It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on with society?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why if you try and help someone by pointing out facts?
Do they resists, refuse to acknowledge facts presented to them?
Are they so fragile that they can't be proven wrong or learn something new?
They assume you are calling them stupid, because you say they are wrong or misinformed.
They would rather continue thinking they are right ay all cost of progress.
What went wrong with society that it is like this?
It is the majority.
Say it isn't you? How open are you in a conversation to other peoples input?
Do you listen to others, or are you thinking of a rebuttal while they are talking?

One i modified my car, when i rebuilt the carburetor. I ended up getting 75mpg with minor mods.
I could talk to people about getting better gas mileage.
They would say they wish that they could have better.
I would say i could modify your carb to do better.
They would not believe me.
They would say if it were possible it would have been done already by others smarter than me. ( hurts )
I would offer my car key and they would refuse the offer.
They would rather think they were right then be proven wrong.

Years ago i found away to get out of traffic violations.
I won in court, had proof of case dismissed.
I told them that they could beat tickets.
They called me a liar.
Even though i had proof.
Documentation of how i did everything.
Your rights, case law, definitions of law terms and statutes.

I also dispute light being a particle.
It is a wave.
Yes this is my field of expertise.
They refuse to listen to that as well.

Medicine is no different.

So many examples, i could go on and on.

What the hell is wrong with most everyone these days?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
With a 100 mile commute to work every day (round trip) Would you mind sharing your secrets of this fuel mastery?
But seriously I understand what you are talking about.

People are not awake yet. They do not understand/comprehension of the complexity of misinformation they have received all of their lives. We honestly risk having to relearn everything we have ever been taught about the world around us. No wonder we are backwards.
edit on 2-3-2015 by intunewithmyself because: Removed un-needed word and added forward slash to make sentence correct. understand/comprehension that was my edit.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It's called OCD...

Obvious Cognitive Dissonance.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Has society ever not been like this?

a reply to: roth1

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Generally on a site like this it's because people are set in their ways and come here with the aim of promoting their argument and are closed off to change before they even log on.

With regards to you personally trying to change people's minds - Maybe you're doing something wrong in the way you approach them because if you have been to court, have documents and evidence you can not pay parking tickets that would interest probably everyone in the western world.

I could probably even get you on a radio slot if you are from the UK?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Feel free to message me with any questions you have about fuel economy. Please be descriptive on what kind of delivery system you have. Mulitport fuel injection, carberated, throttle body injected. Age and model of the carb if a carb. ANYONE. a reply to: intunewithmyself

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Guten Morgen- The 'key' is for You to not give up in teaching the "other You".. "To Teach" is the same as "To Learn" unless You are not teaching what it is You are learning, in which case You're doing little or no good... One day You'll come across another who will take Your ideas even further down the line. Speaking of 'line' I'd opine that You also have the ability to see farther down the 'time spiral' ? This is so You(rs) can safely negotiate the twists/turns of this incarnation... If You "quit" (quit being You) then that info/energy is lost. Direct it...

Learn, Teach and Have Fun. Repeat if necessary...

Go change the World.

namaste

P.S. Forgive them for they don't know they're in the midst of a brain donation... I'm paraphrasing..

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Not a lot of cars out there with carburetor anymore, buddy...

Feel free to modify my 87 Trans Am's carb of you can squeeze 75mpg out of it.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I think some people have a resistance to learning anything from a particular type of person.

If one doesn't 'fit' their idea of what a knowledgeable person should look or be like, then good luck with trying to tell them anything.

It's like kids who will listen to practically anyone but their parents or teachers. Put some clown on TV spouting the same information and they are all ears.

I think the beauty of the internet is that we can all exchange knowledge and ideas and, because other people can't see us, they listen to what we have to say rather than judge us as wanting and then closing themselves down.

I hope this doesn't come across as an attack on you - I don't know you - I've suffered from the attitudes of others exactly as you are describing.

I don't let it bother me - if they don't want to know, I won't bother telling them.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Humanity needs to be eradicated.

Good thread, but only the tip of the garbage iceberg that is our reality.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Maybe you're doing something wrong in the way you approach them because if you have been to court, have documents and evidence you can not pay parking tickets that would interest probably everyone in the western world.
a reply to: and14263

Well i offered my keys for a test drive.

The people i talked to knew i had a DWI and no Insurance.

Had the ticket and documents saying case dismissed.

They just did not want to listen to my solution.

As far as case law. They have changed some things since then.

It does not work the same way.

But a have another out.

Saving it though, i case i need it.

Last time they changed the definitions in the law dictionary and the way they word the tickets.

So it would not work anymore.

