It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Now I've Seen Everything" File; You're too nice to strangers, your punishment is a kidnapping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Family kidnapped their own 6 year old boy for 4 hours to "teach him a lesson" because he was too nice to strangers

6-year-old Missouri boy’s family were arrested for allegedly making him believe he was being kidnapped in order to teach him a lesson about talking to strangers, the St Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

Authorities said the boy’s mother, 25-year-old Elizabeth Hupp, along with his 38-year-old aunt, Denise Kroutil and grandmother, 58-year-old Rose Brewer kept in touch via cell phone during the 4-hour incident. They also allegedly enlisted Kroutil’s co-worker, 23-year-old Nathan Firoved, to lure the boy into his truck after school on Monday.

Once there, Firoved allegedly told the boy he would be “nailed to the wall of a shed” and that he would never see his mother again. He then tied the boy’s hands and feet up with plastic bags while covering his head with a jacket.

Ok the family I can see being dumb enough to go along with this. It's in the gene pool. There's no hop for them anymore. But the co-worker too? I don't know whether to feel sorry for the guy for being suckered into this mess, or glad he's out of the gene pool game as well!

“Family members told investigators their primary intent was to educate the victim and felt they did nothing wrong,” authorities said in a statement.

After making sure the boy could not see where he was going, Firoved allegedly led him to the basement of his own home, where Kroutil took the boy’s pants off, warned him he could be sold into “sex slavery” and scolded him for not resisting her.

Sometimes it is best not to ask questions. Don't comment either. Just run. Run as fast as you can or you'll be suckered into the black hole of stupid too.

The boy informed school officials about the incident on Wednesday. On Thursday, Hupp was charged with abuse or neglect of a child and felony kidnapping. Brewer, Firoved and Kroutil face the same charges, plus additional charges of felonious restraint.

It would seem the child is missing some of the genes from this family's gene pool. Thank goodness! This family really rates up there on the messed up scale!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This will be an interesting one when it gets to court.

How can you be charged with kidnapping when you pick up a child from school with the permission of parents?

I think the family are nuts but once again the authorities are behaving stupidly as well.

The only sensible one here seems to be the lad.

I wonder if the care of the state his life will take a nose dive to oblivion.

P

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Well that's one way to teach a kid about the dangerous of pedophilia and just general crazy people who will and do abduct people.

Tho it would be rather traumatizing. And holding someone like that is technically illegal lol. But presuming the parents don't get arrested. This kids gunna come straight home now

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
wonder if the care of the state his life will take a nose dive to oblivion.

It probably already has.....but within his" people circle" there doesn't spear to be much hope either.....

edit on 6-2-2015 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
eh maybe, Usually with proper support along with traumatizing experiences it builds a very strong character.
This kid will be less gulible. I'm just trying to look at the bright side of this because it's not like they can just unlearn his experience (Yet).

Or this could trigger his dorment obession for kidnapping when hes older xD Thus becoming a kidnapper himself being like whoa i can kidnap people. I'm find all the people i want and catch em all!!!

I guess that's socializing in some form. An opressive form anyways. Lol that's just a worst case scenario. It's more likely this kid will be more wise after his families in jail and he has to contemplate if it was worth it lol.
If he holds it against them that's his issue, if not. They may still end up in jail. We will find out! In several months when the court case is finished.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
This will be an interesting one when it gets to court.

How can you be charged with kidnapping when you pick up a child from school with the permission of parents?

I think the family are nuts but once again the authorities are behaving stupidly as well.

The only sensible one here seems to be the lad.

I wonder if the care of the state his life will take a nose dive to oblivion.

P

I was thinking that one myself too. I can see the coworker getting into serious crap creek without the paddle as he's not related. Maybe the aunt and uncle as they can technically kidnap a child. (custodial interference maybe???) The state can get real creative with that stuff. I think mom might get the lesser sentence but the kid taken away if the lawyer can get the state to take a plea. I went to the St. Louis news link and answered the stupid survey questions. I took the hit for y'all, I care that much. You're welcome.

It seems the police cannot locate the father.

The child was placed into protective custody. Police said they have been unable to locate the boy’s father.

Jerry Dunn, executive director at Children’s Advocacy Services of Greater St. Louis, would not comment directly on the case. But speaking in general, she said taking actions that disrupt a child’s trust and sense of security hurts healthy development.

“Kids at that age need their physical and psychological safety,” said Dunn, whose center at the University of Missouri-St. Louis serves traumatized children.

“If that is compromised, it can have a really profound effect on their functioning and their future interactions with the world.”

Dunn said that’s especially true when the trauma involves people with whom they have a strong emotional attachment.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
When i first read this i was lost for words!, now its had time to sink in, that kid's family are completely f@#ked up in the head, what a bunch of complete bastards!, im glad the kid had the balls to tell someone, why couldnt they just sit with him, in front of a p.c, and show the kid news reports of abductions, and explain to him what could happen, and tell him who to trust & who not to trust. I can see this kid needing alot of counciling in the future. I hope the courts completely throw the book at them, and lock 'em up, and place the kid with some good people.
All the best.
B. V. H.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

So, just to clarify, the family thought that the lad was too trusting of strangers, and so to combat that problem, they eroded his trust in THE FAMILY ITSELF?

There is a difference between not trusting strangers, and not trusting anyone. This is either the most awfully stupid thing, or one of the most amateurishly evil things, that I have ever heard of. Kids are MEANT to be innocent, they are MEANT to be free to be nice to people, because adulthood is a cluster copulation of epic magnitude, and offers plenty of opportunities for a person to become sour, distrustful, fearful and weak of character.

The answer to that situation is not to sour a child before they are grown, but to protect the child with every fibre, cell, and organic structure of which one is comprised as a parent, to watch with unrelenting vigilance, to be ever present, and ready to defend ones offspring from harm. One does not place that responsibility on ones child. That is NOT a loving thing to do.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well said

There are dangers out there, but they are not hiding around every corner as most seem to think.

Until the stupid parents had him kidnapped nothing had happened to the child, even though he talked to most people. The fact that he talked to most people probably meant the child had become a very good judge of charactor, and would be more able to sense the nasty people than those kids who are kept away from reality.

Most kids are not stupid! Allow them freedom and they learn to spot the crazies.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
No matter what your viewpoint on this is, whether the family is right or wrong, one things for certain....

This kid is definitely NOT going to be talking to strangers. I think he has a pretty good chance of never getting kidnapped by some kiddie pervert.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Well I do not know about that.

Nothing in life is as certain to drive people into the arms of strangers, as not being able to trust their own blood.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is child abuse. Total psycho BS.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This family is so completely insane it makes you wonder if they are all nutters, or all on drugs or something. I feel for this kid because they might have messed him up for life. It's going to take major counseling to get through this one.

top topics

join