It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any advice for ATS success?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I had an account here once. I was ostracized for not being popular enough, my ratings were too low.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Eat both the red and blue pills but don't forget to excrete them later.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

agree with everyone and tell them how clever they are

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

And you should think yourself lucky!

I never got an ostrich, only this rubber chicken.

(welcome back to the nuthouse).

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Donate AT LEAST $1,000.00 via Paypal to the site and become a Black Project Leader. Stars, flags and acceptance will follow

Seriously though, being ostracized for not being popular enough sounds like high school-stuff, and I guess I can kind of relate since I barely post anything here, just lurk around mostly.. but like, the best thing you can do is not give a single sh** what people think of you here, or anywhere for that matter.

In lieu of that, just pay ATS the $1,000.00. Also: click on all the NLBS videos.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I had an account here once. I was ostracized for not being popular enough, my ratings were too low.

Sure.

Decide whether you wish to be a mindless debunker or a mindless devotee
of one or more fringe topics. In either case, watch for unwary individuals
who are new to ATS and "jump them", scoring points for your clique.
Make sure to identify the clique leader in each topic and kiss up
to them repeatedly. If you wait five to ten years, they will eventually
get bored, and you might get to take their spot!

Or you could write high quality posts, but that takes work and you won't
necessarily be appreciated by anyone.

As far as stars and flags, they are all corrupted since a former software
upgrade, so they are basically useless. Some people have millions of
stars and flags and can barely write a coherent sentence --- so you
needn't worry about that!

Frankly the words "ATS Success" make me scratch my head.... this is an
Internet chat forum...

Kev

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

My number one advice is just to accept the fact that anything you say will anger somebody with the opposite beliefs. It's unavoidable and do not let it get to you.

You are here to give YOUR opinion on the matter, not parrot somebody else's agenda!

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Watch and repeat as often as needed.

edit on 2/8/15 by GENERAL EYES because: fixed video embed

(post by YouHadToDoIt removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Never use the word "PROOF" in your thread titles. Please. And be polite.
Most of the serious members here don't care about ratings.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Flags and stars are meaningless. This is something you can learn at ATS.

I suggest an extremely open mind. You will run across thoughts that seem very extreme, seem crazy. Many of them will turn out to be just that. A few, however, will start to fit together like a jigsaw. Over time it will grow into a more understandable picture.

Don't go after the mods. Don't argue issues with them in threads. Don't reply to their posts. Discussing issues with them isn't worth it. Most are great. Eventually you'll find the few that can't handle discussion fairly. Avoid the whole problem.

Include information in your posts. If your post is one line then it is likely pretty useless. When giving your opinion, provide a link that supports or discusses your opinion. Opinions are like @$$'s...everyone's got one. Some aren't very pretty.

Don't swear. It's unfriendly, especially for a welcome post.

Don't always follow the rules. Accept the punishment by the 'system' when it comes like a badge of honor.

Don't seek badges of honor. Seek understanding.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Dont mess with the pro gun crowed.

Make sure you don't just dislike Obama but despise him with all your energy

O and there are certain groups you can bash and certain others you have to put on pedestals

edit on 9-2-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Grow a thick skin , stick to your guns , and do the research or you will get mauled alive

and welcome back

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
"success" is in the eyes of the beholder

just getting your viewpoints out to a readership is success for me

I wish ATS was around back around 1991 through 2001 when I was warning people & gov't agencies of what would become 911 at the pentagon & wtc and a 3rd target by ME zealots in commercial passenger jets

my latest insight is about the Obama administration along with the Muslim Brotherhood in secret negotiations to let Iran/Persia develop their nukes/atomic explosives so as to control or else destroy the radical Sunni Jihad of IS-ISIS-ISIL
edit on th28142349192009252015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I suppose you would first have to ask yourself why you are here in the first place. Being popular isn't the be all, end all. ATS is about hearing what is going on in the world, and participating in topics with your unique point of view.

If you use ATS for that, you get respect of others even when they disagree because a good discussion cannot be one sided, it must have many sides and many points of view.

Be an intelligent person, participate in more than one forum here, and stick around for a while. Friends come with time.

Welcome to ATS.
edit on 9-2-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Lurk.

& whatever you do, do not engage.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I was ostracized for not being popular enough

Look around out there in the world at who's 'popular'. Bleh. Set your bar a lot higher than that. Any oaf can strip naked and run down the street for attention.

I applaud you for having a goal, but since I have no frame of reference for a desire to be popular, I can only say that the people here I admire most are the ones who are the honest seekers who are here to advance their personal awareness and by doing so, elevate us all.

This site is not any different than any collection of people. 10% quality, 90% not. And we won't all agree on which member falls where.

That's where the fun of exploration lives. Search out what you find interesting, participate as you care to, popularity be damned. Nobody wins anything, anyway. The prize is your own enjoyment.

Now I'm not intentionally denigrating anyone specifically, but given what I've said about 90/10, it could be that popularity is more a measure of mediocrity than anything else.
edit on 2/9/15 by MrDesolate because: Crappy keyboard

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I had an account here once. I was ostracized for not being popular enough, my ratings were too low. Any advice for ATS success?

Yeah, if you can shoot lightining out of your ass and film it and then prove it`s not fake, you will be extremely popular

But seriously, It`s not a competition...If you look at my profile, you can see I barely post anything. Mostly just lurking around, reading things...and am completely satisfied doing so. You can find really good stuff here, that should be your goal to educate and entertain yourself. Just don`t buy into everything...use your own mind and feelings about stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Don't be afraid to put your pole in the ground and defend ita reply to: Profusion

join