My work around is there if you read between the lines. But i won't go there publicly or it will be gone.

I will leave you with this though.

Look up Motor vehicle, operate and automobile in the blacks law dictionary. year 2000 till now, watch how they changed.

Tickets changed too.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa
Not a lot of cars out there with carburetor anymore, buddy...

Feel free to modify my 87 Trans Am's carb of you can squeeze 75mpg out of it.

Yes i can, that would be an easy one. Older is easier. Feel free to message me with all your info. I will get back to you in a few days. Almost time for sleep now for me.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You can't change the world...it's complacent, cynical and unbelieving...so, quit trying to.

Besides...there are more important things going on****

****like The Walking Dead is coming on in a few minutes...gotta go...(just an example of of indifference in society)...the general populace could care less sadly.

Ya gotta quit tryin cause it's like beating a dead horse...the horse doesn't care.
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The thing is that somewhere out there, someone is listening to what you say.

They see the difference between members inputs and then can make up their own mind.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You clearly know what you're on about so I appreciate your frustration. I have a way to avoid speeding fines. It's not fool proof but works in many cases.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've got a '91 car with a throttle body (uses two injectors in a carb like setup) that gets 46mpg in the country. Better on the highway if you drive slow- but that's a good way to get run over.

That same "series" of car, 2015 model year, comes as a hybrid that claims 45mpg.

I'd bet my left nut that the 2015 one took at least twice as much energy to build, and when it's coming up on thirty years old won't get anywhere near the 45mpg it claims to have new.

The 91 is 156" long bumper to bumper, and weighs just over 2100lbs.
The 15 is 170" long bumper to bumper, and weighs just over 2870lbs.

This is one of the lightest modern cars in its class- other brands of a similar layout car are all in the 3,000lb range.

If you want to improve your fuel economy, lose some weight. Every time you stop at a light, you have to bring that heavy ass car of yours back up to speed. Try pushing a 3,000lb car down the road- it's a lot of work!

Getting back on topic.... yep, people are not only dumb, but are totally convinced that the establishment wants what is best for them. People think that the news is telling them what they need to know, and that the people in charge are making decisions that will be best for we the people.

That's just the smart ones- then there's the whole other group of "It's gods plan!"- why try to do anything about the # show situation of things when it was all part of some glorious plan?

I've also recently learned there's a whole class of working class people stuck in dead end jobs who actually make a decent living that are completely aware of what's going on all around us, and how the world is deteriorating and heading into a brilliant downward spiral... but refuse to do anything about it because it would mean giving up their current lifestyle.

We're all screwed, and we're all to blame- and now we're all going to sit on our collective asses and sip our collective tea until it's way too late.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hey i am all for playing the odds if i need to. No problems speeding here though. At least not yet. My way got you out of all tickets unless you were working. But the door is 3/4 closed now. a reply to: and14263

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Why if you try and help someone by pointing out facts?
Do they resists, refuse to acknowledge facts presented to them?
Are they so fragile that they can't be proven wrong or learn something new?
They assume you are calling them stupid, because you say they are wrong or misinformed.
They would rather continue thinking they are right ay all cost of progress.
What went wrong with society that it is like this?
It is the majority.
Say it isn't you? How open are you in a conversation to other peoples input?
Do you listen to others, or are you thinking of a rebuttal while they are talking?

I've spent years trying to figure out the answers to those questions.

Since no one in this thread has mentioned the main culprit I've found, it's narcissism.

For a narcissist, even considering the possibility that they're wrong or not the best is something they usually can't do. Again, they CAN'T even consider that possibility most of the time. Even considering it would destroy their world.

I think this video really sums it up well. The girl uses cognitive dissonance to get around even thinking the thought that she wasn't good enough. To even entertain the thought would cause her world to crumble.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I've got a '91 car with a throttle body (uses two injectors in a carb like setup) that gets 46mpg in the country. Better on the highway if you drive slow- but that's a good way to get run over. That same "series" of car, 2015 model year, comes as a hybrid that claims 45mpg.
a reply to: lordcomac

If you want some input, and you are handy. message me. / nice response.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Social programming is used to condition people so they participate in consumerism. Only someone who is trained by those who think they know what is real will be allowed to be listened to. I have the same problem with my kids, They think because I have no credentials that I am misinterpreting things I learn. My youngest daughter has found what I say is true, then she went back to school to get knowledge of what I study so she can understand me, but they are just conditioning her in college and lowering her ability to think on her own. The opposite effect she is searching for.

By the way, I feel all light travels in a spiral but it is represented by a wave in our perception when looking at it two dimensionally. Look at a spring from the side.
edit on 2-3-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join