It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going about creating a Secret Society...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm not saying I want to create one, I'm just saying nowadays, how would someone go about creatinga secret society? If you ask friends, and they say no, they'll tell their mates and the word will spread, and everyone would know your name, making it no longer secret.

The only way I've thought of cretaing one is to join a large one, and break off with several other members to create your own?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
for starters, you don't ask for help on a public message board with 1000's of members.

You and the other friends/associates etc that you want to do this with simply start it. You call yourselves the heman woman haters club or whatever and then, when you meet a like minded person whom you think is right for the club, you invite them in. You would want to ensure that they are going to say yes to your invite. otherwise, the proverbial cat is out of the bag.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
for starters, you don't ask for help on a public message board with 1000's of members.

I knew that reply was coming. The only problem is making sure they would say yes, so you'd need to offer them something, knowledge is one thing someone could offer...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
knowledge or action in the area that you are interested in.

and you can always give out cookies

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't think you could base a secret society on cookies, but it's worth a try!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There'd probably be a pretty rigorous and covert testing procedure, so you'd be 99.9% sure of them saying yes before you even broached the subject of the society. Then of course you've got the whole red pill blue pill thing, if you want to go further and learn about the club then you cannot go back, yada yada yada. There's always the threat of bad things happening if ever anyone else were to find out. It wouldn't be difficult, it would just involve choosing the right people to begin with, then once a powerful enough core was put in place any discrepancies could be handled and hushed up with relative ease.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
we just kill anyone that says no.

so much easier.

and I'll have you know that my cookies are awesome and nobody can so no to them.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good point about the cookies...

A better idea would be to loot all the people that say no properties, or make them write you into their will or somehting to proove allegiance to the group.

Unless your a pro or have someone willing to go to jail, killing would not proove useful, because you'd be killing people around the country/world and it would get a bit obvious, but then you could always blame it on the mafia!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
well, if it is a secret society, you won't be bringing in the masses so if you invite 10 people a year and one says no every few years, you kill him/her.

not like you'll be slaughtering peopel worldwide.

a non-believer her and there won't be a big deal

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yes but if that non beleiver talks to someone else about it and they talk etc... then you're talking about a lot of people who know your in a secret society!

And you'd have to have somehting to offer to join?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Going about creating a Secret Society...

You could simply do this as the Greeks did with 'mystery cults'.
You can further follow the methods and ideas of a 'mystery religion.'
It has an:

an arcanum, or body of secret wisdom. An inner core of beliefs, practices, and the religion's true nature, are revealed only to those who have been initiated into its secrets. These secrets are not to be profaned (pro + fanum "beyond the fane, or religious precinct"). By their very nature mysteries are ineffable, beyond what can be expressed in words, or esoteric (as in Gnosticism) (gnosis, "knowledge"), so mysteries do not produce a body of scripture that is claimed to be "revealed" by the prophet of a deity.

Mystery religion

Creating a secret society wouldn't be that much different, other than have 'layers' and ritual cermonies of progression.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well usually you don't create a secret society unless you have some reason, not for the heck of it.

The Knights of Templar had the Grail.

The Masons have thier secrets.

What secret will you protect?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
So who's up for creating a secret society???

A treasure??

[edit on 17-12-2004 by Nexus]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If you wish to start a secret society then go for it.

It all depends on what you are keeping a secret!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ummmm...well......

We could find a treasure and protect it, or gather a treasure and protect that?

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nexus
Ummmm...well......

We could find a treasure and protect it, or gather a treasure and protect that?

Or how about you make it your mission to gather up and hide all nukes so that no one can use them? Sounds like a winner to me.

That's a task that should keep you busy for a while as well.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Nice one. But what if some terrorist gorup found them all, they wouldn't even have to shoot them anywhere, a nice batch of C4 or couple of hundred hand grenades could blow up a nice bit of the world quite nicely...

Unless they are kept moving which would be even more dangerous, not to mention we'd all go to jail as soon as we try and get the first...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
What gives a society credibility is the ritual. This is with out a doubt the most important part of a fraternal society and it is what in fact links all of it's brothers or members together. In this regard I would reccomend that you write a strong and meanigful ritual that is centered around 1 to 3 core principles or values. You can approach the ritual like a play...with scenes, or degrees etc. but the most important aspect is the revealing period where you truly explain what this society is founded upon.

It helps to have some already common linking of it's members, such as either being members of another group already, everyone holds certain professions or titles, or simply all these men express the certain traits that the society is founded upon (given). The ritual is the key. Secondly it is important to have a detailed constitution stating when meetings will be help, voting procedure for recruitment etc. It could even be in cipher if you want. I reccomend looking at some other groups' rituals which I know is hard now after the big GLO fiasco on here but if you are interested, this is the way.

Lastly, the most important immediate selection quality of it's members should be loyalty to each other and passion for starting such a group or society.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Nice "guide" there...

It's hard to find titual details because they are secret, and if you blab about them then you could be killed and the message deleted [if online or written]. And the fact that so many people claim to be in Illumnati and are not...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hard to convey to you guys how much you have actually got the whole thing in a nutshell.
...except for a couple of (important) things.

a. You create an environment in which every member is completley paranoid of anyone who does not conform to "group behaviour" and encourage members to frequently "test" each other for their loyalty.
This will mean that they will come blabbing to you on a frequent basis giving you the whereabouts and demeaners of all your subjects so you can have forewarning of members who are about to wake up and get the hell out of dodge as well as infiltration by outsiders.

b. You need to have frequent "kick outs" that are visible and preferably cerimonial to subtly re-inforce the message that "This could be you..."

c. It is a rotating door - everyone will wake up eventually, it's really a case of controlling the mass so that it regulates the minority.
Eventually everyone will wise up to the fact that they are just being used/abused and will look for a way out, it's important that you manage this process in such a way that you can get a profitable length of service from them before this happens.
When they do wise up, ensure that they do so in isolation (maybe get them to move to a new area) and then subject them to section b.

I have seen this, I am one of the few who have got away and still have a voice. (...big deal huh???)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join