It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Dead Fan? Downtown Grantville, GA is for Sale on eBay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I could totally see a zombie theme park taking off and it's conveniently located off of I-85, half an hour from the world's busiest airport. If I had the scratch, I'd consider buying it just to hang around and watch movies being filmed. The taxes for the entire downtown are only about a grand more than we're paying for a house on less than an acre here.

It would be an awesome Zombie theme park.
It would be a bad shame to see it get bought by some giant corporation who woul level it and make a mega factory-
Keep the history of the original buildings with the zombie theme park-maybe you could get a grant from the government to preserve the history of the area if you bought it.
Its win win.

Advertise it in Tokyo,then get ready for the influx of Japanese Walking Dead Fans-it will have a positive effect on your state's GDP.

Can't go wrong.

edit on 7/3/2015 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
In my opinion Mr. Sells is selling because he is no longer mayor. I can understand that. I also understand while being mayor and owning property he wants to use The Walking Dead to promote Grantville, thus generating income. The one thing that gets me is that, as far as I know, there has only been 1 or 2 episodes in which filming took place in Grantville.
I love the fact all these filmmakers are using our county as the backdrop for their films. As a resident of Coweta County, I would be glad when the last episode of The Walking Dead is filmed. Why? There are alot of people obsessed with it and it is annoying. I have seen people sit in 100 degree temperatures staring at an empty hospital because the show is being filmed in the back parking lot. I know it shouldn't but it just irks me.
Don't get me wrong I have reaped the rewards of the show filming here. At a former job, we worked on some of the crew vehicles. As I'm being cast as am extra in a film very soon, but all the hysteria about The Walking Dead has gotten ridiculous.
I just wanted to give my point of view on the situation. To each their own

new topics

<< 1   >>

join