It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary. When the world was 2 minutes from Nuclear Annihilation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well I never knew this before. I just happened across this video on the black vault website. The whole deal is a missle that norway launched in 1995. It was a atmospheric reasearch missle I suppose. It put Russia on alert to the point where they were just 2 minutes from lauching a crap load of nukes. The only thing that stopped them was the fact the missle disappeared off radar at a pretty opurtune moment.

Go to the #1 streaming video at the bottom of the page and watch it. Best if you got high speed connection.

www.bvalphaserver.com...

Very interesting. Thought everyone might find it so also.

Well heres an edit. I found an article listing 4 widely unknown near nuclear disasters. This is pretty stinking scary also.

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 16-12-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Damn. You sure this article isn't a fake?

If there was something this big, bigger than Cuban missle crisis, I bet this would have made headlines.

Surf

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Here it is from cnn if you don't belive it.... Everyone seems to belive them....

The most striking example of how quickly the nuclear ball can be set into motion took place on January 25, 1995, when Russian early warning radars detected a missile rising from the Norwegian Sea. Russian President Boris Yeltsin was alerted. He was brought his nuclear-command briefcase and placed in contact with his defense minister.

For several tense minutes, Yeltsin and his subordinates waited to see if Russia was coming under a submarine-based nuclear attack -- and if they needed to retaliate

www.cnn.com...

Oh and the black vault gets lots more information on subjects like this because they use the freedom of information act to get tons of declassified documents from the government. They get lots of detailed information. Just look at some of their archives. These are genuine government documents legally obtained and declassified.

Sure they aren't going to tell everything because it would look bad. But when these guys get the declassfied documents it tells the whole story.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ohh I guess black vault is not like Rense.

With the amount of disinformation going around, I try not to trust anyone, especially mainstream media!

Surf

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Rense is crap. The black vault is basically just a document archive. It archives all the declassified stuff the government has as well as information obtained via the Freedom of Information Act. Look around on the site and you can find some very interesting stuff.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's not a fake. It happens all the time actually.

Other amusing events include a Norwegian farmer putting his shovel through the direct hotline from the White House to the Kremlin on its first day of operation.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow, that's crazy. I sure didn't know about that. Funny how the cold war SUPPOSEDLY ended when the Berlin Wall went down, yet even to this day Russia and the USA still really don't like each other. If nuclear armegeddon was ever initiated by mistake it would be an absolute shame. I pray to God that the Russians learned a lesson from this debacle and that it'll never happen again.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Seeing this makes me think of this new missle defense system the president is wanting to build. I am sure after these tense incidents above they would be more than extremely carefull.

But.... the technology they were working with at the time was top of the line and they knew it well also. Yet it still failed and let to the near end of the world more than a few times. Anyways what good is missle defense anyways. If some country is gonna launch a nuke at the u.s. it is not gonna be just one. They are gonna try to wipe it the freak out. They would lauch 100's. No system could take these out.

The only true defense is the MAD(Mutually Assured Destruction) Deal. Basically you blow us up and we're gonna blow you up with us. So if nukes are useless because your country would be destroyed anyways then why do we have nukes in the first place? I don't know.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppinmad1
Seeing this makes me think of this new missle defense system the president is wanting to build. I am sure after these tense incidents above they would be more than extremely carefull.

I recently read an article on Scientific American on this. It was basically on how bad this new system is and how is lack the ability to stop short range missiles launched from a submarine.

As you said only MAD is guarranteed.

Surf

new topics

top topics

join