It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Authorization of Military Force Against ISIL Terrorists: What You Need to Know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The AUMF is happening now and I am impressed.

John Kerry was good.
Bob Corker was good.
Ashton Carter was good.

Code pink was embarrassing but, got to say their peace and make their statement.

I can’t help it, I am a statist when it comes to our military on this topic. Gen. Martin Dempsey is being very frank about ISIS. I don’t know what to think about Ukraine, maybe I will learn something.

This has been a very encouraging and enormously reassuring hearing so far. I get the distinct impression that we are witnessing a sea change.

C-SPAN Live

Authorization for the Use of Military Force Request

White House Blog - The Authorization of Military Force Against ISIL Terrorists: What You Need to Know

edit on 11-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

It was only a matter of time until Military would propose action that politicians are side stepping.

These people (Military) are born and bred to deal with global danger...
Why would they want to stand idly by, while a group of Nazi proportions make their way across such a massive region with an end game reminiscent of Ghengis Khan's???

They wouldn't.

Do you put a fire out when it's only the curtains that are engulfed?
Or do you wait until your entire house in up in flames?

Simple, really!

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Dog and pony show to get Obama off the hook for not keeping another promise - you remember the one where he said he wouldn't do what he criticized Bush for - going into another nation with our military to force regime change? This is poor theater at best.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Simple, really!

Depends on how many bodies I am trying to hide.....

On topic....it would seem that many are recognizing that there needs to be something done before this DOES snowball. While the factions may be small, relative to most forces, they are destroying history in their wake. That needs to be stopped for the good of all future generations.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

The Authorization of Military Force Against ISIL Terrorists: What You Need to Know

Thanks for the mind meld, but thats already going on. Any "request" to do whats already being done is misdirect.

The government giving themselves permission to take down nations, lol.

The overthrow of Syria (then Iran) and continued domination of the ME is the goal.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Dog and pony show to get Obama off the hook for not keeping another promise - you remember the one where he said he wouldn't do what he criticized Bush for - going into another nation with our military to force regime change? This is poor theater at best.

I could be making unreasonable assumptions but, this seems to be on the level. I was pleased to discover that Ashton Carter is not a lawyer.

"Only Nixon could go to China"

-Spock

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Simple, really!

Depends on how many bodies I am trying to hide.....

On topic....it would seem that many are recognizing that there needs to be something done before this DOES snowball. While the factions may be small, relative to most forces, they are destroying history in their wake. That needs to be stopped for the good of all future generations.

Yes, I stopped short of calling it a universal political agreement for obvious reasons.

Rand Paul points out that it has continuations of 911 authorizations.

The language is vague and the declared intent is to avoid attempts to enumerate the scope or adhere to any meaningful limit.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp
The AUMF is happening now and I am impressed.

John Kerry was good.
Bob Corker was good.
Ashton Carter was good.

Code pink was embarrassing but, got to say their peace and make their statement.

I can’t help it, I am a statist when it comes to our military on this topic. Gen. Martin Dempsey is being very frank about ISIS. I don’t know what to think about Ukraine, maybe I will learn something.

This has been a very encouraging and enormously reassuring hearing so far. I get the distinct impression that we are witnessing a sea change.

C-SPAN Live

Authorization for the Use of Military Force Request

White House Blog - The Authorization of Military Force Against ISIL Terrorists: What You Need to Know

So...you're a "statist" when it comes to use of the military? That means you'll be signing up to go fight ISIS?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yes. Am I to understand that you don't think we should engage the Islamic State with military force?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I have some serious doubts about the US engaging ISIS with military force. I listened to a very learned panel discuss the history and background of ISIS and the upshot of the "crisis" with ISIS is that its another religious war that goes back to the time of a question of succession of Mohammed. It's Sunni v. Shiite. And Iraq's gov't is "Shiite" and their aided by Iran.

So...I don't see an upside to the US getting involved in this. And the longer this drags out and the more are killed, the overall better things just might be for the world that is neither Sunni nor Shiite.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I think that is the point though.

I believe our strategy has been to facilitate indirectly or directly the restoration of the caliphate and the inevitable necessary subjugation of one or the other faction.

No will believe that they are a legitimate threat until that happens if history is any guide.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Or you don't topple Iraq and allow vermin like ISIS to rise. Saddam sucked, yea, but he kept the region in check. I'm sure contractors are salvating as we speak.

top topics

join