It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: North Korean Leaders Son Assassination Attempt Foiled.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Kim Jong-nam, the eldest son of North Korean Leader Kim Jong-il was targeted for assassination during a trip to Austria last month. The plot was foiled when the Austrian Intelligence Agency placed Kim Jong-nam under close security, and notified the North Korean ambassador in Austria. The plot is alleged to have been instigated by factions in North Korea who favour another of Kim Jong-il' sons as his successor.

www.news.com.au
Citing a source familiar with North Korean affairs, Yonhap said the failed plot had been planned by North Koreans favouring other of Kim Jong-il's sons as his eventual successor.

�Kim ran into an attempt to assassinate him during his visit to Europe in mid-November, but the Austrian intelligence agency had received a tip in advance and protected him,� the source was quoted as saying. �The attempt was made by anti-Kim (Jong-nam) groups in North Korea.�

South Korea's National Intelligence Service could not confirm the report but said Seoul's government was checking it.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Given the secrecy of the North Korean regime, i would of assumed that it would be easier to assassinate Kim Jong-nam within North Korea. Now that this news has been released worldwide, it only fuels speculation of an internal power stuggle within the North Korean regime.

Related News Links:
english.yna.co.kr

[edit on 19-12-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Shucks!... Looks like someone had the right idea in Austria! I did not know that KimJong-il had the brains to breed. I feel bad because I underestimated him. Sounds like he does more than listen to Elvis records and drinking Scotch afterall!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Its possible his younger half brother Kim Jong-chul (22) might have been involved in this assassination.
Heres a link to this evil first family;

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Im not surprised at all. The Kim family makes Saddam's seem like a Leave it to Beaver remake. They are just plane nuts:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join