recently was chairman of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee, wrote Friday in a letter to Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz.

According to him, the six double-walled tanks which have construction flaws similar to those at the leaking tank contain about 5 million gallons of radioactive wastes.

The senator said that the citizens living along the Columbia River deserve to know the full story of the leaks at Hanford.

The article above says Hanford is located on the Columbia River in Washington State near the border with Oregon and contains 53 million gallons of high-level nuclear waste from the production of plutonium for the US nuclear weapons program. It was built during World War Two as part of the Manhattan Project to build the nuclear bomb. There are some 177 underground storage tanks on the site, many of which date back to World War Two. These are single skinned and many have already leaked. The 28 double walled tanks were built as replacement between the 1960’s and 1980’s.

Over and over again America’s infrastructure is blamed for all of these accidents, but I ask the same thing repeatedly, why now? Why is the infrastructure all failing right now, at the same time? It doesn’t make sense. Something is pushing the infrastructure into collapse and that’s the crustal shifting causing the geological changes. We are seeing infrastructure collapse in everything from railroad tracks with recent train derailments, water mains causing sinkholes, the electrical grid with transformer explosions and power line fires, and now it’s taking the rap for the cracked Hanford tanks and Wanapum Dam.

Since we’re on the subject of land cracks here is a major land crack that formed in October of 2010 in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The land just split open and remained a mystery ever since.

In March of 2012, the infamous Clintonville Booms were heard for four straight nights. Why do I mention that now? The land crack in Birch Creek, MI pictured on the next page extends in a peculiar direction right towards Clintonville, WI.

Just two days after the Clintonville Booms started on March 18, the city of Montello, WI reported hearing booms one night very similar to the Clintonville episode. If you look at the Google map on the next page, it will show the southwesterly direction of the lineal progression of these booms and the land crack. But wait, it gets better. On April 1, just 11 days later, the city of Baraboo, WI had many residents report hearing loud booms that were preceded by light flashes. Once again, Baraboo continues on that southwesterly direction from the original land crack in Michigan.

Is this evidence that the earth is tearing? The booms could be the result of gas explosions coming up out of the fractures of the earth. The report from Baraboo said that light flashes were observed which would signify an explosion.

Continued...

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Take a look at the Google map where the locations of these incidents are marked. You can see the possible line of where the earth may have been tearing, but more importantly, take a look at the Green Bay and how it comes down into Wisconsin from Lake Michigan in that same southwesterly direction. Then, take a look into Wisconsin to how Lake Winnebago extends further along that southwesterly line from Green Bay. It also matches up to what could have been an ancient tearing of the land, a separation as the earth was forming into what we know today. Notice the other smaller lakes further south from the southern tip of Lake Winnebago. It’s very interesting to say the least.

The earth’s crust is tearing and ripping apart below our feet. This isn’t the same as earthquakes when plate’s rub against each other, but it’s very similar. In this case, the crust away from the plates is actually tearing causing these cracks, sinkholes, booms and humming noises.

What is transpiring? Pipeline explosions, train derailments, hydroelectric dam cracks, underground storage collapses, land cracks, sinkholes, landslides, land deformation, water main breaks, building implosions, bridge collapses, loud thunderous booms, trumpet sounding vibration noises, hums, rivers disappearing, re-emerging islands, small tremors and dormant volcanoes awakening. Earth crust shifting could be causation for these phenomenon, including the roaming plumes of methane and hydrogen sulfide gases that are causing explosions, fires, and even death because when the land fractures below, these gases are most likely escaping into the atmosphere.

As of March 1, 2014, there hadn’t been a magnitude 7 earthquake in 95 days on the planet which is unusual. According to the USGS, there are 15 quakes above magnitude 7 annually. That’s a little more than at least one event per month, but it had now been over three months. Even more intriguing was the fact that there hadn’t been a magnitude 8 quake in over 280 days as of March 1. There is usually on average 1.5 magnitude 8 quakes per year. So, 280 days is a pretty long gap. At the same time, there has been a visible increase in smaller tremors and swarms of earthquakes under 4.5, and quakes appearing in unusual places.

I believe that this may be due to the fact there is no pressure on the plate boundaries because the plates themselves are ripping and tearing apart and moving together as in earth crust displacement. Large quakes are caused when the tectonic plates rub against each other or slip underneath one another, but if the plates are shifting together and the tearing is happening away from the plate boundaries, you’d experience smaller quakes and tremors along with the other phenomenon I listed above, and there would be less pressure on the plate boundaries, thus, less larger earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The thing that infuriates me, is that the police call off rescues, and give up, and that they stop you from doing it.

I WOULD CONTINUE TILL HE BE FOUND.

The reason he couldn't be rescued may be because he was unconscious or dead already but the search doesnt stop.
edit on 21-3-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The earth is always changing and moving, sometimes it's noticeable, sometimes it's not.

Mexico is riddled with the largest sinkholes in the world, and sustained an entire empire with fresh water. Now that area of the world hasn't seen a 'new' large sinkhole in hundreds of years.
You can cherry pick all you want about earths growing pains but the bottom line is, it's normal, and natural.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Thank you so much for that informative post. We are doomed. I live on 2 miles high of basalt and 600 miles w of Yellowstone. I know of some caves. But I think I will have a party and kiss my butt goodbye.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Good read. I know a lot of this stuff already but it was nice to see it all in one place. It is better than looking at twenty articles on the subject.

posted on Mar, 21 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
The earth is always changing and moving, sometimes it's noticeable, sometimes it's not.

Mexico is riddled with the largest sinkholes in the world, and sustained an entire empire with fresh water. Now that area of the world hasn't seen a 'new' large sinkhole in hundreds of years.
You can cherry pick all you want about earths growing pains but the bottom line is, it's normal, and natural.

The methane gas levels in our atmosphere we see today haven't been seen in 400,000 years.

posted on Mar, 23 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: strongfp

The methane gas levels in our atmosphere we see today haven't been seen in 400,000 years.

But it has been recorded before, which means it can happen again.

new topics

top topics

join