It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US releases DoD report on Israel's secret nuclear weapons program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I wonder what old Ronnie was thinking, or did he just not know about it? How many presidents have known about it since and kept it covered up? Is this just a convenient diversion or an ace in the hole to play against Netanyahu's upcoming visit? I don't know what to think anymore. If so many knew about it why was it allowed to continue? Why is it coming out now?

NEWS: US releases DoD report on Israel's secret nuclear weapons program

Sunday, 15 February 2015 23:54 Marie Neptune

In an unusual development with major implications, the U.S. government has made public an unclassified but heretofore unreleased 1987 report by the Department of Defense that describes Israel's work on a hydrogen bomb, Courthouse News reported Thursday.[1] -- Grant Smith, a researcher who sued to make the report public, explained the significance of the report: "It's our basic position that in 1987 the Department of Defense discovered that Israel had a nuclear weapons program, detailed it, and then has covered it up for 25 years in violation of the Symington and Glenn amendments, costing taxpayers $86 billion."

*snip*

Sen. Glenn's 1977 amendment calls for an end to aid to countries that import nuclear reprocessing technology.) -- Smith contends that because of these amendments more than $80 billion of the aid that has been given to Israel in the years since 1987 has been illegal, and that this was able to take place only thanks to gag orders that threaten U.S. security-cleared government agency employees and contractors who disclose that Israel has a nuclear weapons program with punishment. -- That Israel has a sophisticated nuclear weapons program is an open secret; in a piece published Saturday, Smith noted that 64% of Americans already know that Israel has nuclear weapons.[2] -- But as recently as December 2014, the Department of Defense was asserting in federal court that only Israel could release the report that has just been released, probably because of the implications of the admission for aid to Israel. -- Grant Smith concluded, sardonically: "On the eve of Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu’s visit to Congress and AIPAC to thwart a diplomatic deal over NNPT signer Iran’s civilian nuclear program, the report provides interesting reading to Americans tiring of U.S. government corruption on this important foreign aid law and the non-proliferation regime."

ufppc.org...

edit on 15-2-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Why have we given Israel 80 billion in aid in the first place? They are a rich country, their citizens having assets all over the world and many sending money home to Israel. Could it be that there are more than a few in high places in this country? They can influence the government to give money to people who do not need it to live?

I suppose they call this humanitarian aid or something because their government spends all their money developing weapons.

I have nothing against the people of Israel but I am not so happy with the behavior of their rulers.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Surely, you are pulling our leg with your comments?
At least, I would hope so.
edit on 15-2-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Sounds like Obama is having one of those "get even" days again.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like Obama is having one of those "get even" days again.

Another petulant Obama hissy-fit. It sure would be nice to have an actual adult in charge of the U.S.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Excellent news, I can't wait for Israel to be slapped with sanctions and for the IAEA to be given full uninterrupted access to all the zionists weapons labs so that they can finally be disarmed.

**crickets**

In other news in propagandaland, did you see how big Kim K's bum is? It was shown inbetween the latest beheadings and something about Ukraine, can't quite remember what exactly.

Did I mention Iran wants to Nuke Israel?

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I thought we all new about them up there on the list in the 1980's....

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Israel began that program 1950's...supposed 1st test with S.Africa in 1979

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Reagan was being a good little lap dog!

If it wasn't for the murders of pregnant women and wedding congregations, Obama would be the bravest President since JFK...

It's a real shame that despite his feelings towards Israeli policy he is still an evil psychopath.

Rant over!

This report release will probably lead to nothing important, it will just be a partisan play.

One upmanship is more important to these people than justice, righteousness & International Law.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This could force Obama's resignation.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Why have we given Israel 80 billion in aid in the first place? They are a rich country, their citizens having assets all over the world and many sending money home to Israel.

It's reparations for the Holocaust. You notice everytime anyone talks about reducing aid to Israel the first thing that comes up is the holocaust and how they suffered during it. It is also welfare for our military complex because Israel buys a lot of weapons for pennies on the dollar.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

How so? There was nothing wrong with him exposing a nations illegal weapons program. Hopefully this will lead to reduced or cutting off aid to Israel because they are a wealthy nation and can afford to pay their own bills. If they run short on cash they can always ask all the millionaires and billionaires that live in Israel to pony up the difference.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Excellent news, I can't wait for Israel to be slapped with sanctions and for the IAEA to be given full uninterrupted access to all the zionists weapons labs so that they can finally be disarmed.

Israel never signed the NPT so they won't be subject to any inspections. Even if they were to get searched people would start crying that Israel will be wiped off the map if they aren't allowed to keep their nukes.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Well while we're at it lets release the dirt on Pakistan. Goose, gander and all that.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony
Well while we're at it lets release the dirt on Pakistan. Goose, gander and all that.

They should. Every bit of info we have on these nations that didn't sign the NPT should be available for public inspection.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Presidents as far back as jimmy carter knew that Israel had or was working on nuclear weapons. They all let it slide in order to maintain a strong hold on the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

How so? There was nothing wrong with him exposing a nations illegal weapons program. Hopefully this will lead to reduced or cutting off aid to Israel because they are a wealthy nation and can afford to pay their own bills. If they run short on cash they can always ask all the millionaires and billionaires that live in Israel to pony up the difference.

The MSM will never let it happen.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think Obama has just about run out of strategic allies to throw under the bus.
Thank goodness he's trying so hard to make Cuba, the Muslim Brotherhood and Iran like him.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Is Israel not authorized to possess nuclear weapons?

I realize they got them from the French originally and sold them to South Africa (giving them the reputation as proliferators) but, this is scarcely an undisclosed secret, thermonuclear or not.

Seriously, what I am I missing here?
edit on 15-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I think Obama has just about run out of strategic allies to throw under the bus.
Thank goodness he's trying so hard to make Cuba, the Muslim Brotherhood and Iran like him.

Rumors of a State Dinner and reception for Kim Jong Un are circulating as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join