It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I so afraid???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hey everyone :::waves::: new here.

I have a serious question about my fears of aliens/UFOs.
Now, I'll first start off by stating that I have never encountered an alien being, but as many people have, I have seen UFOs in the sky and from a safe distance.
Throughout the years though, I have developed an extreme fear of aliens, to the point when somebody just says the word "alien" I'm terrified.
Now I'm wondering, where did such a fear come from? Is it possible the underlying cause of my extreme fear is from an abduction that took place and I was not aware of it, but is still in the back of my mind somewhere??

[edit on 18/12/04 by jeepin4x4girl]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It is possible you could have been abuducted. Have you ever had dreams of aliens that seemed life like? I my self have had a dream about a house full of greys when I was a kid but I prey that was just from watching bad alien movies.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Look at it this way, they have spindly limbs and big bobbling heads. Heads are a good target. I don't know, people have weird fears about weird things, not that yours is, and I'm not trying to cure you, just offer you some kind of 'hey if theres an alien kick it's butt' approach.
I was reading something about the melonheads (I want to follow this up) and it's kinda creepy/scary in a way. I don't scare easy. I watch horror movies and head into the basement for laundry with a flashlight, but some things just irk people. Maybe in a way it's just something you've become afraid of? Their shape, their methods, etc.... Ignore me, there's smarter people. I was scared of spiders and still am, just I know I can smash them.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Or It could be just beacause your overerly paranoid.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Wow, surprised at the fast responses! (I'm sitting here at my desk with every single light on in my room..scared as hell just talking about it...it's hard for me.)

It could be all the factors that you've described above. I especially like Th0r's explaination that it could possibly be just the simple fact that I'm overly paranoid....
As for dreaming about being abducted being the cause of this deep fear, I've never had that occur..and I certainly hope that never happens because if it did I would probably die in my sleep.
By the way, I'm a hardcore horror movie freak, I LOVE horror movies....I don't scare easily either...dawn of the dead, return of the living dead, dusk till dawn, all those cult classics...but when it comes to movies about aliens...eek...I'll lose sleep for months after seeing them. Signs really got to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
You could be overly paranoid. But then again, is your neighbour an alien sitting by the window every night, watching and waiting for the right moment to abduct you to the unknown and carry out uspeakable experiments on your mind and body ?

Perhaps, I could be an alien, waiting and watching this space for someone like you ?

But then again, yup, you're probably overly paranoid.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Because every one says aliens are evil, malevelint beings who only want to destroy us, growing up seeing it in the entertainment and people talking about them being evil might be, or it could be one of the reasons stated above.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
i had the same fear when i was young. From about 7 i think when i first found out about them, until i was about 14. But now i doesnt bothered me to much, though i wouldnt like to run into one

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Abduction is possible. However, fear passes with time, at least it should IMHO. I guess more understanding means less fear. There's nothing much you can do, unless you are willing to clear things out old fashioned way with baseball bat

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Maybe you should wish for better anaesthetics? Earth medicine can only withstand so many anal probes.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You could always go and see a pyschologist to help elaborate as to why you have these fears and possibly find a treatment. Your best bet is not to ask us members of ATS to explainsuch sensitive subjects.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
you could have had a bad nightmae of alien abduction or it could just be a fear of losing control. If the fear starts to affect your daily life then I would see someone. I have a deep fear of the ocean. I love it, but I have had reoccuring nightmares of standing on the shore and a wall of water moving right at me. I have had this nightmare from a young age and have no idea why. Just a deep fear of things we can't control I guess.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I can understand why a person would fear something which they have no control of. It makes perfect sense. We fear the unkown and disavow the fearfully obvious. It's human nature.

Luckily, you have no actual reason to be directly fearful of aliens. You have no memory of being ubducted, you are obviosuly still alive and in one peace, so you should be atleast receptive when it comes to extra-terrestrials. This is a good thing, at very least, you should be able to calm your fear by admitting to yourself that aliens don't seem to have presented themsleves to you as of yet.

