posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 03:26 AM
Web Help Needed
I started developing my own web site due to the unethical conduct of 2 different web developers, which cost me and arm and then a leg. I do not use
any web developing program and basically just mastered html and css3 and started touching php but would like to ask some questions (not for someone to
do my work) because I’m stuck with two problems that I hopefully can solve on my own. Anyone prepared to help a beginner or to direct me to the
answers? I use Notepad++ and will start with my database (MySQL) once my pages are complete (and then more questions).
What route must I follow to make a massif drop down list?
1) If I do it in the normal way it’s just to long to be reasonable? If I sub categorize I will still have 50+ items in 3 coulombs. It cannot sub
divide any more because the names are unique.
2) If I use the select/submit option, how do I do the links and/or bypass the submit button?
3) Mhtm to html and css looks messy with a lot of seemingly unneeded coding in the s and body> tags.
4) I haven’t looked at java scrip and try to stay clear of it, but will if it is the only route.
Users will be able to upload a pre-sized thumbnail that will be displayed. However to prevent favoritism I would like the thumbnails to rotate. 8
thumbnails can fit in 1 row and it will even be better if the rows can rotate. I downloaded some free programs/code that claims to do that, but this
beginner doesn’t even know what he’s looking at, never mind implementing it. Any pointers?
Other general questions:
1) What is the take on ATS using the “include” function in php, which really make my html/php documents look very neat, against the fragmentation
problems I read it is likely to cause on the server side?
2) I saved all my validated html files with php extensions and do not have a problem running them on my local Wamp server. Any foreseeable problems
on an external server?