It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Face of Punishment in the Public Schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You hurt them where it counts. Their paychecks. Easy to fix. Pull your children out of public schools. Nothing stops that holier than thou act faster than taking their livelihood away.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Isn't this generally done with special needs kids that are in fact a danger to themselves and others though?

I personally don't believe they should be in public schools. I had to deal with that nonsense in public school (if you can afford it send your kids to private school, it was so much better for so many reasons) and it was a huge pain in the ass. Kids that clearly were not suited for a normal school environment getting violent, causing disruptions and not mentally able to be in a normal class for their age, were still stuck in normal classes.

I really feel for these kids and their families but what are you supposed to do? Let them become destructive and violent? They need to be in a better place where staff is actually able to deal with them and they are not a threat to other students.

I went to a very nice high school and we had a number of these kids. They all had their special education classes, some of them had full time "handlers" (for lack of a better word) and frankly they scared the crap out of me. They were highly unpredictable, got easily frustrated etc.

I don't think a child that's violent 3 days a week should be in a normal school setting, and I also don't think children in a vegetative state should be either. They need better care. What are you supposed to do with a kid that flips out and starts banging their head on the desk, or the walls, or trying to bite teachers? Some of those kids were HUGE. We need a better system.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Isn't this generally done with special needs kids that are in fact a danger to themselves and others though?

That suggests an even greater failure.

Now the medical system is schlock too.

And as far as parents go, I wonder why the swat teams aren't on full alert when school gets dismissed for the day and the kids have to go home.

Lots of unanswered questions here.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
And it's nearly illegal now for parents to physically punish their own children now. No wonder kids don't listen. "Stop behaving like that or I'll take your Iphone Ipad Ipod for a week"

I parent would be behind bars before the crackling of the tazer ended if they used it on their kids. Don't worry, the schools are part of the government, so it's okay for them to torture your children.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So our schools had become the new Gitmo? What's next waterboarding?

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: xuenchen

So our schools had become the new Gitmo? What's next waterboarding?

I'm pretty sure it's revolution.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I'm sure the Parents play a part in this whole scenario.

But I think the failures of the over-Educated administrators is more the cause.

Most public school systems are schlock operations riddled with theft and corruption.

The brighter the administrators are, the bigger the failures.

There is no sane excuse for this.

Or maybe some very evil people at the top with or without over education. Such draconian solutions to the problems in schools must be initiated from somewhere high up. Parents wouldn't be demanding such, not teachers either I would have thought, but I don't know for sure.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
if your a teacher and cant out smart these rowdy kids

Outsmarting them isnt the problem, its outstupiding them and the lessons there untaught at home that are the problems

And yes I made up 2 new words.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

originally posted by: sweets777
if your a teacher and cant out smart these rowdy kids

Outsmarting them isnt the problem, its outstupiding them and the lessons there untaught at home that are the problems

And yes I made up 2 new words.

So the victims are the cause?

What about all the academic intellectuals in charge of the system?

Well that solves it then.

edit on Feb-01-2015 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

Who ever thought up that the kids belong to the state can shove it up their tail rapped in barb wire sideways.

Melissa Harris-Perry can be the first to line up for that...

Kids don't belong to their parents. Kids belong to the community! /sarcasm

Melissa Harris-Perry is being a mouthpiece for those currently in charge, and would certainly lose her millions if she did not do her job. We are in big trouble. You watch, homeschooling will be abolished. Another thing to be liberated come 'V-E Day'.

Never Forget.

# 359

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Not just physical punishments.

There was recently a kid and his girlfriend who posed with airsoft rifles, even labelled the pictures airsoft rifle, he was suspended from school for posting these pictures to his own personal Facebook, under his parents direct supervision.

And just today, I read a story of some school officials who confiscated more than twenty elementary school kids jackets in the 40 degree weather because they did not match the schools color scheme, then sent them home without them.

I don't have kids yet but reading stories like this infuriate me. If this ever happens to my kids I will probably go to the school, find the offending staff and beat the puss out of them. Then if they don't want to get sued they will drop any charges they level against me. It is completely ridiculous that 10 year olds are being made to pull their pants down and expose themselves to teachers, that # wouldn't fly with me. I would be knocking heads against lockers and make sure it hits the national media as a warning to other schools. It is getting out of hand.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join