It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Premonition Mirror - Reflecting Light From the Future

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
The Premonition Mirror - Reflecting Light From the Future

by John SkieSwanne

It is widely known that antimatter has properties which are exactly the reverse of matter's. To which it has been pointed out that antimatter would behave precisely as matter going back in time. Richard Feynman even proposed that the event of antielectron-electron annhihilation could be interpreted as only one electron going at the future, interacting with photons, and finally going back at the past, becoming the antielectron.

But this proposition brings a rather interesting implication. It implies the existence of what I like to call, Premonition Mirrors.

A Premonition Mirror is an hypotetical substance that reflects images quite unusually - for these do not reflect your current image, but actually... the image of your future.

Here is how they work:

Let us consider an anti-atom (an atom made of antimatter), say an anti-hydrogen. Now anti-hydrogen is composed of an antiproton around which orbits an antielectron. If antimatter would really be matter going back in time, then the orbit of this antielectron would describe, in Time in addition to space, a helical trajectory directed at the Past.

Hydrogen atoms may absorb light - which causes the electron to move to a higher energy orbit. A tiny fraction of a second later, the electron will re-emit the photon so to move back at its original orbit.

Similarily, an anti-hydrogen atoms may also absorb light - which will cause the anti-electron to move to a higher energy orbit. Again, a tiny fraction of a second later, the anti-electron will re-emit the photon so to move back at its original orbit.

The two events are similar except that in the case of the anti-hydrogen atom (which accordig to some is a hydrogen atom going back in time), the re-emission of a photon will not occur a fraction of a second in the future relative to the absorbtion event, but in fact a fraction of a second in the past.

This constitutes a crude Premonition Mirror. If antimatter really is matter going back in time, then shining a photon on it will result in the antimatter reflecting this said photon into the past... before the light was even sent in the first place. Allowing the antimatter to act like a mirror, a mirror which shows information from the future.

For now the effect of this crude Premonition Mirror is only visible at extremely small scale. But if antimatter really is matter going back in time, the effect could still be achieved by Premonition Mirrors of more astronomical size.

So, recapitulation: if antimatter really is matter going back in time, then they would form Premonition Mirrors, which would have the ability to re-emit information from the future.

Just saying. Food for thought.

At Time's End,

Swan

posted on Feb, 26 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Interesting theory there mate. Need to ponder on it and come back.
a reply to: swanne

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Thanks for the reply!

I've discovered this by attempting to dertermine the behaviour of matter going back in time. That's when I realized that such events would generate Premonition Mirrors.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Sounds like the alleged covert technology 'Project Looking Glass' as espoused by many such as Dan Burisch and Phil Corso Jr.

Very interesting, nonetheless.

Spin it forward. My Premonition Mirror says that humanity's engines are overheating more than ever.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
p.s.

They come not to take your weapons away from you - they come to make you their weapon.

What does this mean to you? Future slaves?

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00
"They come not to take your weapons away from you - they come to make you their weapon. "

What does this mean to you? Future slaves?

Um, that's my current signature. A bit off-topic...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: corsair00

I don't know, I smell something fishy about the claim of these guys.

Corso claims that Kevlar was E.T. technology... Oh, really?...

Poly-paraphenylene terephthalamide – branded Kevlar – was invented by Polish-American chemist Stephanie Kwolek while working for DuPont,[6] in anticipation of a gasoline shortage. In 1964, her group began searching for a new lightweight strong fiber to use for light but strong tires.[6] The polymers she had been working with at the time, poly-p-phenylene-terephthalate and polybenzamide,[7] formed liquid crystal while in solution, something unique to those polymers at the time.[6]
The solution was "cloudy, opalescent upon being stirred, and of low viscosity" and usually was thrown away. However, Kwolek persuaded the technician, Charles Smullen, who ran the "spinneret", to test her solution, and was amazed to find that the fiber did not break, unlike nylon.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

There is no anti-photon as far as we can tell aside from a photon with a phase angle 180 degrees rotated. There is no evidence to suggest rotating the phase angle of a photon sends it back in time and lots of data saying otherwise. This is a stupid theory and you are stupid for spending so much time on it.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lecoder

There is no anti-photon as far as we can tell

Duh!

The photons in my OP are all normal photons; look closely and you'll see that they all point up at the future on an angle of 45°. My OP is actually relies on the fact that there is no such thing as "anti-photons".

This is a stupid theory and you are stupid for spending so much time on it.

Perhaps you should try and stop putting absurd words in my mouth?
You know, maybe actually read the OP before replying something silly such as accusing my photons of conspiracy, hm?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Not if you're using a Premonition Mirror!

Yeah, I don't buy into Corso Sr's output. Jr has a lot to say, but is very obscure for reasons of not being allowed to speak much about certain things. Supposedly...

