It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enhanced soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Have you ever thought that the U.S. Government is genetically enhancing its troops, or at least giving them shots for things like improved strength, (i dont see that doing anything), so they can run faster (special ops), extra duration (running for long periods of time, not eating for days, things of that nature. Personally, i think that they give SEALS those certain enhancements, because i dont think someone can stay in freezing water, barely eat, and lift logs and rafts that weigh a couple hundred pounds, i dont think thats likely, or certain people are just really damn tough and can take anything. BUt i dont really know about genetically enhancing them, its just a thought.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well they have chemicals that can keep you alert and kill your hunger, Benezdrine is one such drug.

About genetic enhancments I personally doubt it because I dont think the science is there yet. Your right about humans not being able stay in freezing water most cant. Cold-water immersions is one of the major reasons why people drop out of BUDS for the seals. Being cold and wet is one of the worst feeling in the world and the SEALs 80% dropout rate seems to prove most people can handle that type of stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If they do then it would be strictly experimental, and definitely not standard procedure. The Navy Seals have a very strict training regime, but are not unique internationally. Look at the SAS, look at the Ghurkas, just because there is a very stringent selection process and a high degree of training don't jump to the conclusion that it must be genetic modification.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Having been to several military schools that have the high drop out rates: Yes the top 10-15% would seem super human to the average person. Even a Snickers bar can give you increased speed for a mile or so

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Yes, soldiers today are vary built. What training can do is amazing, although I believe that steroids and drugs are often used at military training grounds. In edmonton drugs and steroids are commonly found in the hands of our infantry men.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I know that snipers take Beta Blockers, which prevent them from shaking...while proning on a cold grond for a long time

top topics

join