It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Attempt At Songwriting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Just wanted to take the time to introduce some of my songs that I've written. Some are new, some are old. Most of these songs are an attempt on another person's perspective of whatever issue the song talks about. Certainly nothing complicated. And no, I'm not selling these
. These are strictly for people to check out.

Hope you enjoy. Here is the link.
edit on 26-1-2015 by solongandgoodnight because: added no

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: solongandgoodnight

I went to go check it out, and the link took me to the main Soundcloud page.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbakeThanks for letting me know. Maybe this one will work.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
"Hard Times" at the bottom of the page is the self titled song to the iTunes album I hope to release later this year. This are just extremely rough demos.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I like it.

I was going to recommend a recording technique when recording guitar, I'm not saying it sounds bad because it doesn't at all. I just love recording music and learning new techniques so I figure maybe you do too.

So what you do is record the guitar part and shift the stereo sound all the way to the right, then record the exact same guitar part and shift it all the way to the left. It gives the acoustic recording a full booming sound that adds to flesh out the recording. Then for the vocals you place it at an equal in the middle setting. L=R. Or if you want to get a kind of indie-ish vibe you can do the same thing with vocals.

If you're the type that doesn't record each area separately you can also have two mics set up at different parts of the guitar and get a similar effect.

Anyway, I don't think it sounds bad at all.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology
That's very kind of you. We used two mics on the guitar, what they were I can't remember. The sound quality with sound cloud isn't the greatest.

Thanks for listening and your input!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Reminds me a bit of Jon Bovi.

I would recommend a more professional recording of your music to really bring these songs to life. I believe you have some good potential here to improve upon an already good thing.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A little echo/reverb would be great!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
lol yes I suppose so. these songs were mainly recorded to send to other artists. most of them like the song stripped down to it's core.

but an iTunes album might be in the making before the years up.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night StarAnd thanks for the input and you taking the time to listen.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Oh it was my pleasure! Thank you for sharing!!!!

new topics

top topics

join