It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hellas says NO to sanctions against Russia - The first argument between Hellas and EU

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
As you may know, we changed government in my country and the left party took over the government.
The day of the elections, EU announced new sanctions against Russia and our new formal government reported EU actions, because they didn't notified the entire EU about these sanctions. They decided without us.

Today news, claim that my country will give VETO for any sanctions against Russia, also Cyprus followed this decision. As you may know, the last time Germans and scandinavians took decisions for the entire EU against Russia, Russia boycott all EU countries including Hellas products, because of it, as a result : we lost more than 800 million of exports because of germans. So its logical, if germans and scandinavians wish sanctions, can take them for their own countries...
Another thing they did today, is to send troika home. No more troika and more money loans for the Hellenic crisis. The resolution will be political and through economic growth. We will not lend money to pay debt again, because this decisions, always deepens crisis and we own more than before.

and many many other they did, but our government has a totally different stance from EU and from now on.

I give you the links, just use a translator such as google or Microsoft to translate the webpages.

link1

link 2

link 3

link 4

link 5

happy reading!

ps: I tried to attach the economic crisis in the topic title as well, but it's away to big title

edit on 28-1-2015 by Ploutonas because: I am dyslexic and I correct grammar and spelling.

edit on 28-1-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well this is interesting, especially since Russia's credit rating was lowered to junk status yesterday. Would you mind refreshing my memory on exactly what a troika is?

On another note, I'm getting the feeling that the EU is becoming rather fragile and am watching for some kind of domino effect to take place.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Troika is IMF

here is also a video interview from our new Minister of economics Mr Varoufakhs and he is known from VALVE steam (video games) he is or was the ecnomist of valve till recently. I took this video from this link : www.eurogamer.net...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The bully tactics of the US and EU on Russia and globally were/are ramifications waiting to happen.

If they didn't sanction Russia for doing the things they often have done themselves, a lot of businesses and countries economies would be stronger. It was an act of stupidity.

And no my comment isn't validification of any ills Russia has done, it is merely pointing out double standards.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Scumbag Greeks took all the money when going was good and now want the rest of us to pick up the tab siding with their low life Russian Mafia friends!

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
More EU countries need to give the finger to the troijka and the EU. It was doomed from the beginning and only got pushed trough to enslave us all more then ever. Let the EU burn imo

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Let me give some color to the topic, here is some wonderful cartoon sketches from around the world artists, for whats goin on...

www.koutipandoras.gr...

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It seems, the whole event turns to be the first argument of our formal government with EU politics.

Mr Martin Schulz, president of the EU parliament, interviewed in the national german ZDF and said : You cannot ask from EU solidarity for your country, while you have an opposite opinion about the decisions we make for our external politics.

and he meant the EU sanctions against Russia.

He also added : We are very sorry that the Hellenic Parliament cannot align with us (because Mr Tsipras sawed his displeasure of the EU actions/decisions taken without asking the members of the EU) and he added : "We" thought that all members of the EU agree with that. As a result, they will add a special paragraph to the official text, saying that the Hellenic parliament disagrees with the decisions taken.

link

all the above is a brief report of the fresh news about the matter. Mr Schulz will also visit my country in a couple of days to meet mr Tsipras.

Here is some news from state department : sputniknews.com...

a personal comment, its very clear, the decisions made, is not from the entire countries that apart EU, but from a specific group of people. As for the Hellenic politician reactions, they are not going to accept or implement any kind of sanctions that will damage our country further, because of "others" interests. The first priority for this government is, the people who elected them (as they claim) and the interests of our country first and second the EU.

@am dyslexic.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
The bully tactics of the US and EU on Russia and globally were/are ramifications waiting to happen.

If they didn't sanction Russia for doing the things they often have done themselves, a lot of businesses and countries economies would be stronger. It was an act of stupidity.

And no my comment isn't validification of any ills Russia has done, it is merely pointing out double standards.

When did the US invade their neighbor and annex parts of it?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Keeping on topic, if you want to know my opinion of that, go look for the thread about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Ploutonas

originally posted by: Ploutonas
Mr Martin Schulz, president of the EU parliament, interviewed in the national german ZDF and said : You cannot ask from EU solidarity for your country, while you have an opposite opinion about the decisions we make for our external politics.

Yeah, I saw that on ZDF.

Just FYI:
Schulz appeal for "unity and solidarity" was really adressed at the German people.
He had to say this, because many Germans do not agree with the sanctions either.

See, the sanctions against Russia cost Germany at least ~€ 58 billion in exports and investments by now.
Not saying your € 800 million are nothing... but yeah... maybe add this to your perspective.

It is weird... if you read the peoples comments on the web, there is almost a little envy for the new Greek position on those sanctions right now... but you won't hear that from our politicians of course.
edit on 29-1-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Keeping on topic, if you want to know my opinion of that, go look for the thread about it.

Link the thread. Russia currently has a zero sum mindset and they are paying the price for it. They think the best way to get ahead is to cause everyone else to lose.

The sanctions suck, but Russia needs to be taught their current course of action will not end well.
edit on 29-1-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Mr Martin Schulz is already in my country and the first reports speaking about a "shocked" Martin Schulz

the talks are still in progress, so there is no much things to speak about, I will report after, but there will be interviews in all tv channels after all.

We also have big good news from Russia side, they are very happy.

edit : This is the first 2 articles about the talks (the talks just finished)

Use these translators, copy and paste the link into the first box (choose auto detect language and in the second box pick english)
google translator , bing-microsoft translator

link 1

link 2

link 3

here is a kind of a gentle threat : link 4

(these are the west friendly newsblogs, I will not give you the russian friendly blogs, just to avoid arguments).
edit on 29-1-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
An all in all result for the new Russian sanctions. Hellas, Finland, Austria and Slovenia, forced veto and there will be no new sanctions.

Also the minister of economics in Russia offers economic help to my country Hellas, if we ask it.

link 1

link 2

and there is also some new articles stating, that it would be for the best for my country to move out Eurozone, in favor of saving Spain.

link 3

as a personal comment, this cannot be done, if we move outside euro zone, all Europe will collapse, it can be done, but the world must be ready for a huge reset. So its crazy to speak about it, only if they originally planned to destroy EU and they use my country as an excuse.. will happen.

In the original post, I said that my country stops getting new loans, because that deepens crisis. But it seems, they dont wont my country to stop getting loans. This government for now at least, do not wish new loans, they prefer a political solution and to repay the already taken money, with growth... Will see how it goes. I think spain, portugal, italy and ireland is a backup plan, if they cannot force more crisis and more loans to us and we choose growth.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A very interesting development for the economic crisis today :

Mr Geroun Daiselbloom visited the country and our new minister of economics said : we are not cooperating with this rotten (loose structured), he used the word σαθρος and the meaning of that word is rotten/unsound, group of troyka, not accepting them even for visiting the country and we dont accept the 7 billion loan for the next month, as we look for a new political solution.

here is the links, you can add them in a translator for english reading.

link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

Lots of tensions after the interview in the press and at the end Mr Geroun Daiselbloom tried to avoid a handshake with the Hellenic minister of economics, Mr Varoufakhs. On top of that, Mr Geroun Daiselbloom, whispered something in Mr Varoufakhs ear and Mr. Varoufakhs reply was " WoooooW" and close partners of Mr. Varoufakhs, gossiping that Mr. Geroun Daiselbloom whispered something like bad words, bad mouthing and they left from different paths after!

link 1

and ofcourse the whole western media are freaked out, by making topics like "get out" etc etc... gogogo
edit on 30-1-2015 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join