It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Rand Paul “Largest Tax Cut in American History” (2016 game changer?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This could be a game changer in the 2016 elections.

“Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) raised expectations among conservatives in a speech to CPAC on Friday when he promised he will soon unveil a blockbuster new economic proposal.

“In the coming weeks, I will propose the largest tax cut in American history,” Paul said. “I propose we cut everyone’s taxes, from the richest to the poorest.”

Paul raised expectations even further when he claimed that his proposal “will also cut spending and balance the budget in just five years.”

If Paul can deliver on that promise, it may distinguish him in a very crowded field of 2016 Republican Presidential contenders that has seen Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) race to the top of recent polls, while former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-FL) continues to amass what may be as much as $100 million in a campaign war chest.

Paul continued to hit on his outsider theme in his speech.”

Read more – www.breitbart.com...

==

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Music to my ears. I lean Libertarian, but I am happy to entertain Rand Paul as an option on my ballot come 2016. Small government, less taxes, makes me very happy...will it happen? doubtful

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

GO RAND!!!

Tax cuts, YEP...Limit congress/judges terms, YEP....Salary cuts, YEP....Repeal Obamacare, YEP....Balance the budget in 5 years, YEP....Not only is this man talking the talk, but he said he has bills and plans to present on how this is to be done! Now this is the kind of talk/actions I like to hear/see from a presidential candidate! Let's get someone in office not named Clinton/Bush....The last 16 years (almost) have been atrocious thanks to Obama/Bush....We may just have a small chance to fix some of this mess....I am in Mr. Paul! Get some good pointers from Daddy also and you will be in good shape to make changes for the better!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chrisfishenstein

GO RAND!!!

Tax cuts, YEP...Limit congress/judges terms, YEP....Salary cuts, YEP....Repeal Obamacare, YEP....Balance the budget in 5 years, YEP....Not only is this man talking the talk, but he said he has bills and plans to present on how this is to be done! Now this is the kind of talk/actions I like to hear/see from a presidential candidate! Let's get someone in office not named Clinton/Bush....The last 16 years (almost) have been atrocious thanks to Obama/Bush....We may just have a small chance to fix some of this mess....I am in Mr. Paul! Get some good pointers from Daddy also and you will be in good shape to make changes for the better!!!

Electable? Nope.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Sounds like the bees knees. Just like perpetual motion and free energy.

I'm skeptical now, but if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Woohoo!

Just hearing it said out loud nowadays is comforting.
edit on 6-3-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Any such plan would require major cuts in the defense budget like the secret 55 billion bomber in development. I am all for that, but it simply will not happen because such a plan would really make him unelectable. The pushback from his own party would bury him and every defense contractor establishment out there would pour money into his oposition.

I am sure he can come up with a plan that would accomplish what he is saying he just will not get the who is who in who matters to buy it.
edit on 6-3-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Can't wait to see that plan. We all pay far too much in taxes as is. I'll reserve judgement on the plan until I actually see it of course, unlike some members of the Legislative Branch

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I wish I could believe this would change anything. I don't trust our elections enough any longer to believe it will though.

And I'm afraid that in the final analysis, this is just more divide-and-conquer. As long as we have to pay any income tax on our earned income, it will be a source of contention among the people about who "should" pay more or less or whatever, when NO ONE should be paying any income tax on their labor. Instead, take away the corporate welfare and put the burden on those fictional legal entities that are simply profit-generating machines.

Obviously, I want a complete overhaul of the tax code and the IRS... preferably a reform that eliminates the IRS altogether!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I wish I could believe this would change anything. I don't trust our elections enough any longer to believe it will though.

And I'm afraid that in the final analysis, this is just more divide-and-conquer. As long as we have to pay any income tax on our earned income, it will be a source of contention among the people about who "should" pay more or less or whatever, when NO ONE should be paying any income tax on their labor. Instead, take away the corporate welfare and put the burden on those fictional legal entities that are simply profit-generating machines.

Obviously, I want a complete overhaul of the tax code and the IRS... preferably a reform that eliminates the IRS altogether!

Yes, I wish he was proposing a repeal of the 16th amendment.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I'd find it easier to support Rand if he didn't side with the liberal wing of the GOP on immigration reform. Allowing tens of millions of illegals into the USA will destroy America and accelerate our demise towards 3rd world status in the middle class and below. We need a candidate who will exert as much energy protecting America's borders, language, and culture as they claim to exert protecting our economy.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
KANSAS is a shining example of what happens when you cut taxes and expect the rich to trickle down the economic boom to the middle classes.

The state is completely broke, they're introducing new fees for everything under the sun, are millions of dollars in the hole for deficit spending (Which is illegal for states, which by law, must have a balanced budget).

Reagan proved that when you cut taxes and spending, deficit spending goes out of control. Bush Jr also showed this to be true.

When Clinton raised taxes and cut spending, deficits, not surprisingly, dropped dramatically (and ended up as a surplus) and the Middle Classes prospered.

Lowering taxes across the board has been shown to never work. The richest Americans are already capped on their taxes anyway (and most of them are maxed out on their tax bill) so raising taxes on money over $1 million really won't make a bit of difference. People who don't understand why raising taxes on the rich doesn't matter need to read up on how the tax code works.

