It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead infant's mom says 11-year-old suspect wanted sleepover

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
< big deep breath > Knowing how this kind of thing inflames peoples' emotions, this is the "softest" article I could find regarding this case. I chose this article in particular because it was the least descriptive in terms of injuries, the reported injuries in a few other articles make my blood boil. I've been mulling over posting about it for a few days, but it's been one of those things where I flip between indescribable anger at the kid, and heartbreaking empathy for the baby's mom. There is something very wrong with the kids of America.
What the flipping flip makes a kid do something like this to something (human, animal) so helpless!? The girl apparently showed no inclination toward violent tendencies prior to this, so what is at fault here for such a brutal act?

www.chicagotribune.com...

The mother of a 2-month-old who police suspect was beaten to death over the weekend by a friend's 11-year-old daughter said Tuesday it was the girl who asked that the baby stay overnight with her and her mother.

The 11-year-old has been charged with murder and is being held in a juvenile detention center. A judge entered a not guilty plea for the girl on Monday and has ordered a psychiatric evaluation.

The Associated Press is not naming the 11-year-old girl or her mother because of her age.

Wickliffe police say the girl awakened her mother at about 3:30 a.m. Friday holding the unconscious infant, Zuri Whitehead. The 2-month-old died during surgery about six hours later. The medical examiner has not released a cause of death, but police have said Zuri received extensive head and internal injuries.

If anyone reads other articles about this, reader beware. It's very difficult to read about with greater injury detail

+21 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
With all respect, what parents send a 2 month old over to another house overnight.
I've got a 6 month old, and he's a constant care for me and my wife. We have left him with my folks at times. . .
But overnight with an 11 year old, I would not trust that right now.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Wait ... why on earth would you let your 2-month-old stay with the 11-year-old daughter of a friend? Who thinks that is appropriate?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I definitely agree that leaving babies in the care if what is still in many regards also still a baby is questionable at best. I can't say that it's inherently asking for trouble to let an adult care for another's baby overnight, though. That kind of break can be the glue that holds people together assuming family isn't close enough. In this case, it seems that the 11 year old took the baby after her mom was asleep & did this.

I did notice the lack of fathers mentioned in the articles I've read, too. This looks at first glance like 2 single woman who've worked together for years who don't think twice about helping each other out. I definitely envy people in close enough relationships like that myself.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

With all respect, what parents send a 2 month old over to another house overnight.

The uneducated and immature kind. It's still a terrible tragedy though

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Situations like these are one of the reasons why I am not very trusting.
edit on 14-2-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Situations like these are one of the reasons why I am not very trusting.

No kidding. I didn't have anyone offer to watch mine for an afternoon, let alone overnight, but the mere thought did make me uncomfortable, personally. I have many friends who've allowed their friends to watch their kids/babies & vice versa, though, so I really can't get too judgmental about someone watching someone else's youngins. They put a lot of trust into each other & their respective families to do so, and they didn't become a horror story themselves.

I really do see a disturbing trend in kids the last generation or so, without the news fanning the flames. Kids do appear to be becoming more cold & aggressive, sociopathic behaviors are slowly becoming more common.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Maybe its the tinfoil speaking but I suspecth the mother (of the 11yo) most likely killed the baby and used her 11yo as the scape goat.

The girl and her mother thought Whitehead deserved a break from caring for the infant.

I only read the source linked in the OP, if there are more details I'm missing that rule this out, well Im happy to be called a crazy conspiracy theorist.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Demons exist.

Anything else is likely to breach T&Cs.

RIP!

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   
A few things jumped out at at me.

I'll start with letting someone else watch a two year old, yeah no. That seems weird to me. Then again I don't have any kids. There are maybe 5 people I would trust to watch my dog outside of my family.

Trina

Ruh roh.

With three kids and it doesn't sound like a father is involved, yikes.

The medical examiner has not released a cause of death, but police have said Zuri received extensive head and internal injuries.

Gonna be real sad if the 11 year old was trying to be sweet and ended up dropping the kid down some stairs (not saying any cause isn't incredibly sad).

Whitehead said she almost declined the offer because it was so late and she was not prepared, but she relented when they insisted.

Just seems weird to me, again no kids, understand new parents must be desperate for a break, but shoot, 2 months old seems to young. WAY too young when it's an 11 year old that seems to be the one that wants to watch the kid.

The two women met in 2008 while working in the medical clinic at the Cuyahoga County jail and remained fast friends, Whitehead said.

Umm... working in what capacity? Were they both in jail or something and this was some inmate work program?