In your case, as long as you don't recover any repressed memories (not suggesting you have any), truely the only thing you have to fear, is fear itself.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
there is alot to be afraid of now a days.but dont worry in 1 billion years nobody will be walking around this big blue ball.might be visited by another race.aliens ,space animals whatever you might want to call them. we might never get to meet them at all.the time they find our voyager satellite it will be like mars empty and dried up dust our planet earth.i dont think were really alone in the universe but somehow i think were not meant to go outside our planet and go visit the nearest galaxy full of new life im sure.our reasons to exsit here are plain and simiple.to live life to the fullest and exist as an emotional being.then go back to the gas particles that we once were.dont be afraid of your own exsitence and be open minded that we are not that interesting to aliens anyways.if there smart they stay away from us for we are but a speak of dust in the big scheme of things.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I agree with what has been said above. Especially that it is something which you have no control of.

But maybe it is the fact that they are the unknown. We do not entirely know everything about aliens and what we do know gets mixed with what we see in movies.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yeah, like has been stated, your just fearing the unknown here which you really shouldnt because their not mindless monsters. If their intelligent enough to develop technology to get here, im sure their intelligent enough to realise what would seem threatening to a person who had never seen an alien before, im sure they wouldnt 'rush' you or anything like that. As a result I dont buy into these malicious abduction stories one bit, if they were going to abduct, im sure they would ensure that the subject doesnt feel threatened in any shape or form.

EDIT:typo

[edit on 18-12-2004 by picard_is_actually_a_grey]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl
Wow, surprised at the fast responses! (I'm sitting here at my desk with every single light on in my room..scared as hell just talking about it...it's hard for me.)

It could be all the factors that you've described above. I especially like Th0r's explaination that it could possibly be just the simple fact that I'm overly paranoid....
As for dreaming about being abducted being the cause of this deep fear, I've never had that occur..and I certainly hope that never happens because if it did I would probably die in my sleep.
By the way, I'm a hardcore horror movie freak, I LOVE horror movies....I don't scare easily either...dawn of the dead, return of the living dead, dusk till dawn, all those cult classics...but when it comes to movies about aliens...eek...I'll lose sleep for months after seeing them. Signs really got to me.

I hope you will allow me to make a few simple observations.

You are haunted by a fear of aliens. This could be translated into you having a negative experience with fear.

You practice fear when watching horror movies, you love them.

Perhaps you should consider stopping to practice that which you have come not to like, fear. Fear is energy. It can make your body produce a lot of adrenalin, it's not strange that we get a rush from it.

Would your problem go away if you started getting your rush from a positive source? Positive things can give a rush too. I got a rush from watching the movie K-PAX, it made my hair stand out. I don't know what positive source could make your hair stand out, and perhaps you don't know either, but wouldn't this also be a journey?

If you are in pain from hitting yourself with the stick, loose the stick and stop hitting yourself with it.

Does it make sense?

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
You could always go and see a pyschologist to help elaborate as to why you have these fears and possibly find a treatment. Your best bet is not to ask us members of ATS to explainsuch sensitive subjects.

Or those of us who would like to help can, and those who does not or cannot, can read some other thread?

I think your question is very welcome.

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
iori_komei
cheeser

I think your posts show in a very good way why they are so slow in making us only see them in the sky, slowly giving us a chance to get used to them. When we are used to seeing them in the sky, and we realize we are still breathing, perhaps we will calm down.

Being afraid of the unknow is very human. After all, to this day, some are afraid of black people, chinese people, dogs, horses etc. Being afraid of a being from another civilisation is very understandable indeed. Even the brave have fear, but are not ruled by it.

In asking the other sex for a date, a kiss does it not ignite fear at first? and yet such lovely feelings afterwards?

Sincerly

Cade

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Dear 4X4 girl,

You have nothing to fear from aliens. Fear humans, they're the one's who murder, carjack, kidnap, assault, etc. etc. etc.

Aliens are non-violent, there is no record of any harm commited, and certainly with their amazing technology they could do whatever to us if they so chose.

<<   2 >>

join