It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My incredible Chako is gone!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Awwww....wow! How incredible. You didn't do anything wrong. Your baby understood that you had to leave that day. I'm sure he/she expected it as always. Maybe your friend felt it better to go while you were away so you wouldn't have to witness it. My friend on the other hand basically told me no...don't take me to that place to be put down. Just as we were about to load Chako into our car, we sat him down on the porch and he just went...he was gone. He did it his way. He was a stubborn soul...lol!

That's a brave thing for any living being to do and I'm sure your friend left when they did for the right reason. Don't beat yourself up about it. Besides, your friend sent you a new canine friend for you to teach and love because they knew you were right for the job.

Thank you for your kindest words and I wish you the best in the future with your new friend.

Be true and loyal...just as they are to you

Ps
By the way, you really made my heart melt!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1
Thank you! People always second guess everything eh? And I think you're right about a new love being sent to heal the heart. Hugs to you.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

Most definitely, you may know but often we don't know why something or someone comes into our lives.

One day you wake up feeling like life is good again after all the agony. I think that's your gift from your friend. They want you to keep giving your love and to be a strong loving teacher for the pack energy so they may one day be a singularity and break away from the pack to become one of us. The next thing you know, one day you'll have a human friend for life. You'll meet them at first and feel like you've known them your whole life. Fact is...maybe you did know them your whole life. Maybe that's your packs energy combined into one watching and caring for you till the end...just as you did them. Kind of weird I know, but it's just something I believe.

Your friend was a wise one indeed and loved you much

We all need each other!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss, he looked like a majestic beastie!. Its been 8yrs since i lost my germ shep cross and i still miss him loads. Your chako looked like the type if dog id get on with, i like larger breeds.
All the best and take it easy.
B. V. H

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

That was a sad read.... I didn't like it.

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
That was heartbreaking to read mate...

Don't know what to say...

Except, I hope you and Shottas are ok.

RIP General!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Awe he was a beautiful dog. I feel your pain, I lost my dog about ten years ago and I still cry about it at times.
I would give up the world to have my buddy back especially because I feel like I failed him in someway.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm am so sorry for your loss.

You know, myself, I always wonder, why do we put ourselves through it? If we are lucky, we have them in our lives 10 years. We know what is going to happen. We know how bad it's going to hurt.

Then you fall in love again. And the pain lessens, until only happy memories remain.

And having had 4 dogs put down, peacefully, at home, in my arms, I would never want to do it any other way. No matter how many months I cry afterward.

You obviously gave him a loving, fulfilling life. Be proud of that. I would also say to remember to be thankful you had him, but it's pretty clear you know that already.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm so sorry! I know how it is to lose a beloved dog, but my "heart dog" is still with me and I was just thinking yesterday of how impossible it would be to lose him! I am sorry for your broken heart.

If I can offer a suggestion... Go ahead and grieve at this time. And then move on. For the benefit of your other dog. Be a strong presence in his life so he can take a cue from you and know that you are strong and will take care of him.

RIP Chako, you beautiful boy!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss.

We had a beautiful Husky for almost 15 years.....she passed away in 2008 at home, after going into a coma for two days.
She had been ill, so it wasn't a surprise.

But the pain.....I know....and the sadness.

It will ease in time.

[[[HUGS]]]

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I'm so sorry! I know how it is to lose a beloved dog, but my "heart dog" is still with me and I was just thinking yesterday of how impossible it would be to lose him! I am sorry for your broken heart.

If I can offer a suggestion... Go ahead and grieve at this time. And then move on. For the benefit of your other dog. Be a strong presence in his life so he can take a cue from you and know that you are strong and will take care of him.

RIP Chako, you beautiful boy!

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement BH! That really means a lot to me right now and he was a great friend indeed...the best friend I've ever had in my life...ever! I haven't responded much to post lately because my Shots has been having some digestive issues that involve some bleeding in his stool (obviously, I panicked and ran him to ER, where he's never been before). So, I've been back and forth to his vet over the past couple of days to make sure he's okay.

