It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musically Vent for our Entertainment Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
No matter what genre you listen to their is something with certain artists and musicians that does not sit well with you. This also includes recording quality, musicianship, producer, and the way they were marketed.

This can also include the investigation into deaths and disappearances aswell as why they quit and or walked away.

Band member feuds, feuds with certain record companies and between 2 totally different factions.

In here you can vent and let us know what you think about it and what you think they should have done better.

This is also your opportunity to market your likes in whatever genre!!!

SELL US

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: metalholic

The real Paul ( lefty ) is dead!
Paul Gray... he was the writer on guitar. Not just bass.

I'm mad that Megadeth went through great musicians ... but grateful they're still around.

I hate that I'm the old creepy guy going to see.... the old creepy guys at Van Halen , Yngwie Malmsteen , Vai.... Satch!..

Yet some days you'll catch me at the intersection Blasting the Miami Vice sound track. ( 38 songs, original scores from THE 80's TV SHOW NOT MOVIE..)
Or you might have caught me listening to Michael Jackson, Stevie Wanderer Pharrel or Madonna.... or even BT.

BUT THE ONE THAT GETS ME EVERYTIME.. EVERYTIME!!!!!!! I WALK INTO A BESTBUY AND ASK THE KIND LITTLE LADY.....
WHERE CAN I FIND JOURNEY....
Her... What's a Journey?
I SO WANT TO GO EYE OF THE TIGER ON HER BUTT!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmmhahhhhhhhh....... I'm going to watch some "1980's The Young Ones" Very Metal...

Oh... not that kind of rant....

OK then... my biggest beef is a personal one..

Axle Rose... and drugs across the board in the industry..
Years ago. I was a young Medic. Guns and Roses was set to headline. The venue was Lawler Event Center in Reno NV. Axle apparently kept refusing to go on till the whole arena was brought up to the temperature of his likings...( he was notorious for crack and meth. ) ( sue me.. I knew because I saw )
This resulted in some 30+ incidents in which I had to give emergency care and a crap ton of paperwork.... this also cost in fines because the venue requires the place be cleared no later than 10 pm..... the 3 hour show started just after 9pm....
And guess where that money gets cut first... you guessed it.. public safety...

That's my story..
edit on 13-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

Don't get me wrong.. I don't care if ya do the drugs.. but if you are clocking in for work like me.. show up on time and ready.
Also I listen to Anthrax/SOD to fall asleep...
Goodnight ATS!

edit on 14-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Anything Puscifer

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The Eminem Show vs The Carnival of Carnage

Warning
Warning
Warning

Conspiracy ahead!

Oh this is ATS!

I'm not going to write a whole big block of text here I'm just going to get right into it because as a music fan and have a broad spectrum of music artists that I respect and listen to even if it is one song because i'm waiting on someone else to sell me the rest personally.

They were both from Detroit they were both struggling. They both needed to make a big splash. And they both needed heavy marketing aswell as heavy media attention that included a conspiracy.

What better way then to have both Detroit groups feud and get recognition not only through musical talent but through keeping the populace buying both up just to see who is going to lyrically destroy who.

And lyrically destroy who means everyone in the world points to one side and go they won.

Sorry Marshall Mathers fans and let me remind you I'am one.

Please don't hate me - ICP

It takes the cake!

edit on 14-3-2015 by metalholic because: POOP

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The production quality of Metallica's ...And Justice for All really pisses me off. It's one of those "How the hell did you let this go to market with your names on it?" type thing.

Great songs. S# production. Some focus on the apparent lack of bass guitar in the mix, but... ever listened to the cymbals?

It's atrocious. Bothered me since my formative years.

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Weird... I'm just about to tap the Garage Days .... I'm caught between master of puppets and justice for all.. but I still want anthrax... ( the band people read a book.. not CDC.. )...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

That's exactly how I feel about it and to be honest for some reason I never keyed in on it at all for that album until someone pointed out to me and here is why I have a very logical reason.

Most all albums are a little different to symbolize growth and change with the band so you don't get an AC/DC paradigm. Where it feels like 3 albums are the whole show. Not true but it does exist.

So ...And justice for all, for me was the different finger print and grungy dirty recording production. It sounds heavy it sounds dirty and it is not clean. But masterfully done.

Honestly that recording production was a major failure. I guess that's why Black Album sounds so goooooood!
edit on 14-3-2015 by metalholic because: POOP

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

So basically your saying that Puscifer absolutely sucks?!?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Gave you a star... but I hated the black! It was the true death...

Look man I had Sabbath on 8 track...

I'm 41..

I should have had a cassette... and I re-mastered those ... so many magnates...... ..

You know what pi##es me off!,...

IS THAT THE ORIGINAL IS NOT BEING HEARD !!
Try duke nuk'em ..
Gamers.. I love them.. I'm one..
Yep had an ATARI.... ( the one made of wood and copper wire )

But.. nerds like all of us figured out.... charge it to their phone...

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

NO! A##holes with 20 producers...
Clean it up.. the content is there..
You don't need apple or Microsoft to charge you for it!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Speaking of Gothic Sunday!!!

I absolutely hate how Tony Martin was done! Headless Cross is forever truly the only thing he ever done with Sabbath. I mean from top to bottom from the first second to the last seconds of the album it is a master piece.

But it's nothing you ever hear about. It's not on the radio it's almost as if everyday Black Sabbath fans who only know Paranoid and Iron Man. Will never see this other side of Sabbath and awaken to another side of vocals they are depriving their ears of.

Lyrically vocally I think Tony martin absolutely rocked Headless Cross.

Anything after is completely half A** and Diluted!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Yep.. the cross roads.. lol.. we've all.. we will get there...
Good tune btw..

Damn..

I gotta ask.. my ozzy tune was Killer of Giants..
Was this yours?

Plot twist..

Let's face it.. music then was written by the bands..

Not the producers/executives...

edit on 14-3-2015 by Bigburgh because: major nerdo conflicto!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Also.. nice pull .. get me off the beginning of this or my rant.. to what bugs me!
Who writes their own stuff anymore?

Insert here.. swear to god...
I got grounded for listening to Testament.... but now my mom and dad ask for tickets to Trans Siberian ... Alex ..you all know the show...

Good thread OP! :-)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I really don't like the marketing for the band Zandelle. i think they could have been pushed a little better then they were.

The truth is the production and musicianship from top to bottom is great. No one knows them is the problem.

And I wanna know why!

top topics

join