It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shrine of Flesh Production.

page: 1

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The shrine were the first flesh of humanity was understood to have been produced in Northern Mesopotamian tradition was at the City of Nibru (Nippur) at the place Dur-an-ki, the bond between Earth the Heavens and the Underworld, in the shrine Uzu-mu-a which literally translates as "flesh producer"

When the destinies had been fixed for all that had been engendered, when An had engendered the year of abundance, when humans broke through earth’s surface like plants…

Enlil, to make the seed of the kalam sprout from the beneath the Earth, to separate heaven from earth, he hastened, to make light shine in Uzu-mu-a he bound the pillar of Heaven and earth in Dur-an-ki.

He worked with the Pick axe, the light of the sun came out, he fixed its task: the work of hoeing.

The site of the early Dynastic shrine has been excavated and stands within the Inanna Temple complex that stood before the E-kur ziggurat pf En-lil, overall and surprisingly nobody has apparantly ever noticed this it is shaped in the form of a plow, with the Uzu-mu-a at it's heart, were the plow is also the primary symbol of Ninurta, son of Enlil.

The Lord chose the pickax and fixed its destiny,crowned it with a floral crown , a pure crown.

In order to create the first man in Uzu-mu-a with the pickax, he put the first of mankind in the mold.

Before Enlil, the people of the kalam broke through the surface of the earth.

He looked with favor on his black-headed people.
The Anunna gods came rushing to him,
In reverence brought their hands to their mouth,

In breaking through the Earth at that point creating connectivity to the Underworld, and allowing the light to shine into the hole from above, the creation of humanity according to the farming tradition was facilitated, and they sprang forth from the hole like plants.

The myth does still incorporate the tradition of humanity being produced from clay and fashioned in the manner of bricks to create a progressive construction that can be understood as the development of mankind.

Here, “where the flesh sprouts,” he set this very *hoe to work:
he had it place the first model of mankind in the brickmold.

And according to this model his *people started to break through the soil towards Enlil, and he looked approvingly at his “blackheaded people.”

Now the Anuna–gods stepped up to him: they wanted to demand the “black headed people” from him.

The lady who once upon a time had given birth to the ruler, who had given birth to the king, Nin-men-a now set the human reproduction going.

The reason that Dur-an-ki was set within the Inanna Temple complex despite En-lil being the prime instigator in this tradition is that as can be seen above what was first initiated was continued through reproduction and as the Goddess of sexuality that was her area of concern, in the Inanna hymn to the Queen of Nippur she is given the title "Malqat Uzu-mu-a", the flesh producing Queen as it were.

The Great Foundation ki-ur-gal-emade herself resplendent, her body flowered joyousl, vast Earth adorned her body with precious metal and lapis-lazuli.

She adorned herself with diorite, chalcedony, carnelian and elmeshu, Heaven clothed the plants in beauty, stood by their majesty.

Pure Earth made herself verdant in a clean place for pure An, high Heaven, consummated marriage with vast Earth.

He implanted the seed of the heroes Tree and Reed in her womb
.Earth, the good cow, received the good seed of An.
Earth gave herself to the happy birth of the plants of life.

The Sumerians were very flexible in their symbolism and would readily conceive of humanity in terms of bricks in the one instance and the next be establishing comparison with the Tree and Plant of Life, what issued forth from the hole created by Enlil was in essence the plant of life.

So there we are, the hole that we all crawled out of...

The Plow cries out to the Hoe, “I, I am Plow, I was fashioned by the great powers, assembled by noblest hands!

I am the mighty registrar of the god Enlil!

I am the faithful farmer of Mankind!"

Inanna Temple Nippur

Clay sealings from Inanna Temple Nippur
edit on Kam33170vAmerica/ChicagoThursday1231 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Yet another great read thank you.

Having lost interest in the genesis version of creation Iwhen I realised it was cobbled from other civilisations myths and beliefs I own to even enjoying Tolkein's creation version as it was particularly beautiful.

The creation stories of different cultures are fascinating and something you have given me the urge to read through. I am particularly intereted in the Red Indian creation stories so look like I have a world to explore creationwise.

I enjoyed reading Sitchin but concur with the idea that he had his own interpretation of the tablets which he put forward,; however I must thank him for getting interested in creation. The big bang stuff is impersonal and I like the after the world was created and man, plants, animals etc came along.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

You might find this article interesting which considers how much Genesis owes to this Northern Mesopotamian tradition.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I did not write this but it is one of my keeper files: Some interesting thoughts if considered.

