It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IG Audit: 6.5 Million People With Active Social Security Numbers Are 112 or Older

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

(CNSNews.com) - Many people are living longer, but not to age 112 or beyond -- except in the records of the Social Security Administration.

The SSA's inspector general has identified 6.5 million number-holders age 112 -- or older -- for whom no death date has been entered in the main electronic file, called Numident.

The audit, dated March 4, 2015, concluded that SSA lacks the controls necessary to annote death information on the records of number-holders who exceed "maximum reasonable life expectancies."

IG Audit: 6.5 Million People With Active Social Security Numbers Are 112 or Older

WOW... So I just read this and I am speechless, not only do politicians want to take away SS, a lot of them think it is a gift they are giving to seniors and should be taken away anyways.. I say just delete all of those accounts as the oldest person alive right now is 114 and I don't think she is a U.S. citizen...Unless those sneaky politicians are using these SS #'s for dead votes....? Thoughts??

Sen. Tom Carper (D-Del.), the committee's ranking member, called the findings a "major problem" that wastes taxpayers' money, exposes citizens to identity theft and undermines confidence in government:

Ya think???? So this has been going on since ,what? the early 60's now. I find it hard to believe that this Social Security administration could be this laxed in something that is obviously and important issue, especially these days.

"It is simply unacceptable that our nation’s database of Social Security numbers of supposedly living people includes more than six and a half million people who are older than 112 years of age, with a few thousand having birth dates from before the Civil War. Preventing agency errors by keeping track of who has died is a relatively simple problem that the government should pursue as a high priority."

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here's some of the juicy points:

Some of the numbers assigned to long-dead people were used fraudulently to open bank accounts.

And thousands of those numbers apparently were used by illegal immigrants to apply for work:

"During Calendar Years 2008 through 2011, SSA received 4,024 E-Verify inquiries using the SSNs of 3,873 numberholders born before June 16, 1901," the report said. "These inquiries indicate individuals' attempts to use the SSNs to apply for work."

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

guess this means the US death toll are not accurate ! and have prob not been since 1901.....

edit on 9-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

And of course none of these could be used in this fashion:

IRS Sent $46,378,040 in Refunds to 23,994 ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens at 1 Atlanta Address

Nah, couldn't be...

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's one way to hide the fact that they are trying to reduce the population and it is working right. Add the numbers of immigrants and it still will be a stable number and people will not realize they are messing with us so we can't reproduce anymore. Allow adoptions from other countries to boost the numbers too.

Why do they have to allow more people in though, can't they boost the fake SS people even more to make it look better? At least we will have more jobs for our people.

I wonder how many completely fake claims are out there. Someone disappears and someone assumes their identity and collects their social security. I actually think this has been going on for a real long time.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Well Obama must be on list a few times.

And what one of the guys social, he is using is what, 95.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Come to South Africa and you will be stunned by the percentage ratio to population regarding pension fraud.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Despite what anyone tells you, the SSN system is an absolute mess. As a final project once I wrote a program that was able to recreate roughly 10 million valid SSN's attached to the correct names, all you would need for identity theft. The only upside of the system, is that this can't be done to people born after a certain date, I think 1994. Everything else is just some simple pattern matching, and hitting on people who live close to where they were born.

Given a year rather than a couple weeks for a class project one could recreate probably 60% of SSN's.out there. Among those would of course be the ones lacking death dates.

Basically, the number system is logical and mostly predictable which is great for providing numbers in an orderly fashion but it creates a massive security flaw when the goal is for the number to be secret so that only you can use it.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Wow not sure I'd live to be that old. Wounder who they voted for?

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Vampires.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: baddmove
... I find it hard to believe that this Social Security administration could be this laxed in something that is obviously and important issue, especially these days. ...

Yeah, a gov't agency being completely incompetent and untrustworthy? Whodathunkit, right? I mean, I just can't believe that an arm of the United States gov't would be so lax, would be wasting taxpayers money and doing a half-assed job at anything.

Just couldn't imagine it. Seriously.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I just read this, and I had to blink to make sure I read it right.

Obviously, we don't have that many Americans that old. What we DO have, though, are increasing numbers of greedy relatives and rest homes demanding Guardianships:

www.nytimes.com...
NURSING HOMES DEMANDING "GUARDIANSHIP" RIGHTS FOR ELDERLY AS PAYMENT

www.mainstreet.com...
EVEN CARING CHILDREN CAN'T GET "GUARDIANSHIP" OF A PARENT, SINCE GREED IS ALWAYS SUSPECTED

So that headline should really read "6.5 Million Dead Citizens With Greedy "Others" Still Collecting Their SS Thru Guardianships."

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
One thing I always heard and it might be wrong not sure, is it was originally intended to only use social security # with social security. In other words everyone and their brother like banks etc asking for it for identity was not supposed to be allowed.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Our Immigration policies are really screwed up and need to start being enforced. Why does our country not deport illegal immigrants who end up getting arrested for DUI's?

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: nancyliedersdeaddog
Our Immigration policies are really screwed up and need to start being enforced. Why does our country not deport illegal immigrants who end up getting arrested for DUI's?

Well ICE does try to, but once they are let out most run. Since they had no real ID anyways the just move to the next state over and start over. The bad part is it all still cost money even when we have nothing to show for it. Sure it does not seem bad when you think of it on a one or two times. But it get really bad looking when it happens thousands of times.

The holding and processing method needs an overhaul. But we'll never see that happen as long as people can make money from it as it is now.

new topics

top topics

join