It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks Like I'm Gonna Get Flogged

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: surrealist

Truly remarkable and frightening at the same time.

I've seen some malarkey over the years but this is a new one on me.

In previous years a storm would generally increase by 1 category per day, sure there are aberrations, but to go from a tropical low to a near CAT 5 or a CAT 5 in 24 hours is truly unprecedented, as far as I know.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
yep confirmed. It will hit at approx 7am as a CAT 5.

I think there were 2 earlier replies from those near the impact zone.....can you give us a rough location ??? Yepoon....mackay....????

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Stay safe Myselfaswell! I'm in Brisbane so I think I'll be up late following the warnings. I've been refreshing the facebook pages (higgins and a few others) and I can't believe how quickly it's intensified! It's rather scary. I really feel for those who are suddenly in the path of a 5 when this morning it was a 1.

There is talk of it possibly staying as a TC long enough to still be a CAT1 over Toowoomba on Saturday! That is unimaginable to me. We lived there not long ago, I'm glad I'm not in that house now because even the 50k gusts on the range had the house howling. I am not in a home that floods, which we discovered in 2011, but we have a massive gum out the back that we were going to cut down before the next storm season, as we don't have a spare 3,000 to do it now! Hopefully it doesn't end up on ours, or our neighbours roof! Gutters are cleaned though, but we are taking down a deck so have a lot of things that could go flying if it got bad.

I guess all we can do is watch and hope it fizzes out a bit!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: surrealist

Truly remarkable and frightening at the same time.

I've seen some malarkey over the years but this is a new one on me.

In previous years a storm would generally increase by 1 category per day, sure there are aberrations, but to go from a tropical low to a near CAT 5 or a CAT 5 in 24 hours is truly unprecedented, as far as I know.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

What you don't know is that there is a HAARP ship off of your coast, focusing HAARP signals to bounce off of the ionosphere into your home. What did you post on ATS recently?

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

G'day MSAW,

I'm located just a bit south of Grafton. A little inland near the Nymboida River. I won't complain about the rain after last years effort just a bit pissed that I stocked my dam recently with fingerlings (bass) and the buggers overflowing.

Used to live in Darwin and aound the Top End for many years and thankfully, apart from Monica coming close, never had to endure a Cat 5. Thinking of your Koala you posted pics of a while back.

Off topic, you must have good upper body strength to lug around that 660. 36 inch bar, whoa, I got 26 inch for splitting and firewood on an old 048AV (84 racing saw) and after some use I'm panting. What revs does it put out as I'm thinking of buying another saw. (Recently purchased a diesel log splitter).

Keep us updated. Looks like the tinlids won't be going to school today, creek across the driveway is getting higher.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 19-2-2015 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
G'day, hopefully, and g'luck! Weather sucks sometimes. For instance, it's been drizzling all day, here near Seattle.

"Marcia..." Australian for breezy?

Stay safe!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join