1. The Garden of Eden if it existed was in Iraq .
2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!
3. Noah built the ark in Iraq ... if there was an ark
4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq ..
5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq ...
6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq ...
7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq .
8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq ...
9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel .
10. Amos cried out in Iraq ..
11 Babylon , which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem ..
12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq .
13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery Furnace!).
14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the 'writing on the wall' in Iraq .
15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq
16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq ....
17. The wise men were from Iraq ...
18. Peter preached in Iraq ..
19. The 'Empire of Man' described in Revelation is called Babylon --which was a city in Iraq.
And you have probably seen this one: Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible.

But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq !
However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.
The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia ... The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris And Euphrates Rivers
The name Iraq means country with deep roots.Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.
No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated with it than Iraq ..

By the time foreign interest and ISIS get finished with the country maybe only the history will be left..?

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

No i'm sure all that can be taken care of, they simply provide the justification for doing so, in recent weeks they've managed to vandalize the cultic site of Ninurta at Nimrud and Nergal at Hatra, just about the two worst Sumerian Deities to cross.

With regards to your list of course biblical tradition owes a great deal to Mesopotamia and it's various regional creation myths, the Divine couple of the plains of the Edin and the apple tree, the pastoralists mythos, the first couple representations of Dilmun and the tree of Life tradition from there, but they do also take into account this Northern tradition of sowing and reaping in general terms.

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Personall I think the creation from clay or bricks is a rather beautiful metaphor. We can use bricks to build any shape and mold clay into any form; a testament to the diversity of mankind.

I suppose since we create with bricks there's no reason the gods wouldn't create us with bricks!

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Sure the Sumerians had no issues with seeing themselves as all in all just another brick in the wall, i wonder how that tradition with quite natural associations of also relating to organic growth and the basics of life Earth and water, drying out in the sun and air, compares to the Masonic tradition of being cut from lifeless stone to become an acceptable Ashlar block within the Temple of the righteous?

edit on Kam33170vAmerica/ChicagoThursday1231 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

overall and surprisingly nobody has apparantly ever noticed this it is shaped in the form of a plow, with the Uzu-mu-a at it's heart, were the plow is also the primary symbol of Ninurta, son of Enlil.

Nice thread and wonderful information! Myself, being a modern, non-farming, city guy, would have totally failed to recognize the symbolic representation of the plow in the site's layout; great find!

edit on 3/12/15 by Sahabi because: Possessive Apostrophe

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Of course the first City guys were very much dependent on farming, but there was also close association between agricultural implements and weapons of war, which is why farmer Ninurta could so readily transform into hero warrior Ninurta.

Q

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Most interesting thread.

I just wanted to point out the similarities in creating a form from clay and giving it life to the Jewish Golem mythos.

In Jewish folklore, a golem (/ˈɡoʊləm/ GOH-ləm; Hebrew: גולם‎) is an animated anthropomorphic being, magically created entirely from inanimate matter. The word was used to mean an amorphous, unformed material (usually out of stone and clay) in Psalms and medieval writing. The most famous golem narrative involves Judah Loew ben Bezalel, the late-16th-century rabbi of Prague. There are many tales differing on how the golem was brought to life and afterwards controlled.

All in all, it's not that far of a jump. Could be that the Jewish Golem-makers learned a bit of the Sumerian secret?

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
In the lengthy disputation between the Hoe and the Plow it is seen that the Hoe was also used in making bricks, I press clay, I make bricks; I lay foundations, I build houses;, it also seems the case that there would have been a shrine in the form of a hoe in the Enlil E-kur complex, and that it had primacy over the plow complex, At Enlil’s place, I precede you! In Enlil’s temple, I stand in front of you!. an explanatory basis for the dispute.

In the song of the Hoe it can be seen that the Hoe was not only considered instrumental in creating the first living humans but that it can also raise them from the dead;

Here, in 'Where Flesh Came Forth' , he set this very hoe to work; he had it place the first model of mankind in the brick mold. His Land started to break through the soil towards Enlil

As for the grave: the hoe buries people, but dead people are also brought up from the ground by the hoe

Clearly a Hoe could be used to dig a grave and there was also the usage of the Hoe to send people into it;

Ninurta, has introduced working with the hoe into the rebel lands. He subdues any city that does not obey its lord. Towards heaven he roars like a storm, earthwards he strikes like a dragon

But i also wonder if resurrection in this tradition was expected to follow after the primary archetype of breaking through a connection between Earth and the Underworld and the dead emerging forth back into the world, it would make sense of sorts, in Astral terms the place of emergence from the underworld was at Antares in Scorpio represented by Pabilsag, generally just an astral equivalent of Ninurta with shades of Nergal thrown in with regards to Underworld passage.

