It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF You Witnessed a Mass Sighting or Landing, How Would You React?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
At the risk of lending a helping hand to Hollywood and ALL of the 3-letter groups and any other "TPTB," I feel it's the right time for ME to ask this question to a large group of people. For the simple reason that I'M not sure at this point!

I'm not going to say in the OP what my thoughts and beliefs regarding UFO's, flying disks, aliens, USO's, or secret government technologies or underground or moon bases are - you can find all of that in my other posts, if you haven't already. But what I will say is, that after several years on here, a lifetime of research, and some interesting findings -

I don't know $#!+!

That's right, someone on ATS admits to not knowing something, 1st time ever lol.

What I DO know, is that there has been a steady progressive effort by Hollywood at the LEAST (not to mention book & magazine & tabloid publishing companies) to push the idea of the greys and abductions and UFOs and invasion since the early 1970s, and it seems that a lot of this media has been geared toward getting the public "used" to the idea. Reagan, even. And didn't Clinton claim to have seen one? This is right when X-Files came onto FOX, the newest hottest network at the time. Now they're bringin it back...

I can't help but think that if all of a sudden, 50 ships rolled up over any given area, here's what different people would do:
* Run like hell and hide
* Say, "Holy crap, I was wrong."
* Say, "Take me with you! Wait, let me grab my cats!"
* Start shooting
* Yell, "F YEA, THAT's WASSUP BRO, WOOO, YEA! Wattup space dudes, you like Trance music? Wanna brewski, my brotha from anotha - um, planet?"
* Call 911 and ask if the Air Show is this weekend or something.
* Actually pull out a decent camera and either hold it still or set it the **** down on something for once

Or, well (lol-I said Orwell) - any other number of ways!

I want to hear from even the non-believers here, why not, cmon, play along. What if?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Rampant and violent soiling of my trousers.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer
Eloquently put.
Have to agree, likely mine as well, preventing me of course from getting any good footage to prove it here later.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I'd stay and watch from a safe distance.
Would love this to happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I would pull out any apparatus that can take pictures or video.. and keep that going..
Beside from that I would remain calm and observe what is happening with great interest.
While doing this I would tell everyone around me to get out a camera and start shooting.
And keep doing so until the event is over.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

I'd pull my phone out and advance toward them. Even if I were killed, which I doubt would happen, my curiosity would be overwhelming. I don't think running away would help any anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Why is everyone convinced that they would be interested in us . Perhaps they would speak coachroachese and be mad that they were still scurrying under cupboards .

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I would come here to ATS and upload the raw footage so the debunkers could all tell me that what I was actually seeing was really a remote controlled swamp gas ball plasma weather balloon being reflected off the stratosphere from venus.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I thought about this and decided that I would just go about my normal everyday business, I probably wouldnt mention it to anyone and just pretend it didnt happen...

Now if everyone else is freaking out about some alien invasion, I will be the only person calm and composed and then I would go do some fraud and/or theft, because a mark is softer when they are all panicy.

But thats just me

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'd take off my mask because I wouldn't have to hide anymore.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hmmm, take photos into some App that sends them into a shared space online immediately and start taking photos from far away. Assuming that closer the phone and/or connection will stop working. And secondly that there is a good chance some guy in a uniform will soon bore my phone.

Then go closer, rinse repeat. Study at their behaviour, try to stay hidden with a good view. Learn, summarise to myself to maximise recall of interesting/strange aspects. Or maybe just acting and keeping a meditative perception-only mind may be a better idea incase they're telepathic and hostile.

If things calm down to a mild panic, share my location to a whatsapp group or 2 and then add a photo or 2 with very short contex messages.

If contact is unavoidable or 'looks like a good idea at the time'(TM) try a telepathic Hi there, would you like to taste some of this candy bar? friendly overture. Try and give them something, like a pocket knife or cap. You never know you may get lucky and get an alien gizmo in return.

Oh yes, and from the beginning massage that point in my neck that stimulates the vagus nerve, brings down your heartbeat and panic reflex. Otherwise the inner zombie takes over and make you do silly animal things.

CX

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Probably do the British thing....and offer them a cup of tea.

CX.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

It all hangs on the context doesn't it? I mean, if they appeared in the skies with weapons firing and frightening demands, we'd all be panicking. If they came peacefully, it'd be potentially beautiful.

If there was any reality to some of the abduction narratives, we'd be getting screwed by giant reptilians whilst the mantis-folk watched on. I'd hate my last days on earth to include David Icke and David Jacobs being right. Being molested by upright crocs and having Icke being right would be like the worst day of my life. It'd only be made worse if they actually came from Zeta Reticuli and all the BS memes came true in one day!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This would be the time for me to call the family. Have them gather up everything they need for an extended stay at the lake. Grab all my B.O.B, tent, ammo, rifle. Head for the lake assuming I will be there for a long period of time. Then get the hell out of town, as fast as my truck would go.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Wow awesome responses, one and all so far

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I would hope that they would land in my neighbourhood first so they could be properly welcomed, rather than shot at. I would have them in for tea, as I have a few questions.

Then I would paraphrase Whoopi Goldberg's line from the movie Ghost, and tell them

"Friends - you're in danger here!"

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Whilst alien contact has the potential to be the most interesting day in human history, my biggest fear is that the whole thing would be a total let down. Imagine if the first aliens would talk to turn out to be incredibly tedious boring old windbags who just keep prattling on about nothing, refuse to share any knowledge with us, and smell of urine!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

OK I know that getting older I am not as brave as I use to be, but I would be terrified and have always hoped that we would never actually face this. Knowing human nature and the fact that the most psychotic and exploitive nature of our race get to the top, I would wonder if that trait woulodn't follow through the whole universe - so you see why I am reticent - Naw terrified. We are already slaves to a defunct global financial system - would we easily be enslaved into another I suspect we would. Morfe so perhaps we would also be considered food

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Wow, interesting take there, and personally, well I suppose that would depend on what one would consider a "boring old windbag."
I am a "boring old windbag", writing books and editing and lecturing about things which leave my younger friends I used to party with confused, to them...
i think just simply asking them how the ship worked, or "hey, can we go for a ride" (don't try this at home)
would likely alleviate any boredom one might experience while communicating with the pilot of a flying disk.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Well that's an interesting one too.

It's late here and I'm going to sign off and eat a sandwich then go to sleep.
Awesome replies all, again -tomorrow I will post what I would do and why after sleeping on it/meditating on it/etc...
Love & Light, On & Up for the nite

edit on 25-1-2015 by KAOStheory because: ETA

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join