It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Co-founder of Greenpeace: Why I am a Climate Change Skeptic

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The amount of energy necessary to refute BullS#!t is an order of magnitude larger than it takes to produce it.

So brace yourself the Gish Gallop is coming.

posted on Mar, 27 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheFlesh1980
I find it interesting that the writer of the article is Dr. Patrick Moore, a co-founder of Greenpeace and a known environmentalist with legitimate credentials.

Patrick Moore, Ph.D., has been a leader in international environmentalism for more than 40 years. He cofounded Greenpeace and currently serves as chair of Allow Golden Rice. Moore received the 2014 Speaks Truth to Power Award at the Ninth International Conference on Climate Change, July 8, in Las Vegas.

I find it interesting that he seems to be in the business of talking out of his arse...

Monsanto Lobbyist Says Herbicide Safe To Drink, Then Runs Away When Offered SomeThis is not very good PR for agricultural company Monsanto.

While being filmed by French cable channel Canal+, Monsanto lobbyist Dr. Patrick Moore claimed that the chemical in the company's Roundup weed killer is safe for humans to consume and "won't hurt you."

He then refused to drink it when offered a glass by the interviewing journalist. Link

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Never have I posted ANY false information... Time and again it has been you who don't seem to even understand the topic you are trying to discuss.

The residence time of water is no real issue, more so when the water cycle is constantly changing.

Not to mention the fact that it has been proven that CO2 does not have a residence atmospheric time of 100 years like it has been claimed, including by the IPCC.

The lifetime of CO2 in the atmosphere is 5 years.

Then there is the fact, again that water vapor in the Earth's Troposphere, the atmospheric layer in which all surface weather affects the surface of the Earth WATER VAPOR constitutes for 95%-97% if not more of the greenhouse effect.

“I want to comment that the way-dominant greenhouse gas in the atmosphere is not mentioned, namely water vapor,” writes Ken Saunders of Pacific Palisades. “Water vapor accounts for about 97 percent of the total (natural plus man-emitted) greenhouse warming of the planet. See, e.g., John Houghton's ‘The Physics of Atmospheres, 3rd edition,’ Cambridge University Press, 2002.”

This is true, water vapor is the major player in the greenhouse effect and is often omitted from reports and reporting about global warming -– mostly because it is more of a symptom than a cause in global climate change, and cannot be easily mitigated.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

As the Earth warms, it's atmosphere can contain more water vapor, which warms it more, and the more it warms the atmosphere again can contain more water vapor, causing a positive feedback effect which was started by the natural processes that began warming the planet in the 1600s.

edit on 8-4-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well as the Hadley climate unit emails revealed they were
fudging the data, and the person who did the hack was
an insider I'd say trusting proven liars is a bad idea.

Climate gate round 2

I also realize the oilfield ppl lie about a myriad of things
as well.

I also realize the coral reefs dying is a real issue, but it may
be linked to giant trash vortexes bigger then texas made of
plastic emitting endocrine disrupting BPA.

At this point the only thing I am certain of there is alot of
lying going on from the people with the big budgets on
both sides of any argument.

I think our best bet for a myriad of reasons is to scale up
biological hydrogen production and help the guy with
fuel cell made from sand "bloom box" get it in the new
Honda Hydrogen car.

The oil age can end if biological hydrogen takes its place.

I'd like to see a bio solar panel that grows hydrogen.

Biological hydrogen production

Honda fuel cell car

Bloom box - fuel cell made from sand

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

Interesting. So, did you mention the fact that the Patrick Moore PhD who used to work at Greenpeace, is a "well paid" communications consultant for the nuclear and fossil fuel energy industries? Don't tell me that he's still masquerading as a Green Peace leader. Anyone who flips for wealth is incredulous. His opinion isn't even worth a mention in this discussion.

Let's be clear, it's the Petroleum industry that denies climate change and they're paying lobbyists and think tanks to oppose the data that supports climate change. Anyone who studies the data will have now doubt, regardless of wishful thinking or personal bias. I've not seen any opposing argument that indicates the data is wrong.

edit on 7-6-2015 by Gianfar because: Corrections

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well... There has been no ice age, no global warming, no climate change, no peak oil, no china syndrome, no functioning electric car, no success in flying electric planes, no electricity produced from solar panels, no profitable windmills. What should one think? It's a hoax!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join