In Pabilsag's journey to Nibru he returns to the shrine of his birth in Nibru and on the way marries the Lady of Isin, who also is the astral equivalent of the Goddess Bau consort of Ninurta, and represented by Sirius, in effect that story just celebrates this astral arrangement and layer of complexity.

a reply to: Q

That's an interesting thought, perhaps it involved no more than mind control, molding man to do one's bidding, drawing upon the archetype that man was molded to act according to the will of the Gods, Enlil in particular and his association with destiny, but you've got me thinking there so thanks...
edit on Kam33171vAmerica/ChicagoFriday1331 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I don't think there's any evidence for 13 and 18.

Jesus wasn't born when yet when they were thrown into the first. That story was written in BC times before Christianity and where did that article get iit's information that Peter preached in Iraq?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I don't think there's any evidence for 13 and 18.

Peace be with you my brother. Perhaps I can help shed some light on the issue.

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the Fiery Furnace!).

In the Book of Daniel, King Nebuchadnezzar ordered Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego to be thrown into the furnace for refusing to denounce the God of Israel. While the three were in the fire, a fourth person appeared. Some say that the fourth was Jesus, while others say it was an angel.

He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a Son of God (lebar elahin).”

Daniel 3:25

There was a fourth seen with them in the fire, whose form, in Nebuchadnezzar’s judgment, was like the Son of God; he appeared as a divine person, a messenger from heaven, not as a servant, but as a son. Like an angel (so some); and angels are called sons of God, Job 38:7. In the apocryphal narrative of this story it is said, The angel of the Lord came down into the furnace; and Nebuchadnezzar here says (Dan. 3:28), God sent his angel and delivered them; and it was an angel that shut the lions’ mouths when Daniel was in the den, Dan. 6:22.

But some think it was the eternal Son of God, the angel of the covenant, and not a created angel. He appeared often in our nature before he assumed it in his incarnation, and never more seasonable, nor to give a more proper indication and presage of his great errand into the world in the fulness of time, than now, when, to deliver his chosen out of the fire, he came and walked with them in the fire.

- Matthew Henry's Commentary

3:25 a son of the gods. How Nebuchadnezzar recognized the fourth person in the furnace as a divine being is not explained. Perhaps the miraculous appearance was itself sufficient reason for the conclusion.

- Reformation Bible

18. Peter preached in Iraq ..

Some scholars and researchers say that 1 Peter 5:13 suggests that the Epistle was written in Babylon, while others speculate that "Babylon" is a code-reference to "Rome".

"She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark."

1 Peter 5:13

Observe, 1. Peter, being at Babylon in Assyria, when he wrote this epistle (whither he travelled, as the apostle of the circumcision, to visit that church, which was the chief of the dispersion), sends the salutation of that church to the other churches to whom he wrote (1 Pet. 5:13), telling them that God had elected or chosen the Christians at Babylon out of the world, to be his church, and to partake of eternal salvation through Christ Jesus, together with them and all other faithful Christians.

- Matthew Henry's Commentary

V 12–14: CLOSING CONCERN Peter shows his concern for individuals in highlighting Sylvanus and Mark along with ‘the church in Babylon’ (perhaps a code word for Rome).

- The Bible Panorama

5:13 She . . . at Babylon. Probably a reference to the church in Rome

- Reformation Study Bible

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Jesus wasn't born when yet when they were thrown into the first. That story was written in BC times before Christianity

According to the Book of John, Jesus has existed before Abraham and was with God in the beginning.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

John 1:1-5

Your father Abraham rejoiced at the thought of seeing my day; he saw it and was glad.”

“You are not yet fifty years old,” they said to him, “and you have seen Abraham!”

“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

John 8:56-58

Some also equate Jesus with Melchizedek.

Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High (El Elyon), and he blessed Abram, saying;

“Blessed be Abram by God Most High (El Elyon), Creator of Heaven and Earth. And praise be to God Most High (El Elyon), who delivered your enemies into your hand.”

Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.

Genesis 14:18-20

This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High (Theos Hypsistos). He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him, and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, the name Melchizedek means “king of righteousness”; then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.” Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God (Huio Theos), he remains a priest forever.
And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life. For it is declared:

“You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.”

The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:

“The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind: ‘You are a priest forever.’”

Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better covenant.

Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

Such a high priest truly meets our need—one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. For the law appoints as high priests men in all their weakness; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

Hebrews 7

new topics

top topics

join