The labs look good, he is after all a senior. But I worry about him. I've had him on a liquid diet until today and he's doing better...just still incredibly sad
as we all are. We'll get through this and I've been through this before with my other fur babies. It's just that CHako was so different from the rest...so regal, so proud, so protective. Yet, gentile and ever wise...like a human.

We'll pull through. I had a dream about Chako the night I composed this post. He appeared in my dream over weight with a thicker than normal coat and seemed very unhealthy and concerned about something and like he didn't quite know me, but he came to me and I was able to pet him and then poof...he just disappeared!

Twenty Four (24) hours later, I took Shots to the Vet and found nothing really, except for some "gray area" abnormalities in his lab work with his pancreas. Mostly Shots is doing well, all his lab work was near perfect except for some readings with his pancreas, but not enough to really call it an issue yet. We're all just trying to deal with the lost of his only friend...his best friend and our greatest friend ever (at least my greatest friend ever). His Lil' Big Brother.

I'll keep you all posted if you're interested. I'm seriously considering doing a documentary on dogs that loose their loved one...maybe their only friend. I think it would be great. The sadness is so compelling...very sad to witness.

Thank you for the kind words, our family sincerely appreciates all the love you guys have shown.

Love All of You on ATS...thanks

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Thank you DTOM...I can't even begin to tell you how sad it all was and how surreal it was witnessing the passing of my best friend...my only friend too much like Shottas. I know you understand...you've already been there. This is the first time I had my fur friend pass in front of me. It felt like the most horrible event ever...even though my Dad passed in my arms. I think the difference is that, Chako could not speak, he could not tell me what his pain was if any and that really hurts me to this day. I hope I did the right thing by letting him leave at his home.I looked at him in his eyes and told him, "it's okay Chako, you can go." He was gone just 3 minutes later. I did the same thing with my Dad, but he went much faster. Both of them in my arms when they passed. Now, I'm left here to remember them every day of my life. That's how important he was to me. He was like my canine father...if that makes any sense. Much, much like my human father. The only difference was Chako didn't talk, but he did sing...lol!

So many people tell me, I should have had him put down in a humane way. I thought, I did let him go in a universal way...the way he wanted to go...in a humane way. I wanted so many times to have him euthanized...but I just couldn't do it, I just couldn't. I looked him in his eyes and he was like "no...not like that...please don't put me down like that." So I never did. It's almost like he wanted to go at home with his family. So that's what I did against what everyone else in my family wanted or thought best...I let him go his way.

Chako did everything his way...had I let him, he would have been Alpha. Secretly, he and I both knew he was Alpha, he just let me pretend for awhile...lol! But when it was just the two of us...he was always Alpha...always forever protecting me from anything and sometimes nothing. I just miss him so much...so incredibly much.

Why is the loss of our fur babies so much greater than our humans? Why does the suffering seem to be greater? I don't know the answer to this, but I know, everyone that ever laid eyes on Chako feel in love with his spirit and I think to Chako, that was all that mattered. He had done his job once again. People cared for canines through him.

Thank you again for sharing your kind words. I'm going to tell my Shottas what you said.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I'm am so sorry for your loss.

You know, myself, I always wonder, why do we put ourselves through it? If we are lucky, we have them in our lives 10 years. We know what is going to happen. We know how bad it's going to hurt.

Then you fall in love again. And the pain lessens, until only happy memories remain.

And having had 4 dogs put down, peacefully, at home, in my arms, I would never want to do it any other way. No matter how many months I cry afterward.

You obviously gave him a loving, fulfilling life. Be proud of that. I would also say to remember to be thankful you had him, but it's pretty clear you know that already.

Incredibly peaceful words...I'm speechless.

Thank you for loaning me a piece of your heart.

Kisses and Hugs

top topics

<< 1   >>

join