It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a Prophet predict the Conspiracy of Health Care back in Feb. 27, 1833?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The revelation was given through Joseph Smith, the Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder Day Saints. The prophecy takes place at Kirtland, Ohio, February 27, 1833. This revelation, known as the Word of Wisdom. The entire revelation can be located in the Doctrine & Covenants Section 89.
Source: www.lds.org

The Word of Wisdom is specifically in regards to the commanded individual health choices. There is one particular verse that points to "conspiring men."

Doctrine & Covenants Section 89 Verse 4
Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation.

Did Joseph Smith predict Obamacare from 1833? Could this possibly include the vaccination programs? If so, can an individual invoke the Mormon faith in order to be exempt from this health care mandate?

Before you sling mud... I am not a Mormon.

What say ye?

edit on 5-2-2015 by BL4CKST4R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BL4CKST4R
What say ye?

I say, no...

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BL4CKST4R
What say ye?

Let me stick my face into a hat and ask.

No answer. That must mean the answer is no.
edit on 2-5-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BL4CKST4R

Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation.

To me it is a VERY vague, non-specific prophecy similar to many of the other false Prophets.

Just stick with the original.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Didn't Joseph Smith recieve his "prophecies" from a salamander that then turned into an Angel ? Oh my god. Reptilians.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Joseph Smith was not a prophet, he was a fraud if I've ever heard of one. His claims are laughably dumb and unbelievable, it's almost like he didn't even try.

South Park sums it up best I think.

As far as his comments on men conspiring, men have been conspiring for thousands of years now, this is not a prophecy.

Also, where in the world did you get Obamacare anywhere in what Smith said? Obamacare isn't the only case of "men conspiring" before.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Also, where in the world did you get Obamacare anywhere in what Smith said? Obamacare isn't the only case of "men conspiring" before.

Okay, once again.... read the entire Doctrine & Covenants Section 89 (a.k.a. Word of Wisdom) before commenting. Your eyeballs aren't going to burst into flames. There's only 21 versus. It wouldn't take long. It is considered by Mormons to be a guide for optimal health during the "last days" because the last days would be filled with evils & designs within the hearts of conspiring men. There are many that believe that the parallelism exists between the Word of Wisdom and the ramrodded Obamacare. This isn't about whether or not the Mormon faith holds water. I was looking for analytical minds to analyze the prediction.

My original question was: Did a Prophet predict the Conspiracy of Health Care back in 1833?

I apologize if I've lost you in trying to make the connection between Obamacare and the Word of Wisdom. It'd be easier for me to prove a conspiracy on behalf of the government regarding health care, than it would be for them to prove their innocence.

I'll even copy and paste all 21 versus for those unable to find it in the link above.

1 A Word of Wisdom, for the benefit of the council of high priests, assembled in Kirtland, and the church, and also the saints in Zion—

2 To be sent greeting; not by commandment or constraint, but by revelation and the word of wisdom, showing forth the order and will of God in the temporal salvation of all saints in the last days—

3 Given for a principle with promise, adapted to the capacity of the weak and the weakest of all saints, who are or can be called saints.

4 Behold, verily, thus saith the Lord unto you: In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days, I have warned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—

5 That inasmuch as any man drinketh wine or strong drink among you, behold it is not good, neither meet in the sight of your Father, only in assembling yourselves together to offer up your sacraments before him.

6 And, behold, this should be wine, yea, pure wine of the grape of the vine, of your own make.

7 And, again, strong drinks are not for the belly, but for the washing of your bodies.

8 And again, tobacco is not for the body, neither for the belly, and is not good for man, but is an herb for bruises and all sick cattle, to be used with judgment and skill.

9 And again, hot drinks are not for the body or belly.

10 And again, verily I say unto you, all wholesome herbs God hath ordained for the constitution, nature, and use of man—

11 Every herb in the season thereof, and every fruit in the season thereof; all these to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.

12 Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;

13 And it is pleasing unto me that they should not be used, only in times of winter, or of cold, or famine.

14 All grain is ordained for the use of man and of beasts, to be the staff of life, not only for man but for the beasts of the field, and the fowls of heaven, and all wild animals that run or creep on the earth;

15 And these hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger.

16 All grain is good for the food of man; as also the fruit of the vine; that which yieldeth fruit, whether in the ground or above the ground—

17 Nevertheless, wheat for man, and corn for the ox, and oats for the horse, and rye for the fowls and for swine, and for all beasts of the field, and barley for all useful animals, and for mild drinks, as also other grain.

18 And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, shall receive health in their navel and marrow to their bones;

19 And shall find wisdom and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures;

20 And shall run and not be weary, and shall walk and not faint.

21 And I, the Lord, give unto them a promise, that the destroying angel shall pass by them, as the children of Israel, and not slay them. Amen.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think that paragraph you've highlighted is just a precursor to the paragraphs that follow; don't drink, don't smoke, don't eat wheat, etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I think that paragraph you've highlighted is just a precursor to the paragraphs that follow; don't drink, don't smoke, don't eat wheat, etc.

Then why use the word "designs" in the same paragraph?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Key words "which DO and will exist", meaning this is not a prophecy, only an observation that he knows will continue into the future.

Men have been conspiring for thousands of years, Joseph Smith was obviously aware of this. I also didn't see anything related to anything Obamacare in the rest of the chapter, not even a hint. Maybe you can point out what you're talking about?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Joseph Smith was not a prophet, he was a fraud if I've ever heard of one. His claims are laughably dumb and unbelievable, it's almost like he didn't even try.

South Park sums it up best I think.

I would in part agree and disagree. Was he a fraud? Possibly... The Code of Handsome Lake (1815) predates Joseph Smith's discovery of the supposed Golden Plates (1823). Both of these events took place within close proximity of one another. This however, isn't what is being discussed here.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Key words "which DO and will exist", meaning this is not a prophecy, only an observation that he knows will continue into the future.

Men have been conspiring for thousands of years, Joseph Smith was obviously aware of this. I also didn't see anything related to anything Obamacare in the rest of the chapter, not even a hint. Maybe you can point out what you're talking about?

I appreciate your analysis.

There are many who are making the connection between the two. Here is one example: The Lord's Health Care System

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
While living 40 minutes from Hill Cumorah, (great production every year..even if you are not a Mormon like me, you should see it!), I really think Joseph Smith was one of the best snake oil salesmen ever! He was not a prophet to me, and my short answer is no....

new topics

top topics

join