It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blunkett quits as home secretary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> news.bbc.co.uk...

David Blunkett has quit as home secretary after an e-mail emerged showing a visa application for his ex-lover's nanny had been fast-tracked.

Is this the end for the somewhat fascistic attitudes of the UK government, or was Blunket sacrificed for "the grater good of the Labour party"?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Unfortunately he was the only politician in this country with some credability.He just did what anyone of us would do.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I found Blair's comment about Blunkett leavinf the cabinet with his integrity intact rather questionable. Surely he has has been forced to quit after his fast-tracking of the visa for his lovers nanny? A blatant abuse of power and lacking in integrity and honesty

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Its more likely that he'll 'do a Mandelson' and be back in a few months, unless he's pissed Blair off, in which case he'll be cast out into the outer darkness.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
LET HE WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I don�t think Blair have any grudges against Blunkett.
However, Blunkett assisted in a biography a while back, slagging off other Labour MPs, so he might have become increasingly unpopular inside Labour circles. I�m sure it didn�t help him right now.

Personally I don�t think it was much of a sacking reason, but I�m quite happy to see him go.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Surely he has has been forced to quit after his fast-tracking of the visa for his lovers nanny? A blatant abuse of power and lacking in integrity and honesty

- No.

He has gone mostly because he made a lot of enemies within his own party and because of an email which turned up (he says he had forgotten about) where he says "no special favours but sort this out as soon as possible please" in relation to a visa request for his girlfriends au pair or nanny.

He felt he had become the story and this email could be seen to be at odds with his claim to have been uninvolved in the application for the visa.

Personally I think it's completely OTT and the inquiry will report no abuse of his position.

dh

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Perhaps the most outwardly obnoxious of the Blairite NWO putsch
What turned the tide - a barroom bigot confirming every sink estate's opinion, and then suddenly he self-destructs
He entered his own phantasm of invulnerability or he was triggered from the outside?
Good riddance but no thanks to the obscene soul that replaces him
Someone - unpleasant mind-controlling Clarke - who will attempt to drive us further toward the microchip solution

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It seems rather odd how Blunkett started his career as a far left-wing (borderline communist), and ended up as one of the most right-wing ministers Labour has ever had. I�m not even convinced about the existence of the NWO, but it would explain some rather strange political behavior if he was involved in something like that.

Any evidence that supports suspicions about NWO involvement other than him being a control freak?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If he lied then he had to go, plus the knives were out after that embarrassing episode where he tore a strip off just about everyone in the Cabinet. That certainly didn't go down well with old 2 Jags, Prescott may seem like an amiable bumbler but he is quite powerful within the Labour Party.
And why is it that Politicians seem to let the little brain do the thinking for them. If he had kept his pencil in the pencil case he wouldn't have got himself in this mess in the first place.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Im quite shocked that he's quit from the goverment over some personal administration desires, bush lied about wmd and got thousands killed.... but hey ho!... thats the way the cookie crumbles

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I dont see the problem that he hurried his lovers nanny visa , i mean hey what a crime huh! does this make him a bad leader? no what does it make him? a human being.

dh

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
I dont see the problem that he hurried his lovers nanny visa , i mean hey what a crime huh! does this make him a bad leader? no what does it make him? a human being.

No - he has those human qualities that anyone can understand, but most of all he is a bad bastard, defending imprisonment without charge on the basis of other nations torture - especially the US.
The pushing through of the surveillence society - where everyones a tracked and potential criminal
The important question is why this foremost controllee of the fascist/stalinist future state did himself in by dissing so many members of the present cabinet in interviews with his biographer - it is pure self-destruct material and the real reason he had to go
Why did he do that and in what role will he return?

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I dont think Labour or Blunkett saw this one coming
(sorry, im not mocking the blind)

If Blair wins the next election, he will be coming back to the cabinet

new topics

top topics

join