It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laundry Day..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
So many times do I hear "you can't" or "that's not possible" when someone who is exploring new ideas decides to share them with people. Why is that? Why do we refuse to believe in something more then what we know. Time and time again, humans have proven the impossible to be possible. The proof of this is extensive in our history books. There are things in there that we've accomplished even when someone, somewhere, at the time said "no, it can't be done."

Take a look, really take a look at everything we, as humans, have created, and tell me...honestly...what cannot be done? I can't even imagine what you would say. Even now, there is someone, somewhere doing the impossible. Inventing something that was scoffed at by others, creating something that most would have given up on because someone had told them it wasn't possible.

I would like to applaud those that keep/kept going when they could've just given up. I would like to say thank you for believing in the impossibilities, for having the courage to explore the unknown, for being the ones who said "what if" and "how can I" instead of " I can't". You people amaze me at every turn.

So, please, do carry on..please, do explore and create and ask questions...be a dreamer! I want to see how far you can take something. I want to see everything you imagine come to fruition, and I want to be one of the first to tell you "I believe you can do it". Because, the truth is, you really can.

My rant: Why hasn't disposable clothing been invented yet? Extremely upset about having to do laundry today.....

"Reality is just imagination put to good use" - unknown

Twelve cool inventions

Timeline of inventions in history

World Changing inventions

Cool old inventions

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

The Earth is FLAT I tell you!

But seriously, I'm a dreamer and a wannabe inventor (dreaming is step one) I refuse to accept any limitations on our ultimate abilities and possibilities.

I believe the beliefs of the masses in what's not possible limits the energy to power physical manifestation of many a dreamer's dream. Not a cop out, more of a 99 people believe x, 1 person believes y so the dominant perception shapes reality.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
As people grow older they grow more cynical....I hate this!!

Talk to a child about new ideas..

Peace

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

How you describe it is exactly the way I look at it. We have many skeptics on this site that no matter what proof is presented, can't come to grips that an impossibility can very much be a possibility. You're absolutely right with this statement...

Take a look, really take a look at everything we, as humans, have created, and tell me...honestly...what cannot be done? I can't even imagine what you would say. Even now, there is someone, somewhere doing the impossible. Inventing something that was scoffed at by others, creating something that most would have given up on because someone had told them it wasn't possible.

The human race has accomplished many believed impossibilities! Who would have thought the possibility that man could have created machines that fly! Can you imagine if we were able to bring someone back from the 14th century, show them a commercial airliner and tell them we were going to make that thing stay up in the sky and fly!

When skeptics try to justify the impossible and relate what they see to the limits of current human technology, they don't take into consideration that we may be viewing it through 14 century eyes.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thank you! This is inspiring!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Wow that was probably the most inspirational rant I've ever read. Good job

Personally, I'd rather scoop out my own eyeball with a red hot spoon than do laundry. Disposable clothes would be nice, but I'd rather someone build a robot that can fold and hang.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

So, please, do carry on..please, do explore and create and ask questions...be a dreamer!
reply to blend57

Back in the late Eighties when I started working, it was common for offices to have a bunch of those cheesy "inspirational" posters all over the place (for instance "hang in there" with the goofy cat on the chin up bar...).

But, there was one that I ended up loving to this day - "IF YOU CAN DREAM IT, YOU CAN BE IT."

I believe that even more today than I did back then.

Thanks for a positive thread OP. Nice to see something nice for a change!

edit on Jan4338380143383843America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oh, disposable clothing has been invented. My bother-in-law's brother was shacked up with a gal who never did the laundry. Whenever their clothes got the point that they were so dirty they would stand on their own, she simply went to Walmart and bought new ones. Do I need to mention that they also lived on welfare?

But yep, those old clothes completely went into the trash!

There you go. Disposable clothing.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In Fight Club this scary lookin' girl steals the laundry at the Laundromat.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Everything's disposable. Or potentially so.

All depends on you...and the price.

Do you fix the toaster or the telly when they go on the blink? Or do you just replace them?

Depends on the price; if it's cheaper or less hassle to chuck them out and buy new ones, then why not?

I have, on occasion, chucked away perfectly good clothes after use and wore freshly bought items for no better reason than I couldn't be arsed washing them.

I've done that with dirty saucepans a lot (same reason).

Anything that's washable can be washed or else replaced, depending on the judgement of the consumer.

It's called consumerism.

It's quite the fashion in the Western world.

top topics

join