It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excellent Review of the Weapons being used in the Ukraine conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I found this recent and extremely detailed review of almost all of the different weapon types being used in the Ukraine conflict and wanted to share it with people interested in the subject.

armamentresearch.com...

The discussion of many different photos from the conflict is focused on the types of weapons and distinguishing the variants and modifications. It's extremely technical and seems very well done. The report is from an Aussie company that specializes in this type of activity.

The conclusions are pretty much what most people accept about the conflict:
- Most arms seen in the conflict are domestically available in Ukraine.
- It is very likely that the pro-separatists have received some level of external support. (including small arms, light weapons, guided light weapons, heavier weapons systems, and armoured vehicles)
- Landmines, cluster munitions, and incendiary munitions have all been used in the conflict.

I'm still reading through...it's a massive report. Enjoy and share your thoughts...

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Good report.

Despite the presence of arms, munitions, and armoured vehicles designed, produced, and allegedly even sourced from Russia, there remains no direct evidence of Russian government complicity in the trafficking of arms into the area

edit on 6-2-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Heres a weapon you wont here about too often employed against the evils of war in the Ukraine. . .

The Hare Krishnas chanting down the streets of Ukraine FTW!

They are an unstoppable force of divine tambarine playing, drumming, danceing, peace mongers!
edit on 6-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

That's funny! Reminds me of trips there where the Hare Krishnas are still roaming free and chanting up a storm. They have mostly been exported/deported from N. America now.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Not sure if this report is legit but . According to Donetsk People's Republic's forces, ammunition designed for NATO countries had been found in Ukraine. sputniknews.com...

"The Donetsk People's Republic (DPR) forces have found ammunition used exclusively in NATO countries that the Ukrainian Army is not usually equipped with, Deputy Donetsk Militia Commander Eduard Basurin said Tuesday.

"These types of ammunition are designed for NATO countries. One of them [devices] is equipped with a base fuse. For instance, when this type of ammunition hits the wall, it blasts and destroys it [wall]. The Ukrainian forces do not have this type of ammunition," Basurin said, demonstrating the ammunition to journalists. " a reply to: noeltrotsky

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The two most common NATO rounds are the 7.62×51mm round and the 5.56×45mm round. These rounds are used in a large variety of firearms. I've never fired a weapon that uses NATO rounds so I'm unsure if their place of origin can be determined from the spent brass alone, but I'd venture to say that the DPR is looking for evidence of NATO weapons in Ukraine. I would not be surprised in the least for this to be true, honestly.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hard to say from where I am sitting .I still question the UN helicopter that was being used earlier on in the conflict .Seems that the US has admitted to being involved for quite some time and has spent billions on the project .They seem to have had a plan to naturalize Russia so they can get on with the war plans of overthrowing the rest that was on their hit list or was that Israels list ?? a reply to: ScientificRailgun

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I can accept the claim that some US made weapons are getting into Ukraine. I have heard that some Baltic countries are supplying lethal weapons support to Ukraine and while Poland denies it I have reason to suspect them as well. I think it is extremely limited however and so far you only see ammo being photographed. Probably means a large calibre NATO gun that was using the ammo was in use by Ukraine.

That's a Sputnik story I can buy.

It's only going to get worse I think.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I guess ammo is dual definition goods....both offensive and defensive......
Im not surprised they have some NATO rounds....
Im a little chagrinned that we haven't supported the Ukraine government more fully......
It looks like the help will be as usual, too little too late.....
Perhaps Russia and Nato have swapped Ukraine for Syria?

A snippet would be nice the list will take 23 minutes to download on my wifi.....

edit on 6-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join