It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Crap, What Is This Horrifying Monster That Washed Up In San Diego?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
"Holy Crap, What Is This Horrifying Monster That Washed Up In San Diego? " ...the headline says...It seems to me that there's a secrert lab somewhere experimenting on animals or maybe some type of bio-engineering outfit. This is the lates in a striing of weird dead creatures which wash ashore every so often. The most notable of these of these creatures is the Montauk monster; although, I'm sure it wasn't the first.

What says ATS?

gawker.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Its just a dead animal, time spent in the water has caused it to partially rot, bloat and lose its hair.

If I remember right, wasn't the Mantauk monster some kind of sloth that had suffered the same fate?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sea Lion. Or Rosie O'Donnell.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Impressive canines. Clearly not a full-fledged demon but one of the lesser imps...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: longy9999
Its just a dead animal, time spent in the water has caused it to partially rot, bloat and lose its hair.

If I remember right, wasn't the Mantauk monster some kind of sloth that had suffered the same fate?

I think the Montauk Monster was a combination of different animals. If I remember correctly, it had a beak like a bird. Sloths don't have beaks.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Might be a wild boar or a peccary.
Looks like cloven hooves on it whatever it is.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

It wasn't a beak. Just a "piece" of it's face fell off/rotten away

See?

Also, here is the "monster"

edit on 27-1-2015 by Gakupo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Badger from Catalina Island.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I am pretty sure it is a bloated possum. Even what is left of it's hair is the right color.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
My latest creation. The Mexican Hairless Sea Lion. I wondered what happened to Mr. Jerky when he didn't swim back to the lab. Be on the look out this Christmas America!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Looks like a bloated raccoon. YMMV

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Bet it doesn't look like that now, the article is from 2/01/2012.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Aren't these pics the same as those that were proven to be a rotted beaver or something? The link is dated as 2012. It rings a bell for me anyway.

Lol Hoagy beat me to

edit on 27-1-2015 by Jonjonj because: Hoagy is faster

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
To be honest that is an old picture. 2/01/2012. Really.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Aren't these pics the same as those that were proven to be a rotted beaver

See...I told you it was Rosie O'Donnell.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Whenever I see a story like this, I'm reminded about the theory stating all of the mythical creatures in history were simply misidentified animal remains.

Dragons were the result of uncovered dinosaur fossils, cyclops was the result of uncovered Mammoth skulls, etc.

People sure do have wild imaginations.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

There was a big long investigation on the one in Montauk that looked pretty identical to that one.

It was determined by zoologists that it was a racoon with mange

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yeah it is older news as already mentioned.

originally posted by: nOraKat

There was a big long investigation on the one in Montauk that looked pretty identical to that one.

It was determined by zoologists that it was a racoon with mange

Pretty much. For me the canine teeth gave it away.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Biologist/naturalists have seen raccoons since Settlers came to the new world. An undergraduate student could identify the skull of any known mammal in minutes. It would not take any lengthy investigationinvestigation.

The crest on the top of the head of this creature appears distinct from the rest of the missing cranial hair.

These animals have typical five finger appendages of non cloven foot animals.

I don't think it can be readily identified by any of the dissmisives in this thread. I vote crypto unknown predator.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
Biologist/naturalists have seen raccoons since Settlers came to the new world. An undergraduate student could identify the skull of any known mammal in minutes. It would not take any lengthy investigationinvestigation.

The crest on the top of the head of this creature appears distinct from the rest of the missing cranial hair.

These animals have typical five finger appendages of non cloven foot animals.

I don't think it can be readily identified by any of the dissmisives in this thread. I vote crypto unknown predator.

You got my vote. This creature doesn't fit any of the descriptions 100%

top topics

<<   2 >>

join