It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery ash covers parts of Washington, Oregon states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
From CNN

A substance described as "white stuff" and "milky rain" is covering parts of Washington and Oregon states, but its origin is a mystery.

okay..

"We have received reports of 'white stuff' on vehicles. The ash is more than likely from the Volcano Shiveluch," Washington state's Walla Walla County Emergency officials said in statement.

The volcano, located on the Kamchatka peninsula in extreme northeast Russia, "spewed an ash plume to about the 20,000-foot level in late January," the agency says. "It has been deposited in a widespread area, including Washington and Oregon."

"While the substance is likely ash is from Volcano Shiveluch, they are a number of volcanoes that are currently active," they say. "The source of the material has not been scientifically confirmed."

And the ash may be from another part of the world.

"The strong southerly flow from the jet stream could have brought it from an active volcano in southwest Colima, Mexico. But if we go farther west towards eastern Russia, there's another active volcano there," says CNN Meteorologist Derek Van Dam. The Mexican volcano is near Guadalajara and erupted Wednesday.

The distances between the volcanoes and the Washington/Oregon areas are staggering -- the Russian volcano is 4,000 miles away and the volcano in Mexico is more than 2,000 miles away.

Well now looks like the Jetstream is really an efficient carrier. This is interesting to me because it shows a model of what could happen with a SUPER volcano eruption and how it could cripple most of the planet..IMHO..Chilling but interesting none the less.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Thats not good... a month only and it traveld that far if a "SUPER" were to go off we'd be F-ed a reply to: DjembeJedi

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

Yes I believe we would be looking at a planetary ELE if lets say the Yellowstone Caldera blew.. I HOPE we never find out!

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Im use to watch activity at yellowstone but id be an old hermit before it goes off ele is an understatement i smoke id be one of the first to go lol... i did notice though solar flares have an intricate reaction solar flare goes off earthquakes happen its scary all it would take is a big enough solar flare...a reply to: DjembeJedi

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I opened this thread in the Hope that the "Mystery" Ash would be a "Mystery". Boooooo

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
I opened this thread in the Hope that the "Mystery" Ash would be a "Mystery". Boooooo

"While the substance is likely ash is from Volcano Shiveluch, they are a number of volcanoes that are currently active,"

Thus making it a mystery...

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
A super would not be an extinction level event like I'm thinking it (asteroid to dinosaurs), but it would likely be a civilization-ending event like it has been in the past. Things would be ugly for years, and if Yellowstone went, the US would be toast as would Canada.

At least I think a super has gone off while mankind was here on earth. But it may be as bad as a nuclear war without the radiation. And species would die off. Still I think plenty of life would emerge from the other side.
edit on 7-2-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This event should be sufficient to remind us....If the Russian \volcano is the culprit....where did all that Fukishima radiation go to?
pretty much the same winds aint they?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
A super volcano eruption would be heard thousands of miles away, yellowstone would cover most of north & South America in 9ft piles of ash, & the skies around the world would be notably darker for an extended period of time.

A super volcano eruption would also erupt for 4months straight, minimum.

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's sort of funny to me, how there is such an increase in major eruptions and methane leaks these days.

It's like Earth is saying "Oh, you guys think you are something huh? I got your pollution RIGHT HERE BUDDY!"

The ELE is well under way, by the way... learn about "self-reinforcing feedback loops." We have personally triggered 25 as of the posting of this video in 2013 (Edit: currently that number has grown to 40):

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face."
-Mike Tyson

"We've been punched in the face."
-Guy McPherson

Love each other, don't waste time.
edit on 7-2-2015 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yea really at this point weve gone to far into damaging the planet she has taken her blows only matter of time before the unseen right hooks start flying your right we should all love each other and figure out how to slow it down and stop destroying the planet that was created to sistain us...a reply to: Aqualung2012

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Our local NPR as well as the link below are blaming the ash-caused milky rain ...,or whatever it is, on dust storms in Nevada.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

edit on 17-2-2015 by Look2theSacredHeart because: stupid phone double posted

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DjembeJedi
a reply to: ATF1886

Yes I believe we would be looking at a planetary ELE if lets say the Yellowstone Caldera blew.. I HOPE we never find out!

You never know... tomorrow or sometime in the next 100,000 years, I guess I better stock up some more...hehe

Talking about ash in the NW is pretty much a given. With our own volcanoes and that we are in the jet stream for just about all of them in the ring of fire it would be weird if we didn't have some kind of ash any given year...

edit on 18-2-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

It's sort of funny to me, how there is such an increase in major eruptions and methane leaks these days.

The reason might be due to a finding that radioactivity on earth increases when sunspot activity decreases which in itself could be increasing the temperature and pressure in the earths core. The current sunspot cycle is weakest in the last century and some people suspect that the sun might enter another Maunder Minimum. There are many reports of increased volcanic during the last Maunder Minimum which coincided with what people call the little ice age.
edit on 18 2 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Since I don't see where anyone followed up on the cause, I'll fill ya in. It turned out to be something rather boring. A windstorm picked up a bunch of dirt from a dried out basin in Southern Oregon and carried it in the jet stream, to be deposited further NE in parts of Oregon and Eastern Washington.

At least it wasn't raining frogs.

join