Interesting hypothesis you share either way. Do you have any thoughts about how the mind/consciousness and dreams and those kind of premonitions could be hooked into a similar type of system biologically?
edit on 2015-02-28T01:42:58-06:002015Sat, 28 Feb 2015 01:42:58 -060058am42Sat, 28 Feb 2015 01:42:58 -060000 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: corsair00

Yeah, I don't buy into Corso Sr's output. Jr has a lot to say, but is very obscure for reasons of not being allowed to speak much about certain things. Supposedly...

Well, he could be right just as much as he could be wrong. I would need to look deeper into this Looking Glass Project - any source you would recommend me?

Do you have any thoughts about how the mind/consciousness and dreams and those kind of premonitions could be hooked into a similar type of system biologically?

Interesting topic you bring up indeed.

Now keep in mind I know for a fact that premonition dreams are real. But this forum is restricted to pure science, not empirical experiences. So... Scientifically speaking, our dreams are (apparently) but hallucinations inside our very brain. Since Premonition Mirrors are made of matter going back in time, this is equivalent of saying they could be made of antimatter - a substance that undergoes annihilation (transformation into particles of light) when in contact with normal matter.

Which means antimatter cannot be present inside the human body (at least, not in a substantial amount), otherwise it would create visible damage.
Which means premonition dreams are not physically caused by Premonition Mirrors.

Physically speaking, of course... I somehow entertain the crazy consideration that there might be something more to the universe than what we can physically experience.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
You and your theories, man. I respect them because they're too complicated for me to understand
Sounds cool though! And a little scary! For some reason it makes me think of The Portrait of Dorian Grey.

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Notice that a more sophisticated version of a Premonition Mirror would simply include more than one atom (well, anti-atom) for thickness:

A thicker layer of transparent material contains more atoms which relay the incoming light from the future. Then as the light reached the reflective material, it is sent back through the array of atoms. Once it emerges it emerges considerably farther into the past.

Thus the efficiency of a Premonition Mirror is improved by

-its thickness
-the excitation/relaxation time of the atoms (the more time it takes to de-excite, the more the atom will carry the energy further into the past)
-the closeness of the mirror to the subject (at further distance the Mirror's effectiveness will diminish, though it will always show an anomalous reflexion relative to a normal mirror, at one point it will seemingly send an instantaneous reflection).

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I'm not going to pretend that I know what you're talking about - this is brain-melting territory for me (sorry). A premonition mirror is something that causes a normal atom to 'bounce' into anti-atom territory, thus showing a glimpse of the future (from the past, well the anti-past)?

I'm almost following you (I think). Could some places have a higher chance of 'bouncing'? (I know my terminology is wrong, but bear with me). Some places are attributed with visions more than others, some with feelings. Think of walking into a church, for example - it feels different.
Premonitions are real, no two ways about it. I love your theory and I find your hypothesis fascinating. So I suppose what I'm really asking is, would this be more likely to occur in a physical place or in a mental state?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
S&F thanks for taking the time to post this theory. Anti-mater is some weird stuff... What I find hard to fathom is the 6 known Quarks all have anti-quarks... Due to the propensity of anti and matter annihilating each other when contact is made I find it weirder still that anti (matter) mirror images exist at all ?

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I like the idea of a sub-atomic camera obscura, where the aperture is a "hole" in spacetime, rather than a hole in a wall. I wonder if like a camera obscura the simulacra would be inverted and reversed.

edit on 28-2-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Due to the propensity of anti and matter annihilating each other when contact is made I find it weirder still that anti (matter) mirror images exist at all ?

That's because mirrors (and antimirrors) reflect not matter, they reflect light of matter. Since light is not matter (it is an energy that transcend both matter and antimatter), it won't annihilate with an anti-mirror, no more than it annihilates with a normal mirror.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
A premonition mirror is something that causes a normal atom to 'bounce' into anti-atom territory, thus showing a glimpse of the future (from the past, well the anti-past)?

It's actually much simpler.

A normal mirror is made of atoms which reflect light. Now how does reflection works? Well, the incoming light hits the atom's electron, which "stores" the surplus of energy. Then, finally, the atom's electron relaxes, and light is re-emitted out.

A Premonition Mirror is made of anti-atoms, which (supposedly) are going back in Time. When the incoming light hits the anti-atoms, the anti-atom "stores" the surplus of energy. And the anti-atom carries the surplus of energy with it as it goes back in Time. So, when light is re-emitted from the anti-atom, it is re-emitted in the past instead of the present.

So I suppose what I'm really asking is, would this be more likely to occur in a physical place or in a mental state?

Oh, physically; definitively.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If antimatter would really be matter going back in time

Does antimatter have negative entropy?

If it doesn't, how do you know it's going back in time?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Does antimatter have negative entropy?

If it doesn't, how do you know it's going back in time?

That is the point, we don't know.

We would need to produce actual anti-atoms and see how they behave.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join