It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermuda Triangle And Atlantis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think Herodotus simply choose to word it like we do today. No one says the "The North Atlantic Ocean". We just say "The Atlantic".

Regardless, nothing of that indicate anything about the actual island of Atlantis.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by merka]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
As far as no-one hearing any stories about the Bermuda Triangle other than from those making a profit goes, I remember in my teens asking my father about it. He had crossed it many times as a merchant seaman. He wasn't given to exageration, nor to listening to ghost stories or fables, but he said that on a rough sea, as you entered the triangle it would be eerily calm, and everyone on board would be on edge until they left.

I've no reason to disbelieve him.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
No idea about what happens to planes when t
hey fly over it though...

The same thing the gas goes into the atmosphere and kills prop and jet engines

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hi this post it thing sucks! it is usless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:

LOSERS!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Just so all can work on the same page in the same area as the bimini road a scientist who teaches at a southern cali college found an underwater pyramid as he was diving after a recent hurricane. He found an opening and went through and to make a long story short he found a large golden rod and beneath it was a crystal ball. He was able to get the crystal ball and did some research on it. The crystal is not like any that we know of today as far as its creation. The way it was formed researchers and technology today cannot duplicate. As far as its capabilities what we do know is it emits an immense magnetic field which can bend metal. The technology that was used to make the crystal ball happens to be the same technology as that in which was used to create the crystal skulls that have been popping up around the world.
THis is all fact and already been proven on paper.
To further the point researchers have found certain points within the bermuda triangle that have and very strong intense magnetic field that is simply too strong to be a natural effect.
With this said it directly coincides with the theories of atlantis. They have found metal containers in which the metal cannot be determined and other artifacts which cannot be explained by today science there we have items that are above our technology and understanding that were created thousands of years ago. Kind of makes you wonder if we are all who we think we are. In other words look at our civilization now and we even argue as to whether or not something smarter and better might even exist or have exist......mankinds arrogance is the only thing holding us all back.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Greaaaaat stuff...from a fiction point of view!

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
fiction? this is simply fact. It has been documented and been in documentaries. the crystal ball is as a university in i believe san diego. I guess the crystal skulls are all a hoax. I guess all the scientists that studied its creation cannot explain how it could have been done either then or today were all lying. With no arguement by the way about the properties of the crystal ball or the skulls. They are what they are and cannot be explained away with todays technology so it makes it harder to comprehend that someone did it thousand of years ago. If you call it fiction then you simply dont understand life. Look at the possibilites compared to what we know and dont know. We know the earth has been around billions of years. We know space is infinite. we know that this planet has had many life changes, i mean think about going from dinosaurs to humans is a huge step. With this said to sit and say its not true something greater has ever existed here or even exists tosay elsewhere in the universe is complete ignorance of the possibilites of nature. If this is fiction then we wouldnt be here either. It drives me nuts that a human mind can think that we are the only so called intelligent life and now is when we have been the smartest in history. The way i see it the smartest people were the ones who respected the land they walked on and their way of life could have lasted forever. Look at what we have now in todays world then multiply it all by ten and we all know none of ud would be existing. These people were the native americans and sonsidered savage but i never seen them kill off an entire species just for fur.
You never seen them say wow look at that majestic animal im gonna go kill the whole flock of american eagles so i can put them on my wall cause they look cool. What i am saying is this kind of ignorance is a plague.....if we as humans and all did our jobs we would work with what we know is to be a possibility instead of deny that something greater can be accomplished. In other words instead of saying this is all possible now lets try to understnad it it becomes an arguement for centuries as to whether or not it existed when the fact is it is doesnt matter. If people could put their heads together on what we know to be fact things could get accomplished but when we sit and argue about somtehing that the universe has proven to be without a doubt highly possible it just takes up useless time. The way i see it to even argue over things like this shows a level of de-civilization cause their was at least a time in history where they argued the extent of the possibilities not whether the possibility were there. Those were the times of plato, socrates, and so on.

Look if one was to tell you today without any proof that huge flesh eating beasts with short from arms and they stood 30 feet tall you would say "pffffffft bullcrap"(t-rex). At this point you have denied yourself of your imagination, the understanding of nature and to be blunt, what is fact. If someone was to tell me that they found a beast on mars fossilized that was 40 feet long had 4 wings three buttholes and half an eye i would say "its a possibility". Given that everyday new creations are found that astound scientists one can say the possibilities are like time......endless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join