It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navigation lights...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
For me personally, the sightings that include red, green and white lights are just that, Navigation lights. Even if the sightings include a saucer or cigar shape, I believe that these are unknown human craft - maybe top secret government projects.
It seems to me as if someone on the inside of these projects insist on following the International agreement on Nav lights, top secret or not. Here is a source for nav lights per vessels of Air, sea and space.

en.wikipedia.org...
. Was watching a utube vid of "In Search of" and found myself believing the Baker family saw what they describe - despite proof, in Mellen, Wisconsin 1975.
It is the first story for those not watching the entire program. The parts that convince me of human origin is the lights as well as the fact the craft landed specifically on a roadway. There was quite a bit of cleared land available but they chose the roadway - seems human to me. Anyway, wanted to share my opinion on this and many sightings of flying/landing lights that produce red, green and white.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I tend to generally agree with you. A conventional explanation is just statistically more likely. I've mentioned before that when I was in the USAF I used to sit out at night and watch various types of aircraft taking off and landing, and there were occasions when even these conventional aircraft would appear strange, mainly due to their course and my viewing angle. Generally speaking however, the relatively constant motion is something that all aircraft have in common. When they're out in the open sky they can will sometimes increase their speed more rapidly, especially jet aircraft like fighters, and perhaps this can confuse people on occasion. Like you say, one of the main ways to identify conventional craft is by the orientation of their lights, as well as their colors. The easiest way to eliminate the possibility of conventional aircraft would be the way it maneuvers. Even jet fighters performing high-speed maneuvers will not fool the trained eye, but it is entirely possible that someone who has never witnessed such things would find it highly unusual, insomuch as the aircraft seem to be moving at speed greater than they are actually achieving. Such aircraft move incredibly fast, and depending on their altitude this speed can be confusing to a ground observer. Engine noise, considering a jet is loud, is also a dead giveaway. The distance (horizontal and vertical) from the observer to the aircraft will play a part in whether they hear any engine sounds, and even the speed will have an effect on how long it takes for the sound to reach the observer. So any engine sounds in conjunction with a sighting should indicate a conventional aircraft.

I will disagree with you regarding top secret experimental craft having conventional lighting, mainly because flight testing of such aircraft is done in tightly regulated airspace, therefore there is not much traffic, and the traffic that is present can easily be controlled. I imagine that the testing of secret craft is done when there are no other nearby aircraft, therefore the lighting configuration, which is mainly for air safety, does not hold as much importance. I would think they would ensure clear airspace before sending up a highly classified aircraft. I will not say that they definitely do or do not possess conventional lighting configurations, as I am just making an educated guess, but either event would not surprise me.

Another thing that can confuse people, myself included, are drones. I have rarely seen drones in flight, and depending on the type of drone, they can theoretically perform maneuvers that a piloted aircraft could not, considering the G-forces. It would surprise me a great deal to learn that the military has not worked on such a highly maneuverable drone. I would doubt that drones on combat missions, or any aircraft in enemy territory for that matter, would use any exterior lights except what is absolutely necessary for their identification by friendlies flying the same mission. I bring this up only because there is the possibility that UFO sightings in combat areas might actually be conventional aircraft that do not look so conventional due to their lighting configuration, or lack thereof.

The last thing I will mention relates to the time of day of a sighting. It is much easier for one to fail to identify a conventional craft during nighttime hours as opposed to during the day. Or at least I would think so, although I will admit that it can be difficult to make out the shape of a metal aircraft that is reflecting sunlight, depending on its altitude, visibility, etc. I would guess that there are many more nighttime UFO sightings than daylight UFO sightings since it is easier to misidentify something at night, considering that an observer is more likely to see only lights. And as I was saying earlier, one may not see all the lights present on the aircraft because of the flight path of the craft, among other factors, thus even a conventional lighting configuration may not appear to be conventional. You might see a single color of light, and the craft banks or performs a maneuver, and all of the sudden the first light you saw is on the opposite side where you cannot see it anymore, and instead you get a different colored light, giving the appearance of a single light that is changing colors, or appears to be blinking, etc...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
All very good points, thanks for sharing. I too am very versed with aircraft and still find myself confused when watching one. Sometimes, dismayed for quite a few minutes before the realization I am looking at a fighter.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: vance

Yeah...why would alien interstellar or stellar interdimensional craft need lights...at all?

If someone sees any on anything? Sorry...but it's ours

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanks for replies... Yes, I do believe in extraterrestrial life out there just don't know that they have visited in modern times. If they did, I would be more caught up in the why lol. I do not try to communicate with Ants even though I found them amazing as a child.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We need to be more skeptical of creating threads on this sub forum. It has become saturated with UFO seen here and there with red, blue, green lights. Im sorry folks, but we have literally a crap ton of pics and videos of lights in the sky. We need to filter some of it so that good threads dont drown.

Even if you are 100% certain its an alien space ship, having some blinking green lights caught with a mobile camera won't cause a revolution

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Yeah...why would alien interstellar or stellar interdimensional craft need lights...at all?

If someone sees any on anything? Sorry...but it's ours

But what if the lights weren't lights ... What if the light being emitted is from a power source for a craft or its light being emitted from a propulsion system

However i tend to agree when I see lights in the sky it's usually from this planet. When the angle is right some plane lights really do make it look like an odd craft

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

FAA regs.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

top topics

join