It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
In one of them - Deputy Assistant to the President for National Security USA Caroline Atkinson and Senator John McCain
According to "Izvestia", blacklisted by foreign nationals who may be denied entry to Russia, include more than 200 people.
Most of them - politicians, officials and anti-Russian public figures of the EU countries, constitute part of the list also US citizens. The Russian Foreign Ministry on specific figures behind lists declined to comment, but did not rule out that the list can be "extended mirror" if new sanctions against the Russians. As explained "Izvestia" a source close to the presidential administration, the Russian embassy has been instructed to draw up lists Russophobic minded foreigners with assets in Russia.
According to "Izvestia" a source close to the Russian Foreign Ministry, the list of foreign nationals who may be denied entry into the Russian Federation, the largest mirrors similar blacklists European Union and NATO. First place in the number of such citizens held by the US - more than 60 people. Of the most influential figures in it were the Deputy Assistant to the President for National Security USA Caroline Atkinson, Assistant US President Daniel Pfeiffer and Benjamin Rhodes, the leader of the majority in the US Congress, Harry Reid, Speaker of the US House of Representatives John Beyner, chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs, Robert Menendez, Senators Mary Landrieu, John McCain, Daniel Coates. In addition, in this list are US citizens trapped in the black list of the Russian Federation is still on the response to the "Magnitsky Act" (the first was adopted in December 2012, extended in January 2013 . - "News"). They include politicians, prosecutors, judges, military, intelligence agencies and representatives of the former officials involved in human rights violations.
In other countries the number of citizens who can not get to Russia, ranging from an average of 10 to 20 people.
For example, in Canada under the sanctions were 13 leading politicians. Among them, Adviser to the Prime Minister on Foreign and Defense Policy, Christine Hogan, chief of staff to Prime Minister Wayne Wouters, deputy head of the Prime Minister Jean-Francois Tremblay, Speaker of the House of Commons of the Parliament Andrew Scheer, the leader of the Conservative Party in the House of Commons of the Parliament Peter van Lohan. In addition, the head of the committees of both chambers of parliament's Foreign Affairs and Dean Reynel Andreychuk Ellinson, members of the House of Commons Paul Dewar, Irwin Cotler, Ted Opitz, Christy Freeland, James Bezan and president of the Canadian Ukrainian Congress Paul Grod.
In the sanctions list of the Russian Federation and 15 were citizens of Hungary. According to "Izvestia" a source close to the Russian Foreign Ministry, among them politicians, officials and public figures, openly advocating Russophobe views, including a former Prime Minister of Hungary. As noted in the department, now most of the lists is closed and is not given publicity, learn that a citizen of a country was in the list, you can at any Russian Embassy.
It is possible that in future lists will be expanded. According to "Izvestia" source close to the presidential administration, the last time the government and the presidential administration took several meetings on sanctions. The result was an indication of the Russian Foreign Ministry embassies in countries that have imposed sanctions against the Russian Federation, compile lists of citizens on active anti-Russian policy, as well as having assets in Russia.
- We have shown little desire to play these games with the West prohibitive. But if they continue aktivnichat in sanctions, we bring to bear new black lists, which prepared the diplomatic mission, - said a senior source.
- Today, sanctions lists the West and Russia are comparable. These lists are also (as in the case of Russians) included a number of politicians and MPs. They they have already felt, - said the head of which is under the sanction of the Duma Committee for International Affairs Alexei Pushkov, citing the recent situation in the European Parliament, when European deputies complained that it was not allowed in Russia (in early March in Russia do not were able to get the head of the Polish Senate Bogdan Brusevich and MEP from Latvia Sandra Kalniete, who were going to come to the funeral of Boris Nemtsov).
According to Alexei Pushkov, when he reminded MEPs that Russia is not the first start this practice, they did not know what to answer him.
- I believe that until now it was time to include blacklists of Western businessmen. This pernicious practice because businessmen are doing business and, as a rule, is not responsible for the actions of their political states. If they want to invest and work in Russia, creating new jobs, then they should not be obstacles, - said the MP.
According to Alexei Pushkov, there is no need to expand existing black lists.
- While talking about new sanctions against Russia is not, we do not need to follow the path of expansion of these lists. After all, any action to declare sanctions, of course, will be another blow to relations between Russia and European countries. Such shocks applied already. As in the Ukraine was a pause, which we hope will end the world, and here I would like to hand took a break in the sanctions measures, and then give them up, - he explained.
His colleague, was also under sanctions, deputy chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs of the State Duma Leonid Kalashnikov considers that many European countries have realized the fallacy of sanctions policy also looking for contacts with the Russian Federation. This position is shown seven EU countries - Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Spain, Austria, Hungary and Slovakia, recently opposed the extension of sanctions against Russia.
- These lists are not necessary neither the West nor Russia. Russian policy, which they included in the list, there were never any property, money or bills. The sole purpose of these sanctions must have been close to us the opportunity to speak at international parliamentary exchanges. But if the West preaches freedom of speech as one of the fundamental freedoms, why did he muzzle politicians? - Does not understand the parliamentarian.
In foreign embassies to comment on "News" sanctions policy as the countries they represent, and Russia refused.
Head of the Civil Society Fund Konstantin Kostin compared the policy of personal sanctions "diplomatic dance", which will be continued or stopped depending on who initiates it.
- This measure is ineffective and does not contribute to the strengthening of relations. On the other hand, any great power, conducting foreign policy, closely monitors such things and can not be left without response, - says Konstantin Kostin.
According to him, it is important that the part of the Russian administration of personal sanctions against foreign nationals was a reprisal, as the Russians called for negotiations, search for new approaches and build relationships rather than sanctions.
Russian policy, which they included in the list, there were never any property, money or bills.