It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding Hannibal...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Let's say you are a fledgling psychologist having just opened your offices to clients. Much to your surprise and fear, your first client is Hannibal Lector who--having eaten and is in a cooperative mood--is ready to get on your couch and let his brain be picked by you.

Given as many sessions as necessary, what conclusions would you draw?

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
After spending much time with him in the novels Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal (in my opinion the best, but the movie sucks), I have drawn conclusions.

Genius, with an incredible memory and creative talent, and because of his intelligence has no concern for the differences between humans and animals (there are none). He was scared by strong emotional experiences in his childhood that would shape him for the rest of his life. I would want to find out why exactly he needs to kill, perhaps because of an unresolvable psychosis. I would try to work him off of his need to kill, (but if you could kill and get away with it, would you?) and convince him that killing is unnecessary for revenge

What I would give to talk to Lecter for an hour. He is one of the best literary characters ever created IMO.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:34 AM
link   
But he'd eat you... Two seconds with the guy without him being gagged and tied up, you'd be done for!!!

I'd love to get into his head, but would prefer it if he was in a cage.....

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
He only eats you if you piss him off. So long as you are couteous you are safe

XAOS

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Rubbish.... If he's in the mood he'll eat you.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
He'd have to be a vegetarian, cause I am basically a vegetable.
Plus I dont eat meat and I wouldnt beg for mercy.

XAOS

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
He wouldn't eat me, I'd kick his head in.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
He would still have you for breakfast, lunch and din dinns

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Uh, isn't he a vegetarian anyways? Last I checked, they don't eat red meat, and humans aren't considered red meat.

Anyways, he won #1 villian on the AFI top 100 villians and heros list.

But Hannibal is smart, literate, and snobbish. He sees himself above others. Of course, he is in most cases when the mind comes into play.

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So we are vegetables???

XAOS

new topics

top topics

join