It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what would you save and why?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

I'd call my GF and she would be here in 20 minutes and the blast would catch us in bed.
You could call it assisted suicide, I suppose.

My four scattered adult kids would be on their own, out of my ability of help.

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Survival Bug-out-bags would be #1.

But if not set up: To start off reach for the barter valuables-never know what you need and or trade later on. Such as; clean water/ water purifying system/s and containers, weapons, ammo, food-non perishables, emergency items-first aid kits, blankets, jackets-depending on time of year, clothing, hygiene products, Jewelry,electronic based things that may(depending on situation) be able to be used, etc.

Can't forget chocolate(recall that from a survival thread topic
), booze and other

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I would put all my silver and gold Proof and commemorative coins swiftly into the container I keep them in, as well as my bladed weapons into the duffle bag that I keep which fits the all and then haul ass. After the ash clears I can use my weapons/guns and coin to trade or take whatever I need. Books and all that we can just find wherever we go. Most books end up in a fire after the collapse of a civi anyways as it is an easy and plentiful way to keep warm. Everything electronic i wont even be bothered to think about.

Pets = food at that point. Only bigger dogs and horses will be of use as a domesticated pet.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My axe, compound bow, katana, my stash of bic lighters. For protection, building and hunting.

posted on Mar, 17 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

I'd take my bug out bag as the number 1 item. It comes with the basics of the basics (including a dagger, various tools, and other items that would be of use were I camping).

I'd also take several of my crystals, on the standpoint that they don't add much weght and they have sentimental value to me.

My cat I would set free, and if it can keep up with me, then so be it.

The last item that I would bring is whichever of my trumpets I favor the most. Why? First and foremost, I'd essentially become a "bard", in that now, I actually have an option to barter that isn't really taxing on me (will play for food). In the worst case scenario, I can sell the instrument off, or use it as a weapon. It's as much a part of me as I am of it, so it's coming along for the journey.

-fossilera

top topics

<< 1   >>

join