It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FFS! What century is it!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I just read this gem about raging "Cristians Against Dinosaurs". And Flat Earth enthusiasts are still around. Hell, we still wrangle about race relations and civil rights. IS/ISIS/ISIL are running around the desert like it's a barbaric Game of Thrones spoof. Not to mention Russia and US are at it again. Even AC/DC performed at the Grammys. LoL!

I'm sick of this old school, archaic BS! Elevate already!

Humanity is so busy looking in the rearview mirror, we're about to run off the road. It's ridiculous.

/indignant, whiney rant

(with apologies to AC/DC but, come on, you know that school boy uni is creepy)
edit on 2/13/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Like 10th century it seems?

Yeah, I'm on board with that. I'm very unapologetic towards ACDC however. That man needs a lozenge.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I think the flat Earth guys and girls don't believe - they use the theories as a game/exercise to show that you can prove that the Earth is flat, whilst not believeing it.

A bit of a debating game.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I guess that's what happens when you no longer have to grow your own food, cultivate it, preserve it... wash your laundry by hand, hang it, dry it... go into the woods and chop down trees, chop it further into firelogs, haul it back home, stack it... walk to your local water source and haul back a couple buckets full so that you can make a cup of tea.

Etc and so forth.

Idle hands... or some such thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Maybe, but someone, somewhere actually believes that crap. And some believe the bible is literal. And, worse, Madonna is still selling CDs and they're going to do another sequel to Ghostbusters but where is my flying car?

a reply to: tothetenthpower

He really, really does.
lol!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You're right - to make you more angry.... Those people who believe the Bible is literal often push their beliefs on to their children in a very forceful manner.

As for depriving children of the knowledge of dinosaurs, that's a sin - kids LOVE dinosaurs!!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I think there is a lot of truth in your comment. If we were more occupied and focused on a goal, we would necessarily be more productive and have less time to squabble or be idiots.

Maybe that's a good argument for why humanity can't seem to progress beyond a certain point? We get to a certain point, rest on our laurels and suddenly start regressing.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Yeah, we live in a completely screwed up world and that's exactly the way they want it. Us at each other's throat and more wars to make money from. Race baiting to keep the pot stirred here at home and make more restrictive laws so they have an excuse to invade what little privacy we have left.

(with apologies to AC/DC but, come on, you know that school boy uni is creepy)

When Angus straps on that ax, there ain't nothin' creepy about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Some things I wish we would go more old-school on. I'm so sick of iphones. My daughter has one in her hands constantly. I struggle to get her to put it down. I used to be that way with books - always carrying one around and reading it. Somehow, I don't think that was as bad. Those were the good old days...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

It certainly seems that way.

Because of advanced technologies, we now have more time to file complaints, file lawsuits, protest this, protest that, spy on our neighbours, pay more attention to the useless trivial things, etc etc.

So blame all the nuttiness in the world on the invention of the washing machine, microwave oven, electricity, and running water.

We don't hear Zulu tribes in Africa complaining about dinosaurs, do we ?

They're too busy milking their goats and grinding wheat into flour.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
DO...NOT ... TRASH ... ACDC!

I don't care what Century it is. Some things are just sacred.

Mini Rant...

Peace

edit on 13-2-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Humanity is the sum total of all opinions. And as they say, "Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they all stink."

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You do realize dinosaurs are a lie of the devil, right? He planted all those faux skeletons to test our faith. How can you be so blind to the truth? I will pray for you, but you need to go to the church, and let the elders lay hands on you. I pray it will open your eyes to the wiles of the devil.

Cue choir:
Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

Sorry. I had a flashback.

edit on 2/13/2015 by Klassified because: corrections and more corrections

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What did you expect, it's Earth.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Twenty five years from now people will still be rocking out to back in black.
Katy Perry will be long forgotten.
New doesn't mean better.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

a reply to: jude11

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You got that right! Here,

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

You're no doubt right but they are still last century.
They released that song in 1980. Coincidentally, at the height of the cold war...and now they are back and we're grudging on Russia again.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
How about the fact that no one can seem to release a genuine NEW movie anymore. Ok I don't really mean no one... but certainly almost no one. Everything's a sequel, a prequel, a remake, a reboot, a reboot of a reboot of a reboot (looking at you spiderman). Creativity seems to have died and everyone just looks back and says "hey that was a good movie, let's just redo it instead of coming up with something original." It's like they just keep hitting rewind.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Djarums
It's like they just keep hitting rewind.

Exactly!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join