It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My incredible Chako is gone!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I must start with this:

I can't even hold back my tears! The tears and sadness has started all over again. I thought I had accepted his death, but the heartache only seems to grow. If you only knew how much he meant to me, you would be as sad as I. Never has a dog graced this planet with such wisdom, insight, intellect and the most human ways...ever! I learned a tremendous amount of everything from Chako.

Oh sure, we would all say, that our pet friends are just as special as Chako, but I'm telling you, this guy, was the best canine friend I have ever had in over 40 years. I have been around more animals than people and Chako was, is and will always be the most loving soul I have ever encountered in my life thus far. I have loved and cared for everything from Ligers, to Chimps, to Wolves and everything in between. Chako was the best Animal Ambassador to man ever to grace planet Earth. He truly was "Otherwordly".

I lost my guy over just a week ago and the pain I feel is incomprehensible! After losing my Hero Dad, I thought I had felt the bottom of the barrel of pain. I guess I was wrong. Suffering this loss is so much greater, so much more intense.

I chose to let Chako go naturally...no euthanasia (I hate that) he had a mast cell tumor on his shoulder. He passed at home in my arms. I've never seen anything like it before in my life. It took only minutes and poof, he was gone...just like that
So painful...so incredibly painful!!!!!!!! In the end, he made the decision that it was time to leave this stinking place.

I thought that I would be okay with it by now. After all, it's been almost 2 weeks...but it hurts more than ever. My other pet friend Shottas is so sad, he just lays around all day. I break down crying all the time...and he cries with me, he misses his only dog friend. The only canine friend Shots ever had was Chako. He was the only dog that would ever accept him except for those "Wiley Coyotes" in my neighborhood.They seemed to very much appreciated his gameness. Other than the local wild canines, Chako was the only friend Shottas ever had...ever.

We miss Chako so much...what an Angel he was...what an inspiration he was to so many people and other canines. Chako's the reason why at least 100 people aren't afraid of dogs, let alone afraid of pit bulls. His nickname at the 8 local dog parks we frequented was "The General" because he kept order and peace as long as he was around. No misbehaving went down on his watch at the parks and if it did, he stopped it...he stopped it all in its tracks.

RIP Chako...you did your job dude. Because of you Chako, I learned how to be a better human and a better human friend

2006-2015

This was Shottas on a time out and even then, he was happy as long as Chako had his back:

In memory, I'll post more pics of CHako. Thanks for reading about my best friend ever

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

edit on 2/6/15 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: GEZUCHKRiCT

Not knowing about the Ceasar Milian thread...I will go look.

Thanks for reading friend

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

I have lost many precious pets through the years and it is always so gut wrenching! I am so sorry for your loss! HUGS!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Hi Public - Chako looks like he was a fine and noble fella. So sorry for your loss.

Give your other pet friend a big hug and cry it out together - you both have a lot to grieve. Never feel like there is only a set amount of time for grief. It takes the time it takes.

Go visit with the friends (both human and pet) at the dog parks you went to...I bet they miss him too.

Blessings and all the best.
Missie

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yes, absolutely correct. It is very heart wrenching...especially when you brave the agony of watching them go.

Thank you so very much for your kind words

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

Aboslutely right...except for the fact, that I have never been able to take Shottas to the park without Chako. Shots just always seemed to be very screwy at the park without CHako, but I will try.

Thank You

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

My condolences to your loss. He doesn't look like a scary dog, actually he looks pretty harmless.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Your post reminded me of my dog Cinnamon who was a pitbull as well. She was hit by a car about a year and a half ago, she was the sweetest dog ever. I miss her so much.

I couldn't imagine her dying in my arms, that would be totally heartbreaking. It's a beautiful gesture though, he chose you to die with, he trusted you enough to go to sleep in your arms. I'm getting teary just thinking about it. He was a beautiful dog and I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

you're correct, Chako wasn't a scary dog, he was the most gentile loving soul I have ever encountered. But, make no mistake about it, he was the one that would defend his home.

He did just that...he defended his family on more than one occasion.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Excuse me, there is something in both my eyes

Sorry to hear bout your loss, Chako was a good looking pup!

Great post though, hope this helps!

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I am equally sorry for your loss and thank you for your kind words.

There isn't much to say when you lose a friend that never spoke a word to you. Yet, when they once gazed into your eyes, you seemed to know just what they wanted and needed. They loved you so much more than you could ever know because you were their "human friend". How else would they learn to become a human soul if not for those of us that truly loved them and showed compassion?

It was truly a gift giving experience and I treasured every moment spent with my Chaki

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Wow...thanks. He was a great friend.

Thank you evermore for sharing in his existence, it was truly enlightening the whole 7 years I had him.

I love him so much! Love lasts forever I have learned. You never know what form it's gonna come from.

When something loves you it consumes your heart.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

What a beautiful dog. He looks like a sweety. I'm so sorry you lost him.It is so terribly painful.I had the worst year of my life last year,with losing a total of 3 animals! My cat went first,then my dog I'd had for 19 years,then suprize,my 8 year old baby Boston Terrier. I was in total shock from it. The cat was in so much pain,I was almost happy to have him put down.The dog I'd had for 19 years...expected.But My baby Betty...oh I still look at my 2 new dogs and cry for her. She should have had so much life left yet. She was a puppy to the very end. It was just beyond dealing with for me. I wish you peace for both you and your furbaby. I'm sure Chako would have stayed if he could. But it was his time to move on without you. I have to stop or I'll start crying next. He will always be there for you in spirit.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: GEZUCHKRiCT

Nevermind...not worth it
edit on 2/6/15 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
The nobility of select pit bulls is beyond comprehension for those who haven't experienced it. I had one who was intelligent enough to understand that two words put together had a different meaning from the original words.

I truly understand your grief having lost a great dog friend last year. You are lucky to be with your guy when he passed as what got me most when my dog was dying was that I had to go to work. I had spent the night sleeping on the floor with him and I came home to my child sobbing in the driveway and my dog dead, lying on my pillow. I didn't do the right thing and stay with him.

Even typing this makes me cry but whatever. Swore I'd never get another dog but now adopting a rescue pit that was a day away from being put down, heaven knows why, he's so well behaved.
edit on 6-2-2015 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

What an incredible post! Such loving and giving of words. Thank you very much. Reading your words amongst the other posters made me feel much better.

Thank you all again and please forgive my off content remark to an incredibly goofy and emotionally off balance poster.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: GEZUCHKRiCT
my friend is dead .
say hello to my little friend .

Are you fn serious dude? This person just lost a family member. Grow up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join