posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:51 PM
a reply to: ChefSlug
9. and 4. are the two most immediately likely to happen in my opinion. And when I think of terrorist attack, I am looking at the full range of
possible terror incidents, not just Islamist. You could be talking racial or internal political too. And the queen is at that age when you really
could wake up and find out she died in her sleep tomorrow.
5. The Euro has issues and between Greece and the other PIIGS and the issues with Russia and gas ... this is an issue.
3. and 6. We have two more years before a woman president is even possible, and then you have to suppose that either Warren or Hillary can make more
Obama-style rhetoric palatable ... or that the GOP puts a woman up as a serious contender which hasn't happened thus far. So that adds at least four
years making six. That's a two years window of increasing tensions between Putin and Obama with a possible four more of who knows what between Putin
and whomever comes in next ... assuming nothing happens to Putin.
10. Man on Mars at the rate we're going, this one is at least 10 years out.
2. You want free, cheap non fossil fuel energy? Learn how to expand your reach into space and colonize other planetary bodies in this solar system.
They don't have oil. See the previous step.
3. When we start moving out from our own homeworld, we start becoming more interesting to other species who may or may not be out there. Or, we have a
much better chance of finding less advanced life out there that is still stuck on its own homeworld because let's be honest - a probe is a crap
1 and 7. I regard both of these as highly unlikely. Cancer is as much genetic as it is a disease. Each person's cancer is unique because it involves
their own DNA. While it's not impossible we will learn more and more effective ways to treat cancer, I doubt we will ever learn how to cure it
entirely so that you won't ever get it. And if we do, there will be people who will still get it because they will regard the treatments as a
conspiracy for the big pharma companies to simply make money off of them and inject them with poison.
And I don't think California is ever supposed to fall off of the Continental US. It's moving northward up the Coast. So the tectonic plates would
have to completely change direction in order for that to happen.