Whitehead said she tried to shield her other children from their baby sister's death, but they have nonetheless learned what happened. Whitehead's 7-year-old and 4-year-old son began kissing the television screen when one of the local stations aired Zuri's picture, she said.

Doesn't sound like she was trying too hard... Also WTF media... How about not posting pictures of dead kids, you sick Fs. A deceased child should have the same rights living children do about posting their names and pictures.

This thing smells fishy to me. I'm a little jaded I guess. WOuldn't be surprised if Mom killed the kid or the other Mom did and blamed the 11 year old. Also wouldn't be surprised if the 11 year old did.

OP, why not post the articles with the most information? I'm going completely off the one you posted. I'm going to go look at others and see where my opinion goes.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Demonic. The human was probably not in control.

These demons are the same ones you think are dead people, and many of you try to contact. Ignorant fools, always defending them while they play you for fools, and are ripping apart the fabric of human society.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
As far as we know the cause of death is not revealed. We don't know if it was accidental or intentional from the 11yr old. All this demonic talk is premature to say the least.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

The overlords of humanity are invisible wicked spirit forces. And they influence you, and control many. The end-game is your death.

In the meantime continue to watch the unraveling of human society. I know many here already are conduits of them, while others search for them in stupid ignorance.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I think sometime in the past I posted about this,but my sister who is a psychiatric Nurse,said that during her rotation training,(where they make you work different floors for experience)she ended up on the emergency ward,where the doctors were explaining that they are seeing an influx of younger and younger patients with SEVERE mental disorders. They said that they believe the reason for this is due to the increase in harder and harder drugs that teenagers have been taking. The fact that more Teens do drugs during their pregnancies doesn't help at all either. During the fetus' development stages the drugs do a lot of damage to the unborn child. In time the child grows and suddenly you start realizing that there is a lack of empathy and emotions from this child. It can not see where murder is wrong,or feel any emotions for having done murder.

Further more,you have young teens trying to raise these kids and they are not emotionally mature yet themselves,therefore they can not supply the empathy and lessons to teach the baby as is grows.They can't give the child the structure of a stable home environment to teach them right from wrong,good from bad,legal from illegal,or anything else. Basically their kids grow up like animals almost with no real direction or moral codes to guide them.Right becomes whatever they can get away with.Legal doesn't matter if they don't get caught.In time they DO learn what it takes to not get caught if they are half way smart.

basically we are digressing as a species at this point.I won't say there is no hope for us,but we need to learn a totally new way of doing things if we are to over come the ills of the society we live in now.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Ok here goes..for what it's worth to add to this little debate. I've had parents leave their infant in my care, and not think twice about it which has made me ask myself enough questions about them. Luckily I'm not mentally Ill and with the knowledge I had based mostly on instinct at the time I was able to manage rather well.

That being said they obviously must have trusted me, although I don't have children of my own. Just goes to show that some people will in fact do it, and sometimes there are no sad endings.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

I am 58 years old and was a police officer for over 15 years and was raised by a police officer as a child.
I have seen very many horrible instances of violence and death in my life but I have never seen anything resembling a demon. It is so easy to say that it was not the persons fault because they were not in charge of their own bodies but the fact is people can be incredibly evil. It is not worse today than it was 100 year ago. It is only seen more now because of media and internet access.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Can you please share some linkys? my internet is full of ells and I dont know how Google

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

I don't believe in demons or invisible wicked spirits. You're barking at the wrong dude. I believe in bad people. A product of bad genetics or a bad environment or both.

Whether this girl is one of those bad apples we don't not yet know.
edit on 15-2-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I definitely agree that leaving babies in the care if what is still in many regards also still a baby is questionable at best. I can't say that it's inherently asking for trouble to let an adult care for another's baby overnight, though. That kind of break can be the glue that holds people together assuming family isn't close enough. In this case, it seems that the 11 year old took the baby after her mom was asleep & did this.

I did notice the lack of fathers mentioned in the articles I've read, too. This looks at first glance like 2 single woman who've worked together for years who don't think twice about helping each other out. I definitely envy people in close enough relationships like that myself.

I read many articles regarding this child and the circumstances. At times I was going to post about it, then at times I thought best of it, I don't know why. The true horror of it maybe. It's heartbreaking that this is how dead our kids are inside. Neither mom saw it coming, and in a very real sense, both moms lost their children here. One to the system, the other to the morgue. I don't envy either of them, at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to: Lucid Lunacy
Your belief system matters little.

And there are plenty of police who have seen supernatural events. A person's narrow and limited viewpoint is based on their own worldview. Too many imagine that if they haven't experienced it no one else has.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join