It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery radio waves from deep space captured LIVE, sender unknown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Could this be ET the signal we have all been waiting for. I love it when the scientists sometimes dont have an answer just makes the mystery all the more wonderous.

An unknown radio signal, which may have come from a black hole, colliding neutron stars (or – for those who β€˜believe’ – alien life), has been picked up by astronomers live for the first time ever. Its origins remain mysterious.

The fast radio bursts are quick, bright flashes of radio waves that last only milliseconds, but still emit as much energy as the sun in an entire day. This is the first time that these radio waves have been spotted live. The first burst was picked up in 2007 by sifting through old data at the Parkes Radio Telescope in Eastern Australia. Only seven others have been seen since then.

This time, the mysterious waves were picked with the use of 12 telescopes in Australia, Chile, Germany, Hawaii, India, California and the Canary Islands.

rt.com...

edit on 12/3/15 by EnigmaAgent because: extra text

Sydney Morning Herald: Australian scientist first to catch mysterious alien radio signals

edit on 12-3-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: Added link originating source.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is worth keeping an eye on. πŸ‘€

Thanks, nice find. S+F

πŸ‘£

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The invasion will start shortly.

My boomsticks are at the ready.

Lets do this!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Nice..now the wait begins...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Could it be a pulsar? I know they rotate very fast but I dont they spin in milliseconds. Maybe some of the space experts on here can shed some light.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's so sexy to blame anything to aliens, most of the people can't resist.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

only milliseconds, but still emit as much energy as the sun in an entire day

Does not sound like an alien transmission to me. More like an explosion of some sort.

Not that i don't believe in aliens. Way to much out there not to.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Actually, this was already posted last month:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent
Could it be a pulsar? I know they rotate very fast but I dont they spin in milliseconds. Maybe some of the space experts on here can shed some light.
You don't need to be a space expert, just search "pulsar" on wikipedia:

Neutron stars are very dense, and have short, regular rotational periods. This produces a very precise interval between pulses that range from roughly milliseconds to seconds for an individual pulsar.
So yes they can do milliseconds.

The OP article even mentions neutron stars:

The theories are now that the radio wave burst might be linked to a very compact type of object – such as neutron stars ....

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This is very interesting,
Going to flag for future reading

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Instructions from the governing body of the universe sent in a code only certain intelligences can interpret correctly.

Or just some flashing lights created by who knows what.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
From the link,

The radio signals originated up to 5.5 billion light-years away, from outside our Milky Way Galaxy and that they were caught by astronomers possibly up to a decade after they happened.

So i dont think anyone is coming , they wouldve been here already.

5.5 Billion light years away? Thats a fair distance

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

This one perked Me up! Let's hope it pans out to be something REAL!! I mean it is real, but well, You know what I mean!! LOL!!!
Nice One! Thanx for the Share!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

This one perked Me up! Let's hope it pans out to be something REAL!! I mean it is real, but well, You know what I mean!! LOL!!!
Nice One! Thanx for the Share!!!

Something natural and something that was previously unknown about nature is "real" enough to many researchers who find it very exciting to learn new things about our understanding of nature and the universe.

Sure -- finding an alien message would be an awe-inspiring event, but even if it isn't a signal from intelligent ETs does not make it any less real or exciting in the eyes of the people trying to understand what it is, and understand how our universe works.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I fully understand and agree there! I do however always entertain the hopes of finding an intelligent source of these transmissions! In the sense not intelligent Nature, but others... You know! LOL!! Thanx for the reply too! Have a Great Day!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Oh my. Such a lovely title on RT's part, meant to entice the reader to stop and pay attention, so kudos to them for drama. However, in making the jump from a tree in the forest making a noise to one where there is actually a living sender is nothing short of National Inquirer type of tactics. No wonder scientists shake their heads.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
SnF!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
RT of all sources?

No space affiliated sources ? Lol.

Interesting though, how do we read such signals, and tell which way they came from?

Keeping an eye on this

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
DO WE EVEN KNOW IF SATELLITE DATA OF EVEN THE SUN EMITTING A X5.5 FLARE OR CME would EVEN be made PUBLIC...........KNOWING HOW PEOPLE LIE.............HASNT ANYONE CHECKED THE SATELLITE FEEDS as TO WHETHER NOT THESE signals OR PULSES would ever BE MADE PUBLIC...........KNOWING HOW MUCH FAMILY MEMBERS CAN LIE,,LAWYERS CAN LIE

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
OMG!!!!!!!!!

edit on 3/12/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join