It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold onto your hats boys.........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It looks like a race between Iran (taking hostages, and I am sure those civilians held were actually CIA) and N.Korea (threatening to nuke everybody and their chickens) are in a dead lock to receive US armed aggression. I do not understand this, why would they be in a hurry to defy not only the US which would at least be understandable, but now Russia, England, China, Japan, essentially the great 8. What motivation do your people have when they know they can't win? And is this actually the people's will? Or that of power hungry despots who would rather buy gun-powder then feed a baby? I will say it one more time, UNEDUCATED religious zealots are the most dangerous people in the world! We as a people of freedom need to teach these people how to read, write and understand, so that they make their own informed choices and not blindy follow men who lead them into certain doom again and again.

The Pen is truly mightier then the sword......

Your thoughts?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
well where to start,

"UNEDUCATED religious zealots are the most dangerous people in the world!"

Well they may be but these are not the people in charge of places like Iran. They are EDUCATED religious zealots and educated men who want to see a powerful country of their own.

"We as a people of freedom need to teach these people how to read, write and understand, so that they make their own informed choices and not blindy follow men who lead them into certain doom again and again."

You want to give them a western education in the hope they would not hold the same views. It is not likely to happen some moderation of fanaticism may take place but you can bet they are gonna go home still wanting to conquer but they would be better equipped to do so.

Its sadly not just a matter of education but of attitude, culture and religious beliefs.

There may be hope if Iran is next as Mr putin has recently come out with Bush as saying Iran should not be doing what it is.

The most dangerous thing in the world is assuming that we are always in the right

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more. Like you said, The Pen is truly mightier then the sword...... . You should go into politics if you really believe in all that. And are willing to stand up for your beliefs.
But right now, as the situation is today, we can do nothing but sit and wait for the next thing to happen. Which could be an invasion of Iran & Syria. A nuclier war with North Korea. Or an endless attempt to solve the problems with negotiations between the US, Russia, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Libia,....

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   

will say it one more time, UNEDUCATED religious zealots are the most dangerous people in the world!

I couldnt agree more. Our country is under the iron fist of one.

We as a people of freedom need to teach these people how to read, write and understand, so that they make their own informed choices and not blindy follow men who lead them into certain doom again and again.

Well, i always said, charity begins at home. What you have described is exactly what America needs: to learn to read, write, and think on our own and stop electing and following despots who lead us to the path of doom time and time again!

Problem is, whose gonna liberate us?

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   

UNEDUCATED religious zealots are the most dangerous people in the world!

All one has to do is look at the current administration controlling the US government. We are all going to die because of individuals in areas of power bickering about who's dick is bigger... I have a problem with that personally.

[Edited on 5-6-2003 by tacitblue]

top topics

join