It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police union to state lawmakers: Don't mess with no-knock warrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Stretching the definition of "workplace safety" to include campaigning for laws that allow the "safety" to be shifted away from citizens boggles my mind.

There are lots of things that I'm sure would increase the safety and ease of LEOs.

Total disarmament, no knives, no guns, no ball bats that aren't handed out by the local PD, with the obvious exceptions of celebrities, pols and the families of LEOs.

Everyone carrying papers, that's another.

No-warrant searches at any time, that would make life easier.

Total immunity for LEOs like judges have, instead of just near-total, that would be great too.

Having a master key to every lock, another great time saver.

Being able to tune people up with no repercussions, real nice there.

Being able to accept "tips" for your heroic service would be pretty cool.

Why not save some time and bypass the judges for simple cases? I'm sure a LEO should be able to wield the low justice on scene.

I'm sure a lot of things could be redone to make it a cakewalk for LEOs.

The problem is, there's a name for that sort of thing, and if you're not one of the holy elect, it's not particularly fun to live in.

I just see cop union management as attracting the sort that basically really want to take it there as their end goal. And a lot of people are followers and will do or support whatever the union suggests.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

That's one of the stupidest things I've read all day. It's a no brainer that police should be held accountable for their brainless decisions. That should be country wide to protect us from armed pink primates.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join