It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Heart Of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I came across this story on TB2K this morning and thought some of you on ATS might enjoy the letter and the Black Five web page.

www.timebomb2000.com...

www.blackfive.net...

Via Seamus, this email is a thank you from a Marine Gunnery Sergeant in Iraq. It was sent two days ago:

Just wanted to write to you and tell you another story about an experience we had over here.

As you know, I asked for toys for the Iraqi children over here and several people (Americans that support us) sent them over by the box. On each patrol we take through the city, we take as many toys as will fit in our pockets and hand them out as we can. The kids take the toys and run to show them off as if they were worth a million bucks. We are as friendly as we can be to everyone we see, but especially so with the kids. Most of them don't have any idea what is going on and are completely innocent in all of this.

Happy Holidays
SIRR1

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Great post, SIRR1. Great story of the girl and the land mine. Thanks for posting it.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The little girl[holding the teddy bear we had passed out] looked scared and concerned, but there was a warmth in her eyes toward me. As I knelt down to talk to her, she moved over and pointed to a mine in the road.

I'm going to call 'bollocks' on this one. There is no source or unit identification, just a first name of a 'marine'. Plus, it sounds just like those 'an arab dropped his wallet but didn't notice, i gave it to him and he warned me of an upcomming attack' urban myth.

new topics

join