It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S. Missile Defense Test Fails

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
What type Kool-Aid you drinking?

Please explain how 'malicious wishful' nuking of Washington has any bearing on the topic at hand, k?
NEWS: U.S. Missile Defense Test Fails

seekerof

[edit on 15-12-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
To start we taxpayers would quit wasting money trying to deploy something that has never been researched, tested or proven.

We would work in the logical order, research it, test & prove it, THEN deploy it.

The reason it is done the way it is is because Washington is a cesspit of corruption and big corporate influence. The more confused, complicated and messy the process is the easier it is to suck and bleed it for profits.

Fraud and deception are easier to hide and 'explain' as mistakes and confusion.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Never been tested?
My understanding is that the 2nd phase booster, that failed, is old technology, about 20 years old.

Also, the failures of the past interceptor missile testings were also from old technology.
Wastful, perhaps.
Controversial, certainly so.
But I would much rather my government "waste" its monies on something that is causing both China and Russia to creat/invent new technology missiles to pentrate, then on those $20,000+/- toilet seats they used to buy, among other things. There is no doubt that the U.S. government is wasteful, it has always been, in one form or another.

IMHO, thats whats 'tests' are for, to identify and correct problems.
Besides, I'm encouraged every time I read and hear about the Maginot Line in the sky.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You mean the Maginot line in the sky that was working on 911?

Tell the thousands of charred and mangled corpses about how great Washington is protecting them. Tell their families.

Or like the patriot missile system in 'Desert Storm' that had AT MOST a 10% effectiveness on Saddam's Scud missiles?

In the few short weeks of the Gulf War, according to the original U.S. Army tally, Patriot missiles shot down 45 of 47 Scuds that had been launched. But analysis by MIT physicist Theodore Postol and others would eventually reveal that Patriot missiles had intercepted, AT MOST, only four of the Scuds launched by Iraq.
www.pbs.org...

Can anyone say "I want my money back" ?

I say do the research, do the science, OOPS I forgot this is the Washington that runs on 'faith' [read fraud] and morality [read corruption] and dismisses any kind of science.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   

as posted by slank
You mean the Maginot line in the sky that was working on 911?

Tell the thousands of charred and mangled corpses about how great Washington is protecting them. Tell their families.

Missile defense of this magnitude is not meant nor was it designed for shooting down commercial jet airliners, so your questionable point is moot and having no practical value to the discussion.

Besides wanting "your money back" for this program and the Patriot missile system, where were you on those $20,000 toilet seats? Matter of fact, you want "your money back" on other defense systems that do work?

If you don't approve of this particular program and the monetary expenditures that have and do go with it, thats cool, I can respect that. But to go from this program to the Patriot missile success rates (which is understandable), but to then go into 9/11 seems a bit off track, at best.

Missile defense has been under major controversy since its introduction during the Reagan years. It is a massive waste of funding, no doubt, hence it being labeled as the Maginot Line in the sky.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Nuke DC?
What a bunch of psycho paranoid drivel...
Disgusting.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Agree with Intelgurl on this one.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Slank,
Emotional over-reactions to what we may see as "outrageous" spending on unproven and likely untenable technology merely takes away from some otherwise excellent points that you make. I certainly understand hyperbole, but others on this site have little or no time for either sarcasm or exageration as literary devises.

This whole subject has been rehashed repeatedly. Obviously, pork-barrel spending and fear-inspired glut, rule the U.S. budget. The considered opinions of the more educated populous and the majority of academians not withstanding, multi-billion dollar defense spending will never be reigned in.

My suggestion: Buy defense stocks and at least capitalize on the excesses of our leadership, railling against thier ineptitude will only drive you to ulser and an early grave. Our leadership, on either side of the political fence, has long been bought and payed for. Government (of, by, and for the Elite) has suplanted (of, by, and for the People.) Get over it! Choice is an illusion. Live a moral life, make the right choises in your own life, and to Hell with the Bastards in charge.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Everyone thinks that when CONUS is under a ballistic nuclear missile attack that we are just going to stand there and take it.

People this is not a game! If you live on the left coast, mid west or east coast you must be aware there are bad guys who want you dead and they are planning this attack now!

These missile tests are a great thing, it sends a message to leaders around the world, that yes you might get one through, but the responce will mean death and carnage to your country!

And for one minute do you really think that we are going to shoot one anti-missile at an in bound nuke.

Please, the sky will be filled with these anti-missile missiles to each one in bound and the testing going on right now shows that if we can get close with one, just think what 10 would do to a target.

And to our ATS members in Canada and in the EU, you people had better hope we get the bugs worked out of this missile system because in the near future these birds will be the last line of defence between you and a Thermo nuclear blast.

Happy Holidays
SIRR1

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

then on those $20,000+/- toilet seats

You do realize of course, that they never spent that on a toilet seat, nor $400 hammers? Such figures were thought to be minute enough to escape detection and coverup diversions to black projects... Unfortunately for them, someone caught on to it, hehe...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
To start we taxpayers would quit wasting money trying to deploy something that has never been researched, tested or proven.

We would work in the logical order, research it, test & prove it, THEN deploy it.

The reason it is done the way it is is because Washington is a cesspit of corruption and big corporate influence. The more confused, complicated and messy the process is the easier it is to suck and bleed it for profits.

Fraud and deception are easier to hide and 'explain' as mistakes and confusion.

Sorry, I disagree.
Often new technology is pushed out well before it has been thorughly tested, as there can be no better test bed than life. Im not talking about airliners or a new microwave, but I wonder how many of the designers and engineers of the Saturn 5 rockets were sat there as they blasted upwards expecting them to disintegrate at any moment ?!

If NASA and the US govt had really spent the time to go thru all the safety proceedures, The russians would have beaten them to the moon and already opened a chilled vodka stall by the time they got there.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Using your analogy, Argus,

Prior to the Saturn V rocket was the Redstone, Jupiter, Juno, & Saturn I rockets.
It was a learning process as this one should be.

With a new untested technology the work should be a work in progress until you have a design that is effective.

We have no working prototype, yet we are schedueled to deploy. What gives?

I think the threat of a mass missile attack is reduced from what it was 2 decades ago. We are acting so excited we are going to fire the pistol before it's out of the holster. huh?

Should I be worried that we are going to launch a nuclear attack that we will have to defend from the response?

If a terrorist, or goverment sponsored staged 'terrorist' event occurs, which seems much more likely to me, it will most likely be from a suitcase bomb.

Would you buy a proposed fleet of vehicles when there wasn't even a working model?

I have no objection to do creating a working prototype, then deploying.

Can anyone say "Cart before the Horse" ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join