It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Most People Getting Measles Are Adults." Yep, 60%. Are we barking up the wrong tree?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: new_here

Exactly what the wall of propaganda is trying to obscure and distract from. Kudos to you.

Keep an eye out. Merck is pushing for a 3rd mandatory shot in the child's teens. Cha-ching $$$$$$$.

Cha-ching? Please. Vaccines are often given free of charge. Hell, you can get many of them for under $20.

what do you mean ?...the vaccine is not free...you may get it for free...but the state paid for it...and where does the state get it's money ? Cha-ching for sure...just not for you.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Thanks for the info, I've been meaning to look it up. As I recall, I had the measles twice as a child. I had them when my brother was in ele school and brought them home to me, a pre-schooler at the time, then I had them again once I started school.

I THINK. Parent's aren't around anymore to ask.

I've wondered if I could get them again. (Yikes)

It's highly unlikely you got measles twice. There many other infections that doctors can mis take for measles that cause morbilliform rash!
www.researchgate.net... 529e1fe9ecd6a000000.pdf

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-2-2015 by MiddleClassWhiteBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

How many of the people who got the measles this time were vaccinated?

This is what I want to know.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck

Since this is happening in the US SW, I wonder what the percentage is of the adult carriers being illegals?

I would like to know this too. The information is not forthcoming, so it makes you wonder.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KATSUKO

I don't know. I got both a tetanus and MMR booster about 4 years ago prior to getting pregnant. I am an adult.

I wonder if you made a positive I.D. on what they were putting
into your arm before you had the fertile seed of life in you.
If not? Then doesn't that make you an unfit mother? And you
have no reason to be offended at what I'm saying Ket.
Because there aren't many of us who would go so far to avoid
being so irresponsible. At this point we are all guilty.
Even my parents. My point is we trust to much and I believe
there is a nefarious reason why that trust is so valuble to
some. Is that intelligent enough for you?
edit on Rpm20515v402015u27 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Rpm20515v42201500000032 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
Anti-vaxers are anti-vaxers; regardless of age. It's not just the anti-vaxers refusing to have their children vaccinated, the adult anti-vaxers are refusing to get the boosters. No conspiracy here; it only shows that refusing vaccinations/boosters affects people of all ages.

I can't find a breakdown of the vaccination status of the adults infected. Can you? Please share as I am genuinely interested.

I also am not aware of any push for adults to get boosters. Until this outbreak, my understanding was that two doses of the vaccine in childhood provided almost certain immunity for life. Now I am reading about the vaccine immunity waning in adulthood. But the MSM is focusing on school-age children getting vaccinated. Concerning adult susceptibility, all you hear is... *crickets*

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Exactly what the wall of propaganda is trying to obscure and distract from. Kudos to you.

Keep an eye out. Merck is pushing for a 3rd mandatory shot in the child's teens. Cha-ching $$$$$$$.

Cha-ching? Please. Vaccines are often given free of charge. Hell, you can get many of them for under $20.

what do you mean ?...the vaccine is not free...you may get it for free...but the state paid for it...and where does the state get it's money ? Cha-ching for sure...just not for you.

This is very true. And if your insurance covers it, it is figured into the premiums you pay. If the job you have covers insurance, they can't give you the money that they paid the increased cost of insurance and still make the profit they need to run their business and pay their wages.

All of the costs of vaccines is returned back to the people, there is no free ride. The people getting the vaccines should be glad that some do not take them, they save money because the ones that don't take them still pay into the system but do not collect from the system.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

They are with holding certain info aren't they?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

They are with holding certain info aren't they?

It sure seems that way. I feel very strongly that if the infected adults were not vaccinated, that information would be all over the place. I tend to think they are quietly suggesting adult boosters, and are afraid to come right out and say "oops, it wears off" for fear it will give more steam to anti-vaxxers.

I feel like honesty is the best policy here. Folks need to know, so they can make informed decisions about their health. I don't take too well to the 'go ahead and get the booster, it can't hurt' argument. Because reactions to the vaccine itself are more common in adults:

The above side effects (especially aches or pain in joints) are more likely to occur in adults, particularly women.

Click Here to view the side effects. Listed under "More Common" is a fever greater than 103!

Also, it says this:

The incidence of arthritis and arthralgia is generally higher in adult women than in children (women, 12% to 26%; children, 0% to 3%), and symptoms tend to be more marked and of longer duration, persisting for months or years.

Cripes! Act now and you can get your arthritis in a handy dandy syringe, folks!

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm on the fence about the public getting vaccinated for measles. I can see how we're afraid of what's really in the vaccine but I also know measles is not something to screw around with.