The only true answers are (A) get rid of income taxes completely and replace them with a flat, across the board sales tax, zero loopholes. You'd need a sales tax of about 15-18% to raise the revenue lost from income tax. A sales tax would ensure that the richest Americans paid their fare share. (b) You close all corporate loopholes and have corporations pay their fair share, but ONLY on money made in the USA. The idea of taxing American corporations on their worldwide profits is INSANE.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I wonder if he could be lying to us all...

Guess we will just have to elect him and find out huh?

It worked for barry, shoot it has worked for them all.
Lie about what you are gonna do, then don't do it in office.

edit on thFri, 06 Mar 2015 15:23:25 -0600America/Chicago320152580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The idea of taxing American corporations on their worldwide profits is INSANE.

How so?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Yes, I wish he was proposing a repeal of the 16th amendment.

Exactly!

That is the only real tax reform I'm interested in. They can keep their scraps. I want the whole shebang!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Does he have a model to show how cutting leads to prosperity? Can he name ONE time where it has happened?

The problem is the lopsided nature of the tax system, and the loopholes within. That's what needs to be addressed.
Infrastructure would still require the funding, and privatizing it all isn't the answer.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The only true answers are (A) get rid of income taxes completely...

That's a good start, but...

...and replace them with a flat, across the board sales tax, zero loopholes.

This is where I disagree. No sales tax either. Especially because it would unduly burden the youngest taxpayers with young families, who consume the most by necessity. Nor will that help a struggling economy if consumers are penalized for spending their hard earned cash.

You'd need a sales tax of about 15-18% to raise the revenue lost from income tax....

Much of that, if not all of that "lost" revenue, would be made up by eliminating corporate welfare... and whatever isn't, they don't need. That's how much they need to cut spending.

You close all corporate loopholes and have corporations pay their fair share, but ONLY on money made in the USA. The idea of taxing American corporations on their worldwide profits is INSANE.

I agree there. I've never understood the idea of taxing companies on dollars earned outside the country, especially assuming that they are paying taxes on those profits in those countries. It's not fair (or practical) to tax them double. If they're bring those monies back and spending them here, it's still a plus for our economy. At least I think it is!

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Well, cutting military bases round the globe, moderating military projects, limiting US of A involvement supporting foreign puppet governments, you can do that re directing funds to domestic issues but who will let him do that when USD is at stake?

Dream on, Ron, you would have my vote if I could.

Sad... cheers.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The only true answers are (A) get rid of income taxes completely...

That's a good start, but...

...and replace them with a flat, across the board sales tax, zero loopholes.

This is where I disagree. No sales tax either. Especially because it would unduly burden the youngest taxpayers with young families, who consume the most by necessity. Nor will that help a struggling economy if consumers are penalized for spending their hard earned cash.

You'd need a sales tax of about 15-18% to raise the revenue lost from income tax....

Much of that, if not all of that "lost" revenue, would be made up by eliminating corporate welfare... and whatever isn't, they don't need. That's how much they need to cut spending.

You close all corporate loopholes and have corporations pay their fair share, but ONLY on money made in the USA. The idea of taxing American corporations on their worldwide profits is INSANE.

I agree there. I've never understood the idea of taxing companies on dollars earned outside the country, especially assuming that they are paying taxes on those profits in those countries. It's not fair (or practical) to tax them double. If they're bring those monies back and spending them here, it's still a plus for our economy. At least I think it is!

I agree with all of this.

Repeal the 16th amendment and don't pass an amendment allowing a national sales tax, let the states try to make up the lost revenue so citizens can use the non-political mechanism of voting with their feet to force limits to taxation.

Repeal the 17th amendment to restore senators to being chosen by their state legislatures as it was meant to be to maintain the carefully planned balance of powers.

No welfare at all (corporate or otherwise) at the national level, let the states handle that too.

Close the loopholes and drop the corporate tax rate which is a major reason we are losing so many corporations and so few are choosing to incorporate here.

Let them repatriate their profits, don't force them all the way out by trying to confiscate their foreign capital returns.

Basically, follow the constitution.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Repeal the 16th amendment and don't pass an amendment allowing a national sales tax, let the states try to make up the lost revenue so citizens can use the non-political mechanism of voting with their feet to force limits to taxation.

Repeal the 17th amendment to restore senators to being chosen by their state legislatures as it was meant to be to maintain the carefully planned balance of powers.

No welfare at all (corporate or otherwise) at the national level, let the states handle that too.

Close the loopholes and drop the corporate tax rate which is a major reason we are losing so many corporations and so few are choosing to incorporate here.

Let them repatriate their profits, don't force them all the way out by trying to confiscate their foreign capital returns.

Basically, follow the constitution.

Music to my ears... you're singing my favorite song!

Not just follow the Constitution -- although the importance of which cannot be understated! -- but let the free market work. Consumers are really the most important factor in any economy. Neither the tax code nor the corporate charter should be used as a weapon against the citizens. Social engineering does not work and only compounds problems by creating new problems. Let nature take its course and we all win.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join