It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN The Two Marys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
The Two Marys
CNN Presents looks at two women at the heart of Christianity -- Mary, the mother of Jesus, and Mary Magdalene, the most misunderstood and controversial of his disciples. This show reveals the historical reality of these two main archetypes of Christian womanhood, and examines how they are being reimagined today.

Airs Saturday, December 18, 8 p.m.

I think this has to do with the same idea that Dan Brown has made so popular in "The DaVinci Code" among other things. Might be interesting. Just wanted to let you know it would be on if you are interested in this sort of thing.

Thanks,
Kata.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
It was good, but tame. It's CNN after all.

I knew most of that about Magdelene so some things on the "Virgin" Mary were more interesting to me.

I did not know she gave birth at 13 or was already engaged to Joseph. *cough*

Though I had previously heard she most likely didn't travel to give birth or traveled only to nearby Bethel (not Bethlehem) as Jewish lore demanded the gospels be written (for marketing purposes).

For tons more on The Magdelene, National Geographic channel is showing Da Vinci Code: The Whole Story this week. It's quite long. Hours. And quite good.

I've never been more convinced that if there was any divinity to Jesus at all, the church most definitely got it all wrong. Mostly on purpose. Good marketing. Bad religion.

Martin Luther was on the right track with reformations, but it's been soooo perverted with bad politics since then. I'm seriously disgusted with it all lately. Can't even bring myself to argue with the "true believers."

But good special.

join