It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANTIVAXXERS "movement" is likely a scam to polarize voters against the freedom candidate.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I thought it very odd the other day when, in an interview, Ben Carson made the comment that the majority of measles cases are in Democratic districts.
Really? Come on...

Because they are.

There are wealthy suburban LA high schools where the vaccination rate is hovering around 50%. Do you think those are majority Republican?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Is this the latest psy op to keep Americans distracted and divided?, bit like the abortion issue is it not?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It was intended to polarize with its presentation, and it is doing a phenomenal job. Just once, I wish the manipulation was used to start edging towards a better world..

In any case, I feel there is a higher likelihood of risk from unvaccinated, undocumented immigrants than any "anti-vax movement." If there is actually a meaningful risk or correlation at all.
edit on 5-2-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Just another gop round of trying to get more votes to win the white house, to the posters blaming democrats for this, shame on you, stop watching fox news and get your head out of the gutter.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I didn't realize that whether a person vaccinated or not had anything to do with having your head in the gutter.

Since when did it become a "naughty" issue? That's usually when I think about having my head in the gutter.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Very likely a lot of illegal immigration in the general area as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

The outbreak started at Disneyland. How many illegal immigrants are going there?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

For some people, it apparently is...they're all over ATS blaming anti-vaxxers for the everything short of poverty.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Actually, pretty sure it started from a foreign tourist there. I wonder how many illegals work in/around Disneyland?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Yea for more made up stuff, its the dems, its them poor folks, its them immigrants, oh boy this new round of made up right wing outrage is comedy gold.

Cant wait for the proof that obama started this new plague on murika.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The outbreak started at Disneyland. How many illegal immigrants are going there?

When was the last time you've been to an amusement park? 1980?

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

So ONLY vaccinated people go to Disneyland ... except for the illegals who work there? Please, this about unvaccinated people. And face it, a lot of wealthy upper middle class people in Cali don't get their kids vaccinated. This is not about illegal immigrants anymore than it is solely about the other. It is about people who don't vaccinate. And in Cali both groups are likely to not be vaccinated these days.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I dont think that's entirely true. They are actually gwnerally melting plot places and tourism spots where foreigners visit. If that means generally blue big cities ita becauae big citiies are melting pots. The current outbreak Iis in red state Florida but startes in tge meltin pot of Disneyland where like the 2014 outbreak it was likely brought in from outside the country.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I was being rhetorical. The broader point, referenced in my original post, being that the issue is complicated and can't/shouldn't be used for political purposes.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Exactly but even more devicive as it designed to eliminate an obstacle outaide the two main candidates who will agree on this topic 99 percent ao after third party has been demonized Jeb and Hillary can battle it out.

It's a greasy world we live in.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Dont eveb have to be illegal. Last year I believe the outbreak was started by legally visiting forigners.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Just another gop round of trying to get more votes to win the white house, to the posters blaming democrats for this, shame on you, stop watching fox news and get your head out of the gutter.

I dont think you read the post or misunderstood. The democrats and republicans are in this together. Neither deserve the whitehouse but they are sure working to make sure one or the other gets it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

They agree it was likely brought in from outside the country. My point is that Disneyland is hardly an inexpensive place to go. The people who are likely to patronize it are wealthy foreigners (like the one who brought in the disease) and mostly upper middle class Americans like the ones who refuse vaccinate for whatever reason.

Kosmicjack's assertion is that the wealthy infected foreigner likely spread the disease to illegals working at Disneyland.

Both could be true. And I don't think it's an either/or, so I think it's false to dismiss either idea as a lot of people seem to. In plenty of places in LA, the vaccination rate in upper middle class kids is as low as 50%. So they are as unprotected as illegal children in a lot of ways and as likely to get infected by an infected foreigner at Disneyland.

Not only that, but the rapid spread of the disease to 13 states also seems to indicate it was people on vacation taking the disease home with them which further supports unvaccinated upper middle class folks over illegals alone as any illegals working at Disneyland are unlikely to take off for places like Nebraska and South Dakota out of the blue.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That's the smart money.
Last years outbreak was caused by a visiting Filipino. This year very likely a similar thing at Disney world wgich is an international tourist spot.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

100 bucks to get in Disneyland. Minimum wage families might save up and go once every year or so. Not at all hard to believw a foriegn family on perhaps a once in a lifetime trip woild visit there. Especially if you know how Japan and many other Asian countries view it as a romantic place.

It's like a utopia with rides for 100 bucks. I wouldnt buy all the expensive garbage . Maybe a ticket and lunch.

We dont know and its just as likely (or maybe more likely a visiting foriegner who would be in the country a short time before breaking out). Not making this an immigration issue. That just feeds the cycle before long you are talking about immigration inaide of vaccination and forgetting that vaccinations/antivax people and measles outbreaks didnt just start, its same as it ever was and its a NON ISSUE.
edit on 5-2-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join