I got the measles in kindergarten and was very sick. So sick I had to be placed in a tub of ice to bring my fever down. I had a horrible, itchy rash and white spots in my mouth. My best friend at the time also got the measles (it was going around in school) but she didn't survive. I recovered but I have permanent hearing loss, something I struggle with to this day, for it has affected every part of my life.

I would hate to see this happen to anyone else.
edit on 5-2-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Folks need to know, so they can make informed decisions about their health.

It's obvious to me this is not the goal.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

A small number of vaccinated people, however, never manufacture measles antibodies, for reasons that are poorly understood. This is called primary vaccine failure. There is also a very low rate of secondary vaccine failure: A person who initially demonstrates immunity loses it later in life. Herd immunity to measles should protect people who experience either kind of failure, but falling vaccination rates have allowed measles to circulate and can leave people without sufficient antibodies vulnerable. If you’re unsure whether you’ve received both doses of the MMR vaccine, or if you are worried about your immune status, your doctor can measure your antibodies against measles.

Falling vaccination rates are now an urgent concern in public health. Measles incidence dropped 99 percent after the vaccine was introduced in 1963. Between 2000 and 2007, the United States saw an average of just 63 measles cases per year, and almost all of those victims brought the disease into the United States from abroad. In 2013, however, the incidence of measles tripled. Unlike in previous years, the majority of the victims contracted the disease here in the United States, meaning that measles outbreaks are now a serious national problem. It could get worse. Vaccination rates in the United States remain at about 90 percent, but in the United Kingdom, where vaccination has fallen below 80 percent, the disease is once again endemic.www.slate.com...

I read somewhere that about 4% of the fully vaccinated populace will lose immunity later in life. They gave me a booster when I was in the military before deployment along with probably 10 other vaccines. Next time I see my doctor I may ask to have him screen my blood for the antibodies to see if I need another booster.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Thanks for the information.

I just found this:

The duration of vaccine-induced immunity is believed to be lifelong in most vaccine recipients.
(Emphasis mine)
The "believed to be" in "most" vaccine recipients - concerns me.

Source
edit on 2/5/2015 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

And this is troubling:

“I don’t think we know much at all,” acknowledges Dr. Samuel Katz, co-inventor of the measles vaccine and a pediatric infectious disease expert at Duke University in Durham, N.C.
Figuring out answers about the durability of immunity – naturally and vaccine-acquired – in a time without natural boosting won’t be easy.

Childhood Vaccines: How long do they last?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

This is probably due to the fact that the fake "immunity" provided by vaccines deteriorates quickly over time, and I highly doubt most people go in for their booster shots.

Which, IMO, isn't a bad thing. Now these folks will be immune for life.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

That is why I am planning to get tested for the antibodies to see if I need a booster.

FYI there have been extremely rare cases of people who contracted the disease as a child then contracted it later in life as well.

I don't find any of it as troubling. It may be a little of a hassle to be tested for the antibodies, but far better than getting sick with it.
edit on 5-2-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

a reply to: GetHyped
No personal attacks in this thread, please. Just answer the question: Why is there no focus on the susceptibility to measles in adulthood, since 60% of the cases are adults?

For the same reason they don't show emaciated starving African adults on tv commercials. Children are much more effective in the arena of psychological manipulation.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I can't prove it with any source but I distinctively heard on the first news reports which came out that 32 of the 78 people originally infected with measles at the CA Disneyland were previously vaccinated which I thought was a rather large figure. It wasn't stated what their ages were. I have searched but found nothing to support my statement. Just throwing it out there.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Im wondering of the adults who contracted the measles, how many are illegals. It would make sense, if the adults who have got the measles, came from another country. Then they may have never been vaccinated. and personally its not like a vaccination is the end all of these virus's. its just making the virus or whatever work harder for your body to not reject

I wondered this as well. In an article I just read on ABCNews, a doctor with the National Center for Immunization says:

"Although we aren't sure exactly how this year's outbreak began, we assume that someone got infected overseas..."
US Measles Outbreak Growing, Says CDC

I find her statement suspect for two reasons:

1) She doesn't know how it started, but she completely disregards any chance it came across the border by saying 'overseas.' It is, to me, a striking omission to flat-out dismiss any chance it came from a section of the world-- one that just happens to deliver an influx of people, at that!

2) It is difficult for me to understand that they cannot identify patient zero in this outbreak, knowing that they narrowed down patient zero in the ongoing Ebola outbreak-- a tottler in a little village in Africa. They can track people's travel history and find out pretty quickly who was where during the time-frame of exposure that led to the outbreak. I get a sense they are holding something back.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Do you know the time line from when this new occurance of
measles started in comparison to the thousands of illegal allowed into
the country at least last year & before.

I know many came here with medical issues & were allowed to be
placed all over the country before there medical issues were being
treated or resolved.
Just wondering if they contributed to the ongoing problem.

Cheers
